Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97

    USS Lincoln crisis: How it compares to past aircraft carrier deployments | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’
    International

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By REBECCA CAMBER, CRIME AND SECURITY EDITOR

    Published: 07:00 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 07:01 EDT, 17 August 2026

    Double killer Simon Levy strangled a prison guard and stabbed him with a pen while he was awaiting trial for murder, a court heard today.

    The 41-year-old sexual predator, who murdered two women, raped and almost killed a third while he was on bail for multiple sex attacks, is now facing new charges of strangulation and assault.

    Details emerged for the first time today after Levy was sentenced last week to a whole life term for the murders of Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53, Sheryl Wilkins, 39, and the near-fatal suffocation and rape of a third woman last year.

    Westminster Magistrates‘ Court heard that the partially blind murderer leapt on a male prison officer during a meeting in Belmarsh Prison on February 18 this year.

    He is accused of stabbing the guard a number of times with the ‘weapon’ towards his neck and in the arm.

    Prosecutor David Burns told the court: ‘He attacked him, stabbing him with a pen multiple times to the arm and towards the neck.’

    When the officer fell to the floor during the alleged assault, Levy is said to have grabbed his throat.

    The prosecutor went on: ‘He got hold of him around the throat and he felt his grip tighten around his throat.

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard that the partially blind murderer leapt on a male prison officer during a meeting in Belmarsh Prison on February 18 this year

    Levy was sentenced last week to a whole life term for two murders, including that of Sheryl Wilkins, 39, and the near-fatal suffocation and rape of a third woman last year

    Levy was sentenced last week to a whole life term for two murders, including that of Sheryl Wilkins, 39, and the near-fatal suffocation and rape of a third woman last year

    The 41-year-old sexual predator murdered Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53

    The 41-year-old sexual predator murdered Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53

    ‘The attack is aggravated by the fact that this is an attack on a prison officer.’

    But Jason Lartey, defending, said his client denied assaulting the officer in any way.

    Levy spoke during the hearing only to confirm his name, date of birth, and to enter not-guilty pleas.

    He appeared via videolink from prison for the brief hearing to deny charges of intentional strangulation and assaulting a person thereby occasioning them actual bodily harm.

    But deputy chief magistrate Tan Ikram appeared not to know about his history, asking Mr Lartey: ‘What is your client’s position? He is a serving prisoner isn’t he?’

    The defence lawyer responded: ‘Yes judge, he was sentenced to a whole-life order on Wednesday.’

    Last week Judge Mark Lucraft said the double killer had a ‘morbid fascination with sex, rape and crime‘ as he sentenced him to a whole-life tariff at the Old Bailey.

    Detectives believe Levy may have been carrying out daily attacks for years, escalating from groping women on the London Underground to rape, suffocation and eventually murder.

    Although he had convictions for sexual violence dating back to 2018, British Transport Police, the Metropolitan Police and magistrates all failed to appreciate the danger he posed, releasing Levy on bail four times leaving him free to daily stalk the transport network claiming countless victims.

    While on bail, he carried out at least six sexual assaults on the Tube. Levy raped and suffocated a sex worker leaving her for dead in January last year before going on to commit two murders months later.

    Police and prosecutors have apologised for failing to put him behind bars.

    The latest charges have been sent to Inner London Crown Court for trial, with a hearing set for September 14.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleOMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Housing minister casts doubt over Labour reaching its goal of building 1.5million new homes as he admits target ‘is looking really tough’

    August 17, 2026

    Britons on benefits ‘could be given therapy and healthy meals rather than cash’ under Labour reforms

    August 17, 2026

    Husband drove hours across state lines with his dead wife’s CORPSE propped up in passengers seat after brutal murder, police say

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    By REBECCA CAMBER, CRIME AND SECURITY EDITOR Published: 07:00 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated:…

    OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97

    USS Lincoln crisis: How it compares to past aircraft carrier deployments | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Cutting waste key to economic recovery – Pres Mahama

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97

    USS Lincoln crisis: How it compares to past aircraft carrier deployments | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.