Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    San Diego mosque shooters hated EVERYONE, according to manifesto being combed by FBI after massacre, as killer teen’s $1m home is raided by cops

    Jerry Afriyie gets late Black Stars invite for friendly against Mexico friendly

    One man is dead and four others injured after shooting in Canley Heights, Sydney

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Tim Davie RESIGNS as BBC director-general after doctoring Donald Trump’s speech for Panorama episode
    International

    Tim Davie RESIGNS as BBC director-general after doctoring Donald Trump’s speech for Panorama episode

    Papa LincBy Papa LincNovember 9, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Tim Davie RESIGNS as BBC director-general after doctoring Donald Trump’s speech for Panorama episode
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ADAM POGRUND, TRAINEE REPORTER

    Published: 13:05 EST, 9 November 2025 | Updated: 13:17 EST, 9 November 2025

    The BBC‘s director-general Tim Davie has resigned amid a row over the doctoring of a Donald Trump speech for a Panorama episode.

    Deborah Turness, the CEO of News, has also resigned following criticism that the BBC documentary misled viewers.

    In a statement, Mr Davie said: ‘There have been some mistakes made and as director general I have to take ultimate responsibility’. 

    It comes after an internal memo on impartiality by Michael Prescott, a former external adviser to the BBC’s editorial standards committee, claimed viewers were misled by the programme.

    The concerns regard clips spliced together from sections of Mr Trump’s speech on January 6, 2021 to make it appear he told supporters he was going to walk to the US Capitol with them to ‘fight like hell’.

    The documentary ‘Trump: A Second Chance?’ was broadcast by the BBC the week before last year’s US election. Mr Trump’s White House has since accused the BBC of ‘100 per cent fake news’.

    After the Telegraph revealed the internal memo, the House of Commons’ Culture, Media and Sport (CMS) Committee demanded information from Mr Shah and asked what actions he will take to address the concerns.

    The departures also follow a newsroom revolt after a newsreader who corrected ‘pregnant people’ to ‘women’ while live on air was rebuked. 

    Tim Davie RESIGNS as BBC director-general after doctoring Donald Trump’s speech for Panorama episode

    The BBC ‘s director-general Tim Davie has resigned amid a row over the doctoring of a Donald Trump speech for a Panorama episode

    Deborah Turness, the CEO of News, has also resigned following criticism that the BBC documentary misled viewers

    Deborah Turness, the CEO of News, has also resigned following criticism that the BBC documentary misled viewers

    The BBC has also faced fierce criticism for its coverage of the Israel-Gaza war and transgender rights.

    BBC Chairman Samir Shah said: ‘This is a sad day for the BBC. Tim has been an outstanding Director-General for the last five years. He has propelled the BBC forward with determination, single-mindedness and foresight.

    ‘He has had the full support of me and the Board throughout. However, I understand the continued pressure on him, personally and professionally, which has led him to take this decision today. The whole Board respects the decision and the reasons for it.

    ‘Tim has given 20 years of his life to the BBC. He is a devoted and inspirational leader and an absolute believer in the BBC and public service broadcasting. He has achieved a great deal. Foremost, under his tenure, the transformation of the BBC to meet the challenges in a world of unprecedented change and competition is well underway.

    ‘Personally, I will miss his stamina, good humour and resilience and I will miss working with him. I wish him and his family the very best for the future.

    ‘This is an important time for the Corporation and the Board and I will continue to work with Tim in the interim while we conduct the process to appoint his successor.

    Earlier on Sunday, Culture Secretary Lisa Nandy gave her backing to BBC bosses. 

    The Culture Secretary said she had ‘confidence’ in BBC director general Tim Davie and BBC chairman Samir Shah as she was quizzed over the ongoing row.

    This is a breaking news story. More to follow. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    Tim Davie RESIGNS as BBC director-general after doctoring Donald Trump’s speech for Panorama episode





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleTovar Dominates Moon In Mescalero » November 9, 2025
    Next Article Government approves 9% salary raise for public sector, raises minimum wage to GH₵21.77
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    San Diego mosque shooters hated EVERYONE, according to manifesto being combed by FBI after massacre, as killer teen’s $1m home is raided by cops

    May 19, 2026

    One man is dead and four others injured after shooting in Canley Heights, Sydney

    May 19, 2026

    Embattled LA Mayor Karen Bass doubles down on assertion that drug users should get free taxpayer-funded teeth

    May 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 19, 2026

    San Diego mosque shooters hated EVERYONE, according to manifesto being combed by FBI after massacre, as killer teen’s $1m home is raided by cops

    The homes of the killer teens who murdered three at the Islamic Center of San…

    Jerry Afriyie gets late Black Stars invite for friendly against Mexico friendly

    One man is dead and four others injured after shooting in Canley Heights, Sydney

    Augustine Boakye to miss Black Stars trip to Mexico due to Saint-Étienne Playoffs

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    San Diego mosque shooters hated EVERYONE, according to manifesto being combed by FBI after massacre, as killer teen’s $1m home is raided by cops

    Jerry Afriyie gets late Black Stars invite for friendly against Mexico friendly

    One man is dead and four others injured after shooting in Canley Heights, Sydney

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.