Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»President Mahama cuts sod for Wa-Tumu-Navrongo road project
    Politics

    President Mahama cuts sod for Wa-Tumu-Navrongo road project

    Papa LincBy Papa LincNovember 13, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    President Mahama cuts sod for Wa-Tumu-Navrongo road project
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    President John Dramani Mahama, on Tuesday, cut sod for the construction of the Wa-Hain-Tumu-Navrongo road under government’s Big Push initiative.

    Speaking at the ceremony at Guli in the Upper West Region, President Mahama declared that the project marked a solemn reaffirmation of a collective resolve to restore fairness and equity in the distribution of resources and development to every part of the nation.

    He stated that the Big Push programme was a national transformation blueprint designed to modernise infrastructure, expand opportunities, and create thousands of sustainable jobs across the country.

    According to the President, the project would see the upgrading and rehabilitation of more than 260 kilometres of roads in the Upper West Region alone.

    President Mahama further outlined the specific roads to benefit from the initiative, including the Wa-Bulenga-Yala; Wa-Hain; Tumu-Hain-Lawra; Tumu-Sicile-Navrongo; and Navrongo-Tumu-Sandema roads.

    He noted that these links would establish the first continuous asphalted corridor connecting the Upper West to Burkina Faso and the broader Sahel Region, positioning northern Ghana as a strategic hub under the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).

    The President emphasised that the project would create over 2,500 direct jobs for engineers, artisans, and technicians, and an additional 7,000 indirect jobs for vendors and service providers.

    He stressed that local materials would be prioritised to stimulate regional economies and ensure that every cedi invested circulates within local communities.

    Turning to quality assurance, President Mahama assured the public that only qualified contractors had been pre-selected to deliver the project within 24 months.

    “We have divided the road into lots so that no contractor has too long a stretch to delay progress. If you finish and you finish properly, you can come and ask for another one,” he said.

    He added that the Ministry of Finance has already secured GH¢13.8 billion for 2025 and GH¢30.8 billion for 2026 to ensure prompt payments to contractors.

    On the issue of road durability, he cautioned against the overloading of trucks, blaming it for the rapid deterioration of asphalted roads.

    He announced plans for stakeholder engagement to enforce weight restrictions to preserve the lifespan of new roads.

    President Mahama urged residents to protect construction materials and support the engineers.

    “These roads belong to you, your children, and your grandchildren,” he said.

    He reiterated that the Big Push initiative was not just about roads, but about people, livelihoods, and dignity.

    The President reaffirmed his vision of a 24-hour economy, supported by efficient transport networks, reliable energy, and modern infrastructure.

    “We are building a Ghana that never sleeps,” he said, adding, “When the NDC builds, we build with the people, for the people, and by the people.”

    BY NAZIRU ALHASSAN, GULI


    🔗 Follow Ghanaian Times WhatsApp Channel today. https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q
    🌍 Trusted News. Real Stories. Anytime, Anywhere.
    ✅ Join our WhatsApp Channel now! https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleSamuel Anim Addo refutes reports of Sulley Muntari’s arrest in Dubai
    Next Article Allies of Sir Keir Starmer warn coup plotters if they oust the PM it will trigger a General Election that would see the party annihilated
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    One dead, eight injured in head-on crash at Tipper Junction on Kasoa-Winneba road

    August 17, 2026

    GoldBod secures 30% of large-scale gold output for national reserves

    August 17, 2026

    Drivers can record police during traffic stops under new road traffic rules – CUTS International

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    By BURNEY WONG – NEWS REPORTER Published: 19:06 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 20:11…

    GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Dramatic truth about how NFL stars really feel over WAGs gatecrashing practice: Whispers of ‘distractions’ on the field after ‘alpha’ showoff’s ‘intimate’ PDA

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.