Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Foreign music should inspire Ghanaian artistes, not cause concern

    Former NUGS President Bags Master’s Degree in Public Affairs from the University of Ghana.

    Outrage over plans to build border wall through famously gorgeous Texas national park

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Watch as Ken Agyapong, Adutwum storm Ashanti Region Council of State election
    News

    Watch as Ken Agyapong, Adutwum storm Ashanti Region Council of State election

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 17, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Watch as Ken Agyapong, Adutwum storm Ashanti Region Council of State election
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Scene from the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council on Monday, February 17, 2025 Scene from the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council on Monday, February 17, 2025

    The Council of State election for the Ashanti Region is being re-held on Monday, February 17, 2025, after the election was marred by violence on Tuesday, February 11, 2025.

    A video shared b Citi FM on X from the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council where the exercise is being held, showed leading figures of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP), including former Minister of Education, Dr. Osei Yaw Adutwum, and former Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong being present.

    Ken Agyapong and Dr. Adutwum were captured at the entrance of the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council, which had been blocked by personnel of the Ghana Police Service.

    The two men appeared not happy about being prevented from entering the venue for the election.

    The former Assin Central legislator could be seen muttering some words as he was pointing fingers at some person behind the gate of the building that houses the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council.

    He subsequently left the entrance of the building after pointing out his displeasure.

    The former education minister, on the other hand, could be seen engaging the police officers who had blocked the entrance.

    As Ken Agyapong was leaving, Dr. Adutwum was still engaging the police officers.

    The chaos at the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council on February 11, 2025, began right after the voting had ended.

    A gang of unknown thugs broke into the polling centre and disrupted the sorting and counting of ballots.

    Witnesses said the attackers stormed the venue, knocked over tables, destroyed ballot boxes, and scattered voting papers, forcing EC officials to halt the exercise.

    Supporters who were upset with the results allegedly started the violence and demanded a review of the outcome.

    Although there was a sizeable number of police personnel at the venue, they struggled to contain the situation as tensions flared, prompting a temporary suspension of the election proceedings.

    The violent altercation left several media personnel, including GhanaWeb’s Ashanti Regional Correspondent, Gideon Nana Peprah, injured.

    Sharing his ordeal with Etsey Atisu, Peprah said that about seven well-built men stormed the venue without provocation and began assaulting electoral officers.

    “Built men from nowhere just stormed the place. They stormed the grounds where the electoral officers were doing the sorting and counting. Suddenly, they started scattering everything — the ballots, the prepared ballot papers, and the tally sheets. Then, at some point, they even started attacking themselves, which left us confused as to what was happening,” he narrated.

    According to him, while trying to leave the chaotic scene, the men approached and accused him of filming the incident on his phone and demanded that he delete the footage.

    “I was attacked by about seven or eight of them. They claimed they saw me taking videos and ordered me to delete them. Before I could react, they seized my phone and overpowered me,” he added.

    BAI/EK

    Meanwhile, you can also watch the latest Twi news on GhanaWeb TV here:

    You can also watch as John Jinapor narrates how National Security took his phone and laptop to the UK in 2017



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleCouple spend £300,000 turning ‘very smelly’ public lavatory into their dream sea front home
    Next Article ‘I was mocked by ladies for selling medicine’ – Kwaku Oteng recalls
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Former NUGS President Bags Master’s Degree in Public Affairs from the University of Ghana.

    February 20, 2026

    Outrage over plans to build border wall through famously gorgeous Texas national park

    February 20, 2026

    NPA dismisses reports of LPG shortage

    February 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment February 20, 2026

    Foreign music should inspire Ghanaian artistes, not cause concern

    Samini is a renowned Ghanaian reggae/dancehall musician Veteran dancehall musician Samini has added his voice…

    Former NUGS President Bags Master’s Degree in Public Affairs from the University of Ghana.

    Outrage over plans to build border wall through famously gorgeous Texas national park

    Four local players set for Black Stars call up ahead of Germany, Austria friendlies

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Foreign music should inspire Ghanaian artistes, not cause concern

    Former NUGS President Bags Master’s Degree in Public Affairs from the University of Ghana.

    Outrage over plans to build border wall through famously gorgeous Texas national park

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.