Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Russian-Australian man charged over alleged foreign interference

    Meghan could return to acting once back in UK

    Pakistan’s Imran Khan moved to hospital after Supreme Court order | Politics News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Kemi says Tories will quit the ECHR and restart drilling in the North Sea in plans for their government
    International

    Kemi says Tories will quit the ECHR and restart drilling in the North Sea in plans for their government

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMay 10, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Kemi says Tories will quit the ECHR and restart drilling in the North Sea in plans for their government
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By SOPHIE CHURCH – POLITICAL REPORTER

    Published: 17:46 EDT, 10 May 2026 | Updated: 18:08 EDT, 10 May 2026

    The Conservatives have pledged to ‘reverse the disastrous decisions’ Keir Starmer has made in office as they lay out their plans for government.

    Kemi Badenoch‘s party vowed on Sunday to quit the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), triple stop-and-search and restart drilling in the North Sea under an agenda presented in their ‘alternative King’s Speech’.

    The Conservatives have committed to bringing forward 16 bills targeting welfare, immigration, crime, energy and defence reforms.

    With Sir Keir struggling to gain backbench support for his legislative programme, Mrs Badenoch said that where Britons have experienced ‘the painful reality of an opposition entering government without a plan’, she would not ‘make that same mistake’.

    And she said the proposals show her ‘renewed’ Conservative Party – which outperformed expectations at last week’s local elections – is ‘coming back with a plan to deliver’. 

    This followed a tumultuous weekend for Sir Keir, who was left clinging to power after overseeing a catastrophic set of election results for Labour.

    On Friday he admitted voters were disappointed by ‘the pace of change’ under Labour. The government has seen much of its flagship legislation face severe delays or drastic rewrites.

    The Hillsborough Law, for example – set out in Labour’s manifesto – has still not passed.

    Kemi says Tories will quit the ECHR and restart drilling in the North Sea in plans for their government

    Kemi Badenoch’s party vowed on Sunday to quit the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), triple stop-and-search and restart drilling in the North Sea

    Labour MP, Ian Byrne, slammed No10 for lacking the ‘political courage’ needed to deliver the law, which would compel public servants to tell the truth and co-operate with disaster inquiries.

    Mrs Badenoch said her laws would reverse Labour’s ‘disastrous’ course and ‘rectify the mistakes of previous Conservative governments’. 

    Under their Get Britain Drilling Bill, the Tories plan to reduce legal obstacles which prevent oil and gas projects being approved, protecting against energy price shocks.

    And commenting on plans to clamp down on illegal migration, shadow home secretary Chris Philp said Britain’s membership of the ECHR and the Human Rights Act have ‘protected everyone except the British public’.

    He said the Take Back Our Streets Bill – which will triple stop-and-search, deploy 10,000 extra officers and roll out facial recognition technology – would reverse ‘damage’ done by Labour.

    At the King’s Speech on Wednesday, the Labour Party will outline the laws it will bring forward in the next parliamentary session.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Kemi says Tories will quit the ECHR and restart drilling in the North Sea in plans for their government



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleAsante Kotoko hand five youth team players opportunity in win over Eleven Wonders
    Next Article Medeama SC extend lead as Kotoko return to wnning ways in GPL Match-day 32 Wrap Up
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Russian-Australian man charged over alleged foreign interference

    August 21, 2026

    Moment freak thunderstorm batters Spain – seeing tourists run for cover as streets turn to rivers

    August 21, 2026

    Furious mum shares photo of her five-year-old daughter with Isaac Heeney taken as police drama unfolded at team hotel

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 21, 2026

    Russian-Australian man charged over alleged foreign interference

    Man, 27, faces foreign interference chargeAFP made an arrest after a task force probe See more…

    Meghan could return to acting once back in UK

    Pakistan’s Imran Khan moved to hospital after Supreme Court order | Politics News

    Boxing News: Pezhman Seifkhani Back In Action October 18 » August 20, 2026

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Russian-Australian man charged over alleged foreign interference

    Meghan could return to acting once back in UK

    Pakistan’s Imran Khan moved to hospital after Supreme Court order | Politics News

    Most Popular

    Plane crash kills one person after DHL cargo flight crashes into a house as it approached Vilnius Airport

    November 25, 20240 Views

    Centre for Social Democracy files RTI petition demanding handing over notes of Akufo-Addo

    November 25, 20240 Views

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.