Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Driver knocked down and killed pensioner, 80, after her view was blocked by stuffed toys dangling from her rear-view mirror

    I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction

    Charter plane crash near Alaskan military site kills 8 | Aviation News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction
    News

    I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

    I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction

    Ofoase-Ayirebi Member of Parliament Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has hinted at seeking a review of the Supreme Court’s decision dismissing his application to halt selected criminal trials during the legal vacation.

    Justice Gabriel Pwamang, sitting as a single judge of the Supreme Court, dismissed Mr Oppong Nkrumah’s interlocutory injunction application on Friday, August 21.

    The application sought to stop selected criminal trials from proceeding during the legal vacation, which runs from August 1 to September 30.

    Oppong Nkrumah said the court made what he described as “very interesting pronouncements” in its ruling, including an observation that some cases had been treated differently during the legal vacation.

    Speaking to journalists after Friday’s proceedings, he said the legal team would first study the certified true copy of the ruling before deciding on the next course of action.

    “So, the court has dismissed our injunction application. But in the ruling, some very interesting pronouncements have been made. For the first time, the court has admitted that some cases have been treated differently. Those are the words of the judge,” he said.

    Mr Oppong Nkrumah said the judge acknowledged that certain cases had been treated differently and expedited during the legal vacation.

    He said the judge, however, concluded that the differential treatment did not amount to a violation of the constitutional provisions relied on in the case.

    “He doesn’t say so. But then he proceeds to say that in his opinion that will not amount to a violation of the constitutional articles that we have raised in this particular matter. And that he thinks that that will even be in the interest of the accused persons,” Mr Oppong Nkrumah said.

    The MP said the legal team had requested a certified true copy of the ruling to enable them to examine the court’s reasoning in detail.

    “We’ve asked for a certified copy so that we can peruse it some more and then on the advice of counsel we’ll take the next steps,” he said.

    Asked whether he was considering an application for review, Mr Oppong Nkrumah responded: “Very much so, very much so, but we’ll consider it.”

    He then referred the matter to his lawyer, Frank Davies, for further comment.

    Earlier, Mr Davies said the legal team accepted the court’s decision and would study the full written ruling before advising their client.

    “We will abide by the ruling of the court for now,” he said.

    Mr Davies said the lawyers would examine the certified copy of the judgment before determining what further legal action, if any, should be taken.

    The dismissal means the affected trials can continue while the substantive suit challenging the constitutionality of the Chief Justice’s administrative warrants remains pending.

    The cases include the trial of former National Signals Bureau Director-General Kwabena Adu-Boahene and his wife, as well as former NAFCO Chief Executive Officer Hanan Abdul-Wahab, among others.

    Mr Oppong Nkrumah is expected to make a decision on a possible review after studying the certified true copy of Friday’s ruling with his legal team.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.



    Source link
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleCharter plane crash near Alaskan military site kills 8 | Aviation News
    Next Article Driver knocked down and killed pensioner, 80, after her view was blocked by stuffed toys dangling from her rear-view mirror
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Driver knocked down and killed pensioner, 80, after her view was blocked by stuffed toys dangling from her rear-view mirror

    August 21, 2026

    Charter plane crash near Alaskan military site kills 8 | Aviation News

    August 21, 2026

    Iraqi man was ‘close associate of Heaton Park synagogue terrorist but did not tell police about impending attack’, court is told

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 21, 2026

    Driver knocked down and killed pensioner, 80, after her view was blocked by stuffed toys dangling from her rear-view mirror

    By AIDAN RADNEDGE, SENIOR NEWS REPORTER Published: 07:38 EDT, 21 August 2026 | Updated: 07:41…

    I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction

    Charter plane crash near Alaskan military site kills 8 | Aviation News

    Accra Inter-City Marathon launched – Ghanaian Times

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Driver knocked down and killed pensioner, 80, after her view was blocked by stuffed toys dangling from her rear-view mirror

    I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction

    Charter plane crash near Alaskan military site kills 8 | Aviation News

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.