Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Trump hails last-minute deal with Canada to avoid crippling tariffs as he breathes fresh life into plan for giant oil pipeline

    The 10.94 Cedi to 1 USD Paradox: Macroeconomic triumph, the import subsidy trap, and the threat to youth employment

    US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Sydney Swans stars banned for rest of season amid ‘sexual assault’ scandal as fifth player is named
    Sports

    Sydney Swans stars banned for rest of season amid ‘sexual assault’ scandal as fifth player is named

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 19, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Sydney Swans stars banned for rest of season amid ‘sexual assault’ scandal as fifth player is named
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The Sydney Swans have stood down five players for the remainder of the AFL season for breaching the club’s standards – amid a separate investigation into an alleged sexual assault scandal engulfing the team. 

    ‘Sydney Swans players Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner will not be considered for selection for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season,’ the club said on Wednesday.

    ‘The AFL is supportive of the club’s sanctions. We respect there is an ongoing investigation by Victoria Police and the actions we have taken today are independent of this.’

    The Swans added they recognised the serious impact the alleged incident had on the women involved and expressed concern for their wellbeing.

    All five players had each played at least 20 of the 22 games so far this season.

    The sanctions have thrown the Swans’ premiership hopes into chaos after the club cemented second spot on the ladder and booked a home qualifying final.

    Sydney Swans stars banned for rest of season amid ‘sexual assault’ scandal as fifth player is named

    Sydney Swans players Riley Bice, Chad Warner, Isaac Heeney and James Jordon, who have been stood down 

    Nick Blakey has been named as the fifth player stood down

    Nick Blakey has been named as the fifth player stood down 

    Swans chair Andrew Pridham and chief executive Matthew Pavlich are scheduled to front the media at 12pm. 

    Earlier, a dejected Swans coach Dean Cox was tight-lipped when confronted by reporters as he arrived at club headquarters shortly before 7am.

    ‘The club will make a statement,’ he said.

    When asked if there was still a feeling of disappointment among the club, Cox replied, “Yeah there is.'”

    Swans players were silent as they arrived at the club. 

    The move comes as police continue their investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving Swans players at the Pullman East Melbourne hotel.

    The allegations stem from a dispute involving a woman over a perceived breach of her personal boundaries at the hotel. 

    The team was in Melbourne following its 36-point victory over Essendon at the MCG on Sunday, with the Pullman located 200m from the stadium. 

    Chad Warner was questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured with his girlfriend Alice Hughes

    Chad Warner was questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured with his girlfriend Alice Hughes

    Riley Bice will also not play another game this season

    Riley Bice will also not play another game this season 

    A player had arranged for at least two women to come to the hotel in the early hours of Monday, the source said, after more than six teammates had been out for dinner and drinks following their win.

    Players reportedly returned to the hotel in several groups between about 2.15am and 3.40am, with some allegedly seen yelling on the street.

    The women at the centre of the allegations reportedly arrived after 4am.

    A commotion allegedly erupted inside one of the players’ rooms after a woman claimed an understanding about what was ‘off limits’ had been violated.

    One of the women then left the room and went downstairs, where she confronted staff from the club and hotel.

    People in the hotel lobby heard a visibly upset woman tell staff she had been ‘inappropriately touched’.

    Victoria Police subsequently attended the hotel and confirmed officers were investigating a report of sexual assault. 

    Heeney, Warner, Jordon and Bice were interviewed by police as part of the investigation. 

    Isaac Heeney was questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured here with his fiancee Steffanie Waters

    Isaac Heeney was questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured here with his fiancee Steffanie Waters 

    ‘Police spoke to a number of people at the hotel, however no one has been arrested or formally interviewed at this time,’ police said. 

    Daily Mail does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or involved in any wrongdoing, just that they spoke to police about the alleged incident.

    The five players reportedly drove back to Sydney on Monday night to avoid media at the airport. 

    It comes after AFL chief executive Andrew Dillon on Tuesday released a statement calling for more respect around the sexual assault allegations.

    ‘The woman who made the report to police is entitled to privacy and care, and that should be respected.

    ‘It is important that the police process is allowed to run its course.

    ‘Sexual assault allegations are serious, regardless of who is involved, what time of year it is, or what they may mean for a season.

    ‘Our first question should not be what this means for a football club. It should be whether our actions match the standards we stand for and the community expects of us.

    James Jordan was questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured here with his partner Emily Twycross

    James Jordan was questioned by police over the allegations. He is pictured here with his partner Emily Twycross 

    ‘As a sport, and as an industry, we are clear about the standards we expect and the values we stand for and the need to uphold them.

    ‘Being clear about our standards also means being prepared to act when those standards are not met.

    ‘Notwithstanding the ongoing police investigation, the AFL and the Sydney Swans will consider the broader conduct of the players as more information comes to light.’

    The Swans play North Melbourne in the final round of the regular season at the SCG on Sunday afternoon.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleNatalie Harp once ‘traveled in a SUV trunk to stay with Trump’: New claims spread like wildfire as political brawling breaks out over White House aide
    Next Article US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    REVEALED: What five Sydney Swans stars did to get stood down for the rest of the season – as club boss blasts late-night drinking and bringing women back to hotel

    August 19, 2026

    Inician despedida de Prichard Colón en Winter Park en Florida

    August 19, 2026

    Josh Allen’s career in jeopardy: Locker room leaks of secret ‘frustrations’… and details of immense pressure weighing on promising Bills star

    August 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 19, 2026

    Trump hails last-minute deal with Canada to avoid crippling tariffs as he breathes fresh life into plan for giant oil pipeline

    Donald Trump announced that the United States and Canada have made a deal that will…

    The 10.94 Cedi to 1 USD Paradox: Macroeconomic triumph, the import subsidy trap, and the threat to youth employment

    US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News

    Sydney Swans stars banned for rest of season amid ‘sexual assault’ scandal as fifth player is named

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Trump hails last-minute deal with Canada to avoid crippling tariffs as he breathes fresh life into plan for giant oil pipeline

    The 10.94 Cedi to 1 USD Paradox: Macroeconomic triumph, the import subsidy trap, and the threat to youth employment

    US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president and top lawyer | Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.