Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Africa News»World reacts with cautious optimism to Hamas disarmament agreement | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    Africa News

    World reacts with cautious optimism to Hamas disarmament agreement | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJuly 31, 2026No Comments6 Mins Read16 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    World reacts with cautious optimism to Hamas disarmament agreement | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Palestinian group Hamas has announced that it has agreed to a deal aimed at fully ending Israel’s war on Gaza, which has inflicted death and destruction on the enclave for nearly three years.

    The agreement, which was confirmed on Thursday and Friday by the United States and other mediators, requires Hamas to make provisions to disarm and surrender its weapons in stages. Meanwhile, Israel would withdraw its forces.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 3 itemsend of list

    The agreement was announced late on Thursday by President Donald Trump, after the US-led Board of Peace and International Stabilization Force for Gaza announced that mediators from Egypt, Qatar, Turkiye and the US had finalised a roadmap for moving on to the next phase of the ceasefire.

    A truce deal was struck last October, but has failed to halt the hostilities, albeit the violence has been scaled back.

    Trump heralded the deal as “a historic agreement for the complete disarmament of Hamas and all other armed groups in Gaza” and “a monumental step toward lasting peace and security”.

    However, given the failure of the first phase of the ceasefire, and the deep mistrust between the Palestinian and Israeli sides, concern regarding the likely implementation of the agreement, and the potential for it to end the violence, is rife.

    Here’s how the world and the key players have reacted:

    United States
    Trump framed the agreement as the turning point of his 20-point plan introduced last year, writing on Truth Social that it was “a critical step towards Gaza finally being governed by a new Palestinian government that will work closely with the Board of Peace”.

    “Israel will have the security it deserves, with Gaza no longer used as a base for terror attacks,” he declared.

    “Most people said that would be a deal that would be undoable. Now, will it go through its ups and downs? It’s a very complex situation over there,” he said, adding that Israel is “very happy” with the agreement.

    Israel
    The Israeli government had made no official response by Friday evening.

    Far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir rejected the draft as “unacceptable to Israel,” and labelled the required commitment “to stop the assassinations” of Hamas members as “tantamount to agreeing to Hamas organising for the next massacre” – a reference to the October 2023 attack on southern Israel that resulted in the killing of 1,200 people, with 240 taken captive.

    “The assassinations in Gaza must continue, the encouragement of immigration must happen, Israel must win,” Ben-Gvir declared.

    Former army chief of staff Gadi Eisenkot, a leading contender to replace Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said the draft peace plan shows the “outrageous gap” between what the premier promised and reality.

    “The State of Israel must not accept a reality in which Hamas survives, rearms and waits for the opportunity to carry out the next massacre,” he wrote on social media.

    Hamas
    Hamas has insisted that disarmament will depend on Israel ending hostilities and pulling back from Gaza.

    “The occupation’s commitment to halting the killing is the fundamental prerequisite for proceeding with implementing and establishing a timeline for what has been agreed upon,” the group said.

    It said the entry of the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza, the deployment of an international stabilisation force, and the disbanding of Israeli-backed militias were all necessary conditions.

    Negotiator Ghazi Hamad told Al Jazeera the deal was a “comprehensive package” rather than a straightforward weapons handover, that will encompass an end to Israel’s offensive, a full troop withdrawal, the deployment of the National Committee and international forces, and reconstruction.

    Hamad cast the movement’s position as a compromise. Hamas, he said, “made concessions for the sake of our Palestinian people”, with the “primary objective” being “to protect our people in the Gaza Strip from the ongoing hostile measures and criminal plans pursued by the Israeli occupation”.

    Palestinian Islamic Jihad
    The framework has not been uniformly accepted among Palestinian armed factions. Palestinian Islamic Jihad, a party to the original ceasefire alongside Hamas, said reports of an agreement between the factions and Israel were “inaccurate,” and that the movement had “reservations about it in its currently circulated form”.

    National Committee for the Administration of Gaza
    The technocratic body slated to govern Gaza following the end of the conflict welcomed the roadmap and declared its “full readiness” to assume governance of the enclave and restore essential services.

    Board of Peace

    Nickolay Mladenov, director general of the Trump-backed Board of Peace, and architect of the phased approach, acknowledged how close the talks had come to collapse over recent months.

    “There were several points when I did not believe we would make it,” he wrote on X, adding that what happens next “matters even more” than the agreement itself.

    Mladenov insisted the implementation and verification mechanisms must be “real and effective”, and reiterated that the Israeli withdrawal must proceed in parallel with the dismantling of weapons.

    Egypt, Qatar and Turkiye
    The three mediating states, alongside the US, brokered the framework amid intensive shuttle diplomacy. Egypt, which hosted the Cairo talks at which the deal was sealed, is preparing to convene further meetings with US, Qatari and Turkish representatives to lock in second-phase commitments.

    Pakistan

    Shehbaz Sharif, prime minister of Pakistan, expressed hope that “concrete steps will be taken towards implementing all commitments under the Gaza Peace Plan. Pakistan also hopes that these efforts will lead to the realization of the right to self-determination of the people of Palestine … [and] … result in the establishment of an independent, sovereign, and contiguous State of Palestine, based on the pre-1967 borders”.

    European Union

    EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas called the plan, “if fully implemented”, a “constructive step towards peace”. But she cautioned that success was far from assured: “A lot needs to fall in place for this to work,” she wrote, saying it depended on the parties’ full implementation of their commitments.

    United Kingdom
    British Foreign Secretary Ed Miliband said the focus must now be to “implement the 20-Point Plan in full”, which he stressed “includes the withdrawal of the [Israeli army] from Gaza and respect for the ceasefire by all parties”.

    He noted that conditions for people in Gaza remained appalling, and pressed Israel to “immediately end the unacceptable restrictions on aid so that more food, medicine and support can reach those who need it”.

    Germany
    German Foreign Minister Johann Wadephul welcomed the roadmap, while insisting Hamas “must never again pose a threat to Israel”.

    He praised “Israel’s steps to enable deployment of [the International Stabilization Force]”, argued that “additional crossings into Gaza should be opened without delay”.

    Belgium
    Belgian Foreign Minister Maxime Prevot welcomed the draft as a potential step towards ending the conflict and “towards lasting peace and security for Israelis and Palestinians alike”.

    Writing on X, Prevot said it “must open the way to greater humanitarian access, the return of Palestinian governance in Gaza, and renewed momentum towards a negotiated two-state solution. Diplomacy deserves a real chance.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleProf. Kwabena Twerefou holds inaugural lecture; calls for better stewardship of Ghana’s natural resources
    Next Article Obaa Yaa Frimpong: Parliament owes this child more than an apology
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    August 22, 2026

    Lionel Messi fined for striking opponent in Inter Miami MLS game | Football News

    August 22, 2026

    ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam | Floods News

    August 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 22, 2026

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Minister for Energy and Green Transition, Dr. John Abdulai Jinapor Minister for Energy and Green…

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Aston Villa open talks with ex-Bayern Munich star Leon Goretzka and Liverpool youngster books loan deal amid work permit woes: WINDOW WATCH

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.