Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Body of missing Sydney bushwalker Lily Hooper, 18, is found despite her devastated family being told she was discovered alive

    Harvard to pay $53 million to settle lawsuits over theft of body parts

    Fears grow in Amazon village as Brazilian drug gangs push into Bolivia | Newsfeed

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»Council of State member clashes with EOCO over investigation involving him
    Politics

    Council of State member clashes with EOCO over investigation involving him

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMarch 31, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Council of State member clashes with EOCO over investigation involving him
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    A member of the Council of State, Gabriel Tanko Kwamigah-Atokple, has accused the Economic and Organised Crime Office of acting unlawfully in an ongoing investigation involving him and a company he founded.

    In a statement issued on March 30, 2026, he indicated that the matter relates to a dispute involving JG Resources Ltd, which he said had already been settled by the High Court in Adentan on March 19, 2026.

    According to him, the court ruled that EOCO had no mandate to investigate him and ordered the defreezing of accounts that had been frozen during the probe.

    He argued that the case was a civil contractual matter and not a criminal issue.

    Kwamigah-Atokple accused EOCO of ignoring the court’s decision and continuing with what he described as an unlawful investigation.

    The Member of Council of State further alleged that the agency’s actions are reckless and could amount to contempt of court.

    He criticised EOCO’s leadership under Raymond Archer, claiming the office has shifted its focus from lawful enforcement to media publicity that damages reputations.

    Kwamigah-Atokple explained that the dispute involves a gold supply agreement between Sesi-Edem Company Limited and JG Resources Ltd, covering June 2025 to June 2026.

    He stated that more than half of the gold had already been delivered and that the contract period had not yet expired.

    According to him, his company was fully licensed, with approvals from relevant state institutions, and that this was confirmed in court.

    He further accused EOCO of declaring him wanted without formally inviting him for questioning.

    He maintained that his company had cooperated with the agency during earlier stages of the investigation by submitting documents and attending interviews.

    Kwamigah-Atokple has therefore demanded a public apology and a withdrawal of EOCO’s statement within 12 hours.

    He warned that he will take legal action to protect his reputation and uphold the authority of the court if the demands are not met.

    By: Jacob Aggrey



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleGFA begins search for new Black Stars coach after Otto Addo exit
    Next Article ‘IT’S LIKE IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY’: Grieving families of two of the youngest Creeslough victims reveal why they fear the local authority may have yet AGAIN broken the vow it made about the tragic gas blast site as their fight for JUSTICE continues
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Six injured as Toyota Corolla plunges into Birim river

    August 20, 2026

    FIFA lifts registration restrictions on Hearts of Oak after hiddink settlement

    August 19, 2026

    Government pays GH¢10.8 billion DDEP coupon in full- Min. Of Finance announces

    August 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 20, 2026

    Body of missing Sydney bushwalker Lily Hooper, 18, is found despite her devastated family being told she was discovered alive

    By MAISY RAE – NEWS REPORTER Published: 21:52 EDT, 19 August 2026 | Updated: 23:07…

    Harvard to pay $53 million to settle lawsuits over theft of body parts

    Fears grow in Amazon village as Brazilian drug gangs push into Bolivia | Newsfeed

    UFC legend accuses ex-wife of abducting their 14-year-old daughter as custody battle takes wild turn

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Body of missing Sydney bushwalker Lily Hooper, 18, is found despite her devastated family being told she was discovered alive

    Harvard to pay $53 million to settle lawsuits over theft of body parts

    Fears grow in Amazon village as Brazilian drug gangs push into Bolivia | Newsfeed

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.