Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Arsenal’s all-nighter! Premier League-winning stars, led by Declan Rice, stay out until 5am after ending 22-year title wait – and mock rivals Man City with a water bottle in a nightclub

    Peak hour chaos as car is flipped upside-down during nasty crash on the Harbour Bridge – sparking huge traffic pile-up

    Martin O’Neill is a Celtic legend whose words hold weight and opinion matters … His refusal to condemn the Celtic Park pitch invasion is a disgrace

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Woke Socceroos star Jackson Irvine slams Donald Trump as the World Cup looms
    Sports

    Woke Socceroos star Jackson Irvine slams Donald Trump as the World Cup looms

    Papa LincBy Papa LincApril 30, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Woke Socceroos star Jackson Irvine slams Donald Trump as the World Cup looms
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    • National vice-captain blasted FIFA move with President 

    By MARC DE PAOLI FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS and MICHAEL PONTICELLO FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

    Published: 02:12 EDT, 30 April 2026 | Updated: 02:13 EDT, 30 April 2026

    Socceroos vice-captain Jackson Irvine has blown the whistle on FIFA’s decision to hand its inaugural peace prize to US President Donald Trump.

    The German-based midfielder says the decision undermines FIFA’s own Human Rights Policy.

    International football’s governing body, spearheaded by Gianni Infantino, honoured Trump at the men’s World Cup draw in December last year after he was overlooked by the Nobel Foundation in October.

    Infantino said Trump delivered ‘peace and unity’ ahead of the US co-hosting the 2026 tournament with Canada and Mexico, in what is set to shatter records as the most expensive sporting event to attend in history.

    Trump ordered the kidnap of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro a month after the draw and – without direct congressional approval – began ‌joint air strikes with Israel on Iran on February 28.

    ‘As an organisation, you would have to say decisions like the one that we saw awarding this peace prize makes a mockery of what they’re trying to do with the human rights charter and trying to use football as a global driving force for good and positive change in the world,’ Irvine told Reuters.

    Woke Socceroos star Jackson Irvine slams Donald Trump as the World Cup looms

    Socceroos player Jackson Irvine (pictured with wife Jemilla Pir) has taken aim at FIFA for its decision to hand its inaugural peace prize to US President Donald Trump

    Irvine (pictured) described the award for the President as a 'mockery'

    Irvine (pictured) described the award for the President as a ‘mockery’

    ‘Decisions like that feel like they just set us back in the perceived market of what football currently is, especially at the top level where it’s becoming so disconnected from society and the grassroots of what the game actually is and ‌means in our communities ‌and in the world.’

    Trump took to Truth Social on March 13 and said that he could not promise the safety of the Iran national team, whose group stage matches against New Zealand, Belgium and Egypt are scheduled on US soil.

    The ​33-year-old St Pauli captain – a Hamburg-based club renowned for its progressive stance – has long been vocal about humanitarian issues.

    Irvine and 15 other players called for the decriminalisation of same-sex relationships in a video prior to Qatar hosting the 2022 World Cup.

    He called for Trump to ensure the safety of minority groups ahead of the tournament in June.

    ‘It’s not an issue just in the Middle East, in America we’re seeing more and more of the rights of these communities … being taken away all over the country,’ he said.

    ‘We have to sincerely hope that we see a lot of open support in that space as well.’

    Irvine also took aim at the English Football Association’s ban on transgender women in women’s football, describing the decision as hypocritical.

    Donald Trump (pictured) was given the award by FIFA boss Gianni Infantino late last year

    Donald Trump (pictured) was given the award by FIFA boss Gianni Infantino late last year

    Irvine (pictured) is known for speaking out about humanitarian issues

    Irvine (pictured) is known for speaking out about humanitarian issues

    The Socceroo, who is the captain of German Bundesliga team St Pauli, expressed his frustration with the recent decision from the FA.

    The decision, announced in May last year, impacts grassroots players who had been allowed to participate under the previous policy.

    The FA made the move after the UK Supreme Court ruled that the words ‘woman’ and ‘sex’ in the Equality Act refer to a biological woman and biological sex.

    Irvine reacted to the decision by posting on social media: ‘Football deserves better. Our game is for everyone.’

    Share or comment on this article:
    Woke Socceroos star Jackson Irvine slams Donald Trump as the World Cup looms



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleThe King and Queen welcome stars including Nina Dobrev, Karlie Koss, Katherine Jenkins and Anna Wintour to charity gala in New York
    Next Article Dramatic moment cops storm million-dollar unit owned by high-flying surgeon boyfriend of Annastacia Palaszczuk – as officers are spotted searching his BARBECUE as major police investigation unfolds
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Arsenal’s all-nighter! Premier League-winning stars, led by Declan Rice, stay out until 5am after ending 22-year title wait – and mock rivals Man City with a water bottle in a nightclub

    May 20, 2026

    Martin O’Neill is a Celtic legend whose words hold weight and opinion matters … His refusal to condemn the Celtic Park pitch invasion is a disgrace

    May 20, 2026

    Aussie Olympics legend Neil Brooks has $2million fraud charges dropped after legal battle that lasted almost 10 years

    May 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 20, 2026

    Arsenal’s all-nighter! Premier League-winning stars, led by Declan Rice, stay out until 5am after ending 22-year title wait – and mock rivals Man City with a water bottle in a nightclub

    Arsenal’s triumphant players were spotted partying until daylight as they basked in the glory of…

    Peak hour chaos as car is flipped upside-down during nasty crash on the Harbour Bridge – sparking huge traffic pile-up

    Martin O’Neill is a Celtic legend whose words hold weight and opinion matters … His refusal to condemn the Celtic Park pitch invasion is a disgrace

    Andy Burnham said that men who identify as women should be able to use female toilets – and only a ‘small minority’ object, he claimed

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Arsenal’s all-nighter! Premier League-winning stars, led by Declan Rice, stay out until 5am after ending 22-year title wait – and mock rivals Man City with a water bottle in a nightclub

    Peak hour chaos as car is flipped upside-down during nasty crash on the Harbour Bridge – sparking huge traffic pile-up

    Martin O’Neill is a Celtic legend whose words hold weight and opinion matters … His refusal to condemn the Celtic Park pitch invasion is a disgrace

    Most Popular

    Breakthrough in search for missing San Francisco man who vanished in 2017

    November 19, 20240 Views

    “And she’s among the girls shouting” – Female congregant publicly declares crúsh during an anonymous Q&A session in church (WATCH)

    November 19, 20240 Views

    Tsikata praised Mahama’s govt because he enjoyed contracts under that regime

    November 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.