Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    England’s friendliest places where residents chat to neighbours and have a sense of pride are revealed…but beware the least friendly areas

    Tourism Society of Ghana to launch Youth in Tourism Festival 2026

    Seven decades of US regime change efforts: What have they achieved? | Conflict News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Trump’s plan to confront Iran privately bewilders oil titans as gas prices skyrocket
    International

    Trump’s plan to confront Iran privately bewilders oil titans as gas prices skyrocket

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMay 4, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Trump’s plan to confront Iran privately bewilders oil titans as gas prices skyrocket
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Donald Trump‘s plan to break the standoff with Iran over a shipping corridor that carries one-fifth of the world’s oil has left energy executives baffled, with Tehran’s attacks ongoing and traffic still at a near standstill.

    Trump has privately told his closest advisers that he is frustrated by the ‘no deal, no war’ stalemate with Iran over control of the Strait of Hormuz. 

    The President’s messaging has left shipowners and oil executives confused by the lack of concrete details, while fears of further escalation from Iran remain a key concern, according to Bloomberg. 

    ‘The President wants action. He doesn’t want to sit still. He wants pressure. He wants a deal,’ said a US official, according to a report from Axios.

    The President on Thursday night reviewed plans to send US naval warship through the strait to open by force. Trump pulled out from the plan at the last minute and opted for a more cautious approach. 

    However, on Sunday night, Trump said the US would escort oil tankers trapped in the Persian Gulf, though he provided no further details. 

    US Central Command later confirmed the Navy would help commercial ships transit the Strait of Hormuz under an operation dubbed ‘Project Freedom,’ advising them on how to avoid mines and protecting them from Iranian attacks.

    The uncertainty over control of the strait comes as two US-flagged vessels have successfully passed through waterway, the US military said on Monday. 

    Tehran, meanwhile, has continued launching drones at oil tankers and warned shipping magnates not to move through the waterway without the regime’s full approval. The closure of the strait has driven gas prices to some of their highest levels since 2022, averaging $4.40 a gallon, up 30 cents in a week.

    Trump’s plan to confront Iran privately bewilders oil titans as gas prices skyrocket

    Donald Trump’s plan to break the standoff with Iran over a shipping corridor that carries one-fifth of the world’s oil has left energy executives baffled

    Tehran, meanwhile, has continued launching drones at oil tankers and warned shipping magnates not to move through the waterway without the regime's full approval

    Tehran, meanwhile, has continued launching drones at oil tankers and warned shipping magnates not to move through the waterway without the regime’s full approval

    Tankers are seen here anchored in the Strait off the coast of Qeshm Island in Iran last month

    Tankers are seen here anchored in the Strait off the coast of Qeshm Island in Iran last month

    ‘Project Freedom’ will reportedly include a vast number of guided-missile destroyers, drones, more than 100 land and sea-based aircraft, and the infantry support of 15,000 troops, CENTCOM announced. 

    Another US official told Axios that military officers have been authorized to strike immediate threats to naval assets, including Iran’s speedboats.

    Iran has managed to effectively close off the Strait of Hormuz in recent months through a combination of small attack boats, drones, and sea mines laid in the narrow waterway.

    US forces have also established an ‘enhanced security area’ that advises oil vessels to cross the waterway through Omani waters. 

    However, vessel traffic remains at a standstill, with most ships transiting Hormuz using the Iranian traffic separation scheme rather than Trump’s “Project Freedom” corridor closer to Oman.

    These developments come as Iranian state media claims the regime fired a ‘warning shot’ at a US warship on Monday to stop it from entering the Strait of Hormuz. 

    State media had previously reported that the frigate was ‘targeted by a missile attack after ignoring a warning from the Iranian navy’ – a claim that CENTCOM promptly denied.

    Writing on X, US Central Command said: ‘No US Navy ships have been struck. US forces are supporting Project Freedom and enforcing the naval blockade on Iranian ports.’

    Iran has managed to effectively close off the Strait of Hormuz in recent months through a combination of small attack boats, drones, and sea mines laid in the narrow waterway

    Iran has managed to effectively close off the Strait of Hormuz in recent months through a combination of small attack boats, drones, and sea mines laid in the narrow waterway

    Ships and boats in the Strait of Hormuz, Musandam, Oman, May 4

    Ships and boats in the Strait of Hormuz, Musandam, Oman, May 4

    A spokesperson for Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) declared that any vessel violating the Islamic Republic’s maritime rules will be stopped by force, in a statement carried by the Fars News agency.

    Iran’s navy issued a new map of the area of the Strait of Hormuz under its control on Monday.

    The area starts in the west with a line between the westernmost tip of Iran’s Qeshm island to the United Arab Emirates’ Umm al Quwain emirate. In the east, the area stops at a line between Iran’s Mount Mobarak and the UAE’s Emirate of Fujairah.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleParliament to resume sitting on May 21
    Next Article Problem Solved: Michael McKinson Schools Afikun Gbenga In Lagos
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    England’s friendliest places where residents chat to neighbours and have a sense of pride are revealed…but beware the least friendly areas

    August 19, 2026

    Surrogate who refused to abort baby with heart defect is now being SUED by infant’s parents after they were handed custody of the youngster

    August 19, 2026

    Family who drowned off Sussex beach were a Palestinian refugee, his wife and daughter – as video shows moment lifeboat battled heavy seas in desperate search for victims

    August 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 19, 2026

    England’s friendliest places where residents chat to neighbours and have a sense of pride are revealed…but beware the least friendly areas

    By ROBERT FOLKER, NEWS REPORTER Published: 06:05 EDT, 19 August 2026 | Updated: 11:48 EDT,…

    Tourism Society of Ghana to launch Youth in Tourism Festival 2026

    Seven decades of US regime change efforts: What have they achieved? | Conflict News

    Premier League to publish verdicts on referee and VAR decisions

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    England’s friendliest places where residents chat to neighbours and have a sense of pride are revealed…but beware the least friendly areas

    Tourism Society of Ghana to launch Youth in Tourism Festival 2026

    Seven decades of US regime change efforts: What have they achieved? | Conflict News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.