Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Bill Belichick blasts ‘deceptive’ CBS over infamous interview with Jordon Hudson as he demands full transcript be released

    Hero security guard who died trying to save others in San Diego mosque shooting identified as father of eight children

    Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is on the brink of playing in the French Open just weeks after becoming a dad

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Entertainment»Why I walked off the ‘Okomfo Anokye’ movie set
    Entertainment

    Why I walked off the ‘Okomfo Anokye’ movie set

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 4, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Why I walked off the ‘Okomfo Anokye’ movie set
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Agya Koo is a renowned Ghanaian actor Agya Koo is a renowned Ghanaian actor

    Popular Ghanaian Kumawood actor Adu Kofi, also known as Agya Koo, has laid bare the reason he didn’t continue the sequel to the historical movie “Okomfo Anokye.”

    Speaking on Angel FM, the seasoned actor explained that he made the decision after a director requested that he shoot a scene with his nakedness.

    According to Agya Koo, the scene required the character to shower in a stream while some maidens peeked at him, which the director requested that he shoot with his nakedness.

    “The director told me to shoot the scene while naked because that is what Okomfo Anokye did, but I insisted that in the time of Okomfo Anokye, there was no camera on him, and it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to do that knowing the movie was to be seen by a large number of people,” he said.

    There is still much work to be done for our creative sector – Agya Koo tells President Mahama

    Agya Koo further said that his disagreement birthed a misunderstanding between him, the director, and some producers who were working on the piece.

    He continued that for peace to reign, he suggested that they go enquire from elders at Manhyia Palace and seek direction; however, the producers refused.

    “I asked that we go to Manhyia to find out from the elders because I didn’t know much about the Okomfo Anokye story, but they refused, so I personally drove to Manhyia, and the elders I met told me I wasn’t appropriate to be on camera with my nakedness,” he explained.

    Agya Koo said that after enquiring from Manhyia by himself, he returned to let the crew know what the elders thought, but the director persisted, adding that if he refused to shoot the scene, then they can’t work with him.

    “They insisted that if I won’t shoot, then they won’t continue the movie,” he said, explaining that this was the dispute that led him to walk off the set without completing his piece.

    Watch the video below:

    @gistvybz Agya Koo recounts how movie producers ganged up against him and stopped hiring him #fyp #tiktokghana🇬🇭 #viral #ghanatiktok🇬🇭 #celebritynews ♬ original sound – Gist Vybz

    PAT/AE

    Watch Sarkodie’s electrifying performance at Promiseland 2025:





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleWhat we know so far
    Next Article SWAG President Kwabena Yeboah renews his marriage vows after 35 years
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Lady shows her boyfriend watching a football match at the cinema after dragging him there (Watch)

    May 18, 2026

    Man ends up assisting girlfriend at her salon after sending her money to rest (Watch)

    May 18, 2026

    “You are very stup!d” – Lady calls out “broke” girls who critique “broke” men

    May 15, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 19, 2026

    Bill Belichick blasts ‘deceptive’ CBS over infamous interview with Jordon Hudson as he demands full transcript be released

    By JAKE FENNER, US SPORTS WRITER Published: 21:00 EDT, 18 May 2026 | Updated: 22:14…

    Hero security guard who died trying to save others in San Diego mosque shooting identified as father of eight children

    Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is on the brink of playing in the French Open just weeks after becoming a dad

    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Bill Belichick blasts ‘deceptive’ CBS over infamous interview with Jordon Hudson as he demands full transcript be released

    Hero security guard who died trying to save others in San Diego mosque shooting identified as father of eight children

    Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is on the brink of playing in the French Open just weeks after becoming a dad

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.