Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers

    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her

    What the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Premier League chief insists Man City’s 115 charges saga is ‘NOT top of the list’ in conversations with rival clubs – and adds verdict will take ‘as long as it takes’
    Sports

    Premier League chief insists Man City’s 115 charges saga is ‘NOT top of the list’ in conversations with rival clubs – and adds verdict will take ‘as long as it takes’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Premier League chief insists Man City’s 115 charges saga is ‘NOT top of the list’ in conversations with rival clubs – and adds verdict will take ‘as long as it takes’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By MIKE KEEGAN, CHIEF SPORTS REPORTER

    Published: 17:01 EDT, 19 August 2026 | Updated: 18:45 EDT, 19 August 2026

    Premier League boss Richard Masters has claimed that Manchester City’s ongoing 115 charges saga is ‘not necessarily top of the list’ when it comes to his conversations with clubs.

    City’s trial – over allegations of repeated breaches of the top-flight’s financial controls – ended in December 2024 but an eagerly-awaited verdict remains outstanding, despite the fact it is now well over three years since they were originally charged.

    Four Premier League sides have reserved the right to seek compensation should City be found guilty and it would appear that much of football is desperate for an outcome.

    However, Masters suggested that the noise in boardrooms up and down the country is not as loud as one might imagine.

    ‘I obviously speak to clubs all the time,’ he said. ‘It’s not necessarily a topic of conversation that is top of the list. (There are) Lots of other things to talk about and do. The Premier League moves on. It’s starting (again) on Friday evening.’

    Masters has previously admitted to being frustrated by the length of time the independent panel is taking to return its verdict, which could see City exonerated or facing historic penalties.

    Premier League chief insists Man City’s 115 charges saga is ‘NOT top of the list’ in conversations with rival clubs – and adds verdict will take ‘as long as it takes’

    Premier League boss Richard Masters has claimed that Manchester City’s ongoing 115 charges saga is ‘not necessarily top of the list’ when it comes to his conversations with clubs

    City’s trial – over allegations of repeated breaches of the top-flight’s financial controls – ended in December 2024 but a verdict remains outstanding. City deny all wrongdoing

    City’s trial – over allegations of repeated breaches of the top-flight’s financial controls – ended in December 2024 but a verdict remains outstanding. City deny all wrongdoing

    ‘The process is the process,’ he said. ‘It will resolve itself. But as you know, I literally can’t say a thing about it. There’s only one available option, which is to allow the process to reach its natural conclusion. I can’t talk about the substance of the case. I can’t talk about the timing of the case. Our rules are very clear about that. I understand that people are frustrated but it will take as long as it takes.’

    The Premier League’s latest domestic broadcast deal has seen the amount paid per game fall by around £2.5m. 

    Some have wondered if that is an indicator that fans are getting fed up of various litigations, with Nottingham Forest, Everton and Leicester City docked points in recent times. 

    But when asked if the perceived lenient penalty, a £10m fine handed to Chelsea for repeated backhanders, suggested there was a desire to move on from docking points, Masters denied that was the case.

    ‘I don’t think litigation and broadcast deals are necessarily associated,’ he said. ‘I do think litigation is to be avoided.

    ‘It should be a last resort within a league system or generally. I think that is generally the attitude that is taken by stakeholders in the game. Litigation is a last resort.’

    Premier LeagueManchester City

    Share or comment on this article:
    Premier League chief insists Man City’s 115 charges saga is ‘NOT top of the list’ in conversations with rival clubs – and adds verdict will take ‘as long as it takes’



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleNashville hospital leaves patient PARALYZED after drug mix-up saw doctors swap anesthetic for ‘deadly substance’
    Next Article FIFA lifts registration restrictions on Hearts of Oak after hiddink settlement
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    CELTIC 3 LASK 0 Deadly Duran puts Austrians to the sword as Bhoys take huge step towards Champions League

    August 19, 2026

    Marcus Rashford thanks Jamie Carragher for NOT talking about him… after Gary Neville pushed to discuss his Man United future

    August 19, 2026

    College cycling stars killed in horrific crash that left multiple teammates hospitalized with ‘serious injuries’

    August 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 19, 2026

    Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers

    Isaac Heeney has been revealed as the focus of the police probe into an alleged…

    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her

    What the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News

    FIFA lifts registration restrictions on Hearts of Oak after hiddink settlement

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers

    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her

    What the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.