Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    “Everyone should watch out” – Augustine Sosu delighted after AshantiGold’s GPL promotion

    Trump backs down from ‘full scale’ Iran attack scheduled for TOMORROW after plea from Gulf allies

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»USDA suspends MILLIONS in federal awards to Minnesota over rampant fraud: ‘No more handouts to thieves’
    International

    USDA suspends MILLIONS in federal awards to Minnesota over rampant fraud: ‘No more handouts to thieves’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 10, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    USDA suspends MILLIONS in federal awards to Minnesota over rampant fraud: ‘No more handouts to thieves’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced Friday that it was suspending federal financial awards to Minnesota over ‘massive fraud.’

    ‘Enough is enough! The Trump administration has uncovered MASSIVE fraud in Minnesota and Minneapolis—billions siphoned off by fraudsters,’ Brooke Rollins, the Secretary of Agriculture, wrote on X. ‘And those in charge have ZERO plan to fix it.’ 

    The funding for the awards was suspended effective immediately ‘until sufficient proof has been provided that the fraud has stopped,’ she added.

    ‘No more handouts to thieves!’ Rollins wrote. ‘Time to drain the Minnesota swamp and put American taxpayers first.’

    The awards currently total more than $129.1million, she said.

    Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey, both Democrats, were accused of refusing to ‘provide basic information or take common sense measures to stop fraud’ while in office.

    In a letter attached to the announcement, Rollins referenced that ‘numerous non-profits and businesses have defrauded the federal government in what a federal prosecutor in Minnesota called ‘a staggering, industrial-scale fraud’.’

    She specifically pointed to the Feeding Our Future nonprofit, which ran a $250 million fraud scheme that took advantage of a federally-funded child nutrition program. 

    USDA suspends MILLIONS in federal awards to Minnesota over rampant fraud: ‘No more handouts to thieves’

    Brooke Rollins, the Secretary of Agriculture, announced that federal financial awards to Minnesota were suspended immediately because of ‘massive fraud’

    As of late November, 78 people – 72 of whom are Somali – have been charged in connection to that program.

    The Department of Justice called it the ‘largest COVID-19 fraud scheme in the country.’

    Rollins said that Walz and Frey’s ‘leadership — or lack thereof’ had resulted in ‘fraudsters’ exploiting American taxpayers.

    ‘This necessitates federal action to protect taxpayer dollars until adequate safeguards can be established,’ she wrote.

    Walz and Frey were also accused of refusing ‘additional accountability and oversight, claiming that criticism of rampant fraud and abuse is “racist”.’

    Going forward, every transaction linked to an award received by Minnesota or Minneapolis will require ‘payment justifications.’ 

    The city and state were also asked to justify how they had spent all of their federal dollars from January 20 of last year until now within 30 days. 

    ‘While your Administrations have turned a blind eye to documented fraud, the Trump Administration has made clear that fraud, waste, and abuse are unacceptable,’ Rollins wrote.

    The Trump administration announced last week that child care payments to Minnesota had also been frozen

    The Trump administration announced last week that child care payments to Minnesota had also been frozen

    She added: ‘The American people deserve to know that their taxpayer dollars are helping those in need — not criminals.’

    On Friday, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said that Minnesota’s funds ‘could have potentially been diverted to the terrorist organization al-Shabab.’

    ‘We are thoroughly investigating the fraud, including funds sent to Somalia through money service businesses, which provide financial services outside of a formal bank,’ he said, according to Fox News.

    Bessent claimed that this happened under the ‘feckless mismanagement of the Biden Administration and Governor Tim Walz’ in December on X.

    ‘We are acting fast to ensure Americans’ taxes are not funding acts of global terror,’ he added.

    Last week, the federal government announced that child care payments to Minnesota had also been frozen. 

    That was due to the state’s ongoing daycare fraud scandal, which received wide attention after independent conservative journalist Nick Shirley shared footage of what he said were empty, fraudulent daycares around Minneapolis.

    That included a facility that featuring a misspelled sign, which referred to the daycare as the Quality ‘Learing’ Center – instead of the Quality Learning Center.

    Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said that Minnesotans’ tax dollars 'could have potentially been diverted to the terrorist organization al-Shabab'

    Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said that Minnesotans’ tax dollars ‘could have potentially been diverted to the terrorist organization al-Shabab’

    Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) Jim O’Neill demanded that Walz audit the centers who were allegedly involved. 

    However, that freeze was temporarily blocked by a federal judge in New York on Friday, The New York Times reported.

    Judge Arun Subramanian told the Trump administration to release the money – less than one day after Minnesota and four other states filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration’s move.

    The lawsuit argued that the freeze would harm families with young kids.

    This is a breaking news story. More to come…



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleSenegal narrowly beats Mali to advance to the semi-finals
    Next Article 24-Hour Authority to be established
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    May 18, 2026

    Trump backs down from ‘full scale’ Iran attack scheduled for TOMORROW after plea from Gulf allies

    May 18, 2026

    Wrongly convicted Jill Dando murder suspect Barry George denies raping 14-year-old girl in west London almost 40 years ago

    May 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 18, 2026

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    By RACHEL BOWMAN, US SENIOR NEWS REPORTER Updated: 17:09 EDT, 18 May 2026 A security…

    “Everyone should watch out” – Augustine Sosu delighted after AshantiGold’s GPL promotion

    Trump backs down from ‘full scale’ Iran attack scheduled for TOMORROW after plea from Gulf allies

    Arsenal 1-0 Burnley – Premier League LIVE: Latest score, team news and updates as Kai Havertz pulls title-chasing Gunners into the lead from yet another set-piece against already-relegated Clarets

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    “Everyone should watch out” – Augustine Sosu delighted after AshantiGold’s GPL promotion

    Trump backs down from ‘full scale’ Iran attack scheduled for TOMORROW after plea from Gulf allies

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.