Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Trump hails last-minute deal with Canada to avoid crippling tariffs as he breathes fresh life into plan for giant oil pipeline

    The 10.94 Cedi to 1 USD Paradox: Macroeconomic triumph, the import subsidy trap, and the threat to youth employment

    US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Africa News»US refineries taking in half of Venezuela’s oil output, official says | Oil and Gas News
    Africa News

    US refineries taking in half of Venezuela’s oil output, official says | Oil and Gas News

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 19, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    US refineries taking in half of Venezuela’s oil output, official says | Oil and Gas News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Venezuela is exporting about half of its oil output to the United States, according to a senior US official, seven months after Washington abducted President Nicolas Maduro and installed an interim government in Caracas.

    Speaking at an industry event in Houston on Tuesday, Under Secretary of Energy Kyle Haustveit said more than 500,000 barrels per day (bpd) are now moving from Venezuela to the US out of national output of roughly 1.25 million bpd.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 3 itemsend of list

    He said the oil was moving to refineries “built specifically for that crude”.

    Venezuela holds the world’s largest proven oil reserves – an estimated 303 billion barrels, or about 17 percent of the global total, according to the US Energy Information Administration.

    But decades of underinvestment and sanctions had left it producing roughly 1 percent of world supply. At the end of 2025, it was producing about 1 million barrels per day, with some 135,000 barrels per day going to the US.

    The country’s oil is heavy, sour crude, the type refineries on the US Gulf Coast are built to process, making the resumption of Venezuelan imports a direct benefit to those plants.

    ‘Beautiful energy partnership’

    Haustveit said Washington was also helping to scale up production in Venezuela, noting that the US is sending more than 100,000 bpd of naphtha to the country, where it is blended with heavier crude.

    He called the arrangement “a beautiful energy partnership”, saying there was a “real value being created on both sides of the trade”.

    Venezuelan officials at the same event said the country hopes to increase its output further.

    Jovanny Martinez, a vice president at state oil company PDVSA, said Venezuela’s crude output would reach 1.245 million bpd by the end of August, with exports up 19.7 percent this year. He said fuel output has risen 12.9 percent so far this year, supplying 5.4 percent more fuel domestically.

    “We made a big effort for an energy reform, and now we’re looking for real results in terms of development,” Martinez said.

    Martinez also said the country’s refineries should be improved, modernised and expanded, and that Venezuela needs diluents for heavier grades that should be developed domestically.

    The increase in Venezuela’s oil output comes after US President Donald Trump said Washington would run Venezuela and tap its oil reserves. In the days following Maduro’s removal, he said the “money will be controlled by me” to “ensure it is used to benefit the people of Venezuela and the United States”.

    US Secretary of State Marco Rubio later told the US Congress that the funds from Venezuelan oil sales “will be deposited into an account that we will have oversight over”. He added that Caracas would submit a monthly budget request against the account, with Washington specifying up front what the funds could not be used for.

    The Financial Times reported in July that the US has collected more than $13bn in revenue from Venezuelan oil sales this year.

    Responding to that report on July 27, Trump said the actual figure was higher.

    But his administration has said almost nothing about what has happened to the money.

    In April, a State Department official told Congress that the department had authorised the disbursement of about $3bn to Venezuela.

    The Council on Foreign Relations, an independent think tank, said in June that while the administration has repeatedly framed its control of Venezuelan oil exports as benefitting both countries, “it has not publicly disclosed how much oil it has sold, how much revenue it has collected, or how it has used those funds”. It said the opacity extends to Venezuelan gold and other mineral exports Washington also controls.

    The think tank also expressed concern over the Trump administration’s decision to exclude Venezuela’s opposition and civil society from discussions with the interim government in Caracas over the country’s future.

    That government is led by Maduro’s vice president, Decly Rodriguez.

    “Without accountability mechanisms or a clear democratic roadmap, the United States risks entrenching a corrupt successor regime,” it added.

    Venezuela’s opposition, including Nobel peace laureate Maria Corina Machado, in May agreed to a new roadmap that called for presidential elections and political negotiations.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleREVEALED: What five Sydney Swans stars did to get stood down for the rest of the season – as club boss blasts late-night drinking and bringing women back to hotel
    Next Article Boakye Agyarko vows to rebuild NPP as over 50 constituency chairpersons back his chairmanship bid
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News

    August 19, 2026

    How Ebola became the deadliest outbreak in DR Congo’s history | News

    August 19, 2026

    Al Jazeera reports from Indonesia’s quake zone, desperate for help | Earthquakes

    August 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 19, 2026

    Trump hails last-minute deal with Canada to avoid crippling tariffs as he breathes fresh life into plan for giant oil pipeline

    Donald Trump announced that the United States and Canada have made a deal that will…

    The 10.94 Cedi to 1 USD Paradox: Macroeconomic triumph, the import subsidy trap, and the threat to youth employment

    US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News

    Sydney Swans stars banned for rest of season amid ‘sexual assault’ scandal as fifth player is named

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Trump hails last-minute deal with Canada to avoid crippling tariffs as he breathes fresh life into plan for giant oil pipeline

    The 10.94 Cedi to 1 USD Paradox: Macroeconomic triumph, the import subsidy trap, and the threat to youth employment

    US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.