Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Disabled plane passenger unleashes after he was kicked off a Virgin Australia flight with his service dog following a heated argument about his wheelchair

    2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland

    Brazil’s president says Amazon oil is ‘passport to the future’ | Oil and Gas

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»US military conducts first strike on alleged narco-terror boat since capture of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro
    International

    US military conducts first strike on alleged narco-terror boat since capture of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 24, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    US military conducts first strike on alleged narco-terror boat since capture of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By STEPHEN M. LEPORE, US SENIOR REPORTER

    Published: 19:47 EST, 23 January 2026 | Updated: 20:16 EST, 23 January 2026

    The US military said Friday they had carried out its deadly strike on alleged narcoterrorists in the Caribbean since the raid that captured Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro earlier this month.

    US Southern Command said on social media that the boat was ‘engaged in narco-trafficking operations’ and that the strike killed two people and left one survivor. 

    It said it notified the Coast Guard to launch search and rescue operations for that person. 

    Previous US strikes have come under heat from Democrats over alleged ‘double tap’ strikes which have targeted survivors.  

    A video accompanying the post announcing the latest strike shows a boat moving through the water before exploding in flames. 

    The US military has focused lately on seizing sanctioned oil tankers with connections to Venezuela since the Trump administration launched an audacious raid to capture Maduro and bring him to New York to face drug trafficking charges.

    With the latest military action, there have been 36 known strikes against alleged drug smuggling boats in South American waters since early September that killed at least 117 people, according to announcements from the U.S. military and Trump. 

    The majority of those of strikes have occurred in the Caribbean Sea.

    US military conducts first strike on alleged narco-terror boat since capture of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro

    This image from video provided by U.S. South Command, shows a vessel accused of trafficking drugs in the eastern Pacific Ocean shortly before it was destroyed by the U.S. military, killing two and injuring one, on Jan. 23, 2026. (U.S. Southern Command via AP)

    The last reported boat strikes occurred in late December, when the military said it struck five alleged drug-smuggling boats over two days, killing a total of eight people while others jumped overboard. 

    Days later, the Coast Guard suspended its search.

    The US conducted a large-scale operation in Caracas, the capital of Venezuela, on January 3 that led to the capture of Maduro and his wife, who were then flown to New York to face federal drug trafficking charges.

    Maduro, before his capture, said the US military operations were a thinly veiled effort to oust him from power.

    President Donald Trump has repeatedly said that the US strikes targeting alleged smugglers are having an enormous impact on slowing drug trafficking routes in the Caribbean and eastern Pacific.

    ‘We´ve stopped – virtually stopped almost 100 percent of all drugs coming in by water,’ Trump said in remarks on Thursday at the World Economic Forum at Davos.

    Share or comment on this article:
    US military conducts first strike on alleged narco-terror boat since capture of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleZuffa Boxing- Z01: Prelim Results
    Next Article Digitalisation critical for national development – Veep
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Disabled plane passenger unleashes after he was kicked off a Virgin Australia flight with his service dog following a heated argument about his wheelchair

    August 18, 2026

    The giant bunkers being built for the super-rich 100 metres beneath Swiss mountain where elite clients are guarded round the clock

    August 18, 2026

    Baby boy born to surrogate who REFUSED abortion despite biological parents’ wishes undergoes major heart surgery as part of ‘long road to recovery’

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Disabled plane passenger unleashes after he was kicked off a Virgin Australia flight with his service dog following a heated argument about his wheelchair

    A disabled passenger has described the humiliation of being ‘kicked off’ a packed Virgin Australia flight…

    2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland

    Brazil’s president says Amazon oil is ‘passport to the future’ | Oil and Gas

    New bonus buy slots outside GamStop

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Disabled plane passenger unleashes after he was kicked off a Virgin Australia flight with his service dog following a heated argument about his wheelchair

    2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland

    Brazil’s president says Amazon oil is ‘passport to the future’ | Oil and Gas

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.