Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Harry and Meghan will look to become ‘private royals-plus’ while back in the UK and may only stay one year before moving to Canada or Australia, says source

    Boxing News: Wyatt Trujillo Secures Second UBO Title » August 23, 2026

    7-month-old baby found dead in a drain at Obuasi Old Estate

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Elon Musk doubles down on Ben Roberts-Smith comment following the Australian former SAS soldier being charged with war crimes
    International

    Elon Musk doubles down on Ben Roberts-Smith comment following the Australian former SAS soldier being charged with war crimes

    Papa LincBy Papa LincApril 12, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Elon Musk doubles down on Ben Roberts-Smith comment following the Australian former SAS soldier being charged with war crimes
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ASHLEY NICKEL, NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA

    Published: 10:31 EDT, 12 April 2026 | Updated: 10:32 EDT, 12 April 2026

    The billionaire boss of Tesla and SpaceX has weighed in for a second time on the saga surrounding Australia most decorated soldier being charged with war crimes.

    Ben Roberts-Smith was arrested at Sydney‘s domestic airport last week after he landed on a flight from Brisbane with his two teenage daughters.

    The Victoria Cross recipient was later charged with five counts of war crime – murder over alleged incidents in Afghanistan between 2009 and 2012. 

    His arrest was the result of a costly five-year-long investigation conducted by the Australian Federal Police and the Office of the Special Investigator.

    Musk last week said news of the situation sounded ‘insane’. He repeated the same phrase on Sunday night when he reposted an X post by political activist Drew Pavlou.

    Pavlou had linked to a Daily Mail article which revealed two of the five Afghans that Roberts-Smith is alleged to have murdered have never been identified, despite the $318million bill for the investigation.

    According to investigators, the charges are connected to alleged incidents in Uruzgan Province across multiple tours. 

    Prosecutors allege Roberts‑Smith intentionally caused the death of a person during a April 12, 2009 operation at Kakarak. 

    Elon Musk doubles down on Ben Roberts-Smith comment following the Australian former SAS soldier being charged with war crimes

    Elon Musk has weighed in again on the arrest of Ben Roberts-Smith following a lengthy investigation said to have cost north of $300million

    Musk is highly active on X, the platform which he bought for billions

    Musk is highly active on X, the platform which he bought for billions

    The two-metre-tall former elite soldier was handcuffed and marched through Sydney Airport following his arrest by the AFP

    The two-metre-tall former elite soldier was handcuffed and marched through Sydney Airport following his arrest by the AFP

    He also allegedly aided, abetted, counselled or procured another person to intentionally cause a death during the same operation.

    Further charges are connected to a separate incident on or about September 11, 2012 at Darwan, where he is accused of assisting in the intentional killing of a person.

    Authorities also allege Roberts‑Smith acted alongside another individual to intentionally cause a death on or about October 20, 2012 at Syahchow, as well as aiding or procuring a killing at the same location and date.

    Among the allegations are that he shot dead one already-captured man and his prosthetic leg was then used as a trophy to drink beer. 

    He is also accused of kicking a man, whose arms were tied, off a 10metre cliff before ordering another soldier to shoot him.

    The allegations have previously been published in newspapers and Roberts-Smith has long maintained his innocence.

    He is being held in jail as he awaits a bail hearing on April 17. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    Elon Musk doubles down on Ben Roberts-Smith comment following the Australian former SAS soldier being charged with war crimes



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleLate Ekuban Strike Seals Crucial Win for Genoa
    Next Article Black Maidens coach Nana Adarkwa confident ahead of Togo clash
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Harry and Meghan will look to become ‘private royals-plus’ while back in the UK and may only stay one year before moving to Canada or Australia, says source

    August 23, 2026

    Moment ‘TikTok joyrider’ killed in Teesside police smash drives recklessly in clip posted online – as tributes pour in for ‘hero’ police officers who died in crash

    August 23, 2026

    Melania marks second rare public appearance in a week alongside Trump at DC Indy Car Race

    August 23, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 23, 2026

    Harry and Meghan will look to become ‘private royals-plus’ while back in the UK and may only stay one year before moving to Canada or Australia, says source

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will seek to have a hybrid private-royal status when they make…

    Boxing News: Wyatt Trujillo Secures Second UBO Title » August 23, 2026

    7-month-old baby found dead in a drain at Obuasi Old Estate

    Photos: Ukraine celebrates National Flag Day | Russia-Ukraine war News

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Harry and Meghan will look to become ‘private royals-plus’ while back in the UK and may only stay one year before moving to Canada or Australia, says source

    Boxing News: Wyatt Trujillo Secures Second UBO Title » August 23, 2026

    7-month-old baby found dead in a drain at Obuasi Old Estate

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.