Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Trump calls off planned weekend strikes on new Iran targets as he hints at shock deal to REOPEN Strait of Hormuz
    International

    Trump calls off planned weekend strikes on new Iran targets as he hints at shock deal to REOPEN Strait of Hormuz

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 2, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Trump calls off planned weekend strikes on new Iran targets as he hints at shock deal to REOPEN Strait of Hormuz
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By WILL POTTER, US SENIOR NEWS REPORTER

    Published: 22:23 EDT, 1 August 2026 | Updated: 22:52 EDT, 1 August 2026

    Donald Trump says he has called off anticipated strikes on Iran this weekend ‘subject to being able to rapidly make a DEAL’ with the Islamic regime. 

    The president said on Truth Social on Saturday evening that although he remains ‘locked and loaded’ to launch an attack, he halted the strikes in hopes of reaching a peace deal. 

    Trump’s announcement came after reports claimed he was talked down by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over concerns that further strikes could dramatically escalate the conflict in the Middle East. 

    Sources told Axios that the Crown Prince urged Trump to defuse the situation, following days of tit-for-tat threats between the White House and Tehran. 

    In Trump’s Truth Social post on Saturday night, he threatened to unleash ‘power not seen since World War II’, but said he agreed to tentatively pause the attack. 

    ‘We have just been asked by Iran, and other Middle Eastern Countries, to hold off any attack in that the perimeters of a deal has been agreed to,’ Trump wrote. 

    ‘This would include the Immediate, Complete, and Total OPENING OF THE HORMUZ STRAIT, and an end to Iran’s nuclear threat. 

    ‘Based on this request, I have agreed, for the future benefit of the WORLD and, likewise, the survival of a successful and prosperous Iran, to cancel the attack, subject to being able to rapidly make a DEAL. The Country of Israel joins me in this commitment.’ 

    Trump has been locked in meetings at Camp David in recent days, during which he vowed to hit Iran until they ‘can’t take it anymore’ and sources told several outlets that Trump had already green-lit strikes. 

    Trump calls off planned weekend strikes on new Iran targets as he hints at shock deal to REOPEN Strait of Hormuz

    Donald Trump says he has called off anticipated strikes on Iran this weekend ‘subject to being able to rapidly make a DEAL’

    Donald Trump says he has called off anticipated strikes on Iran this weekend 'subject to being able to rapidly make a DEAL'

    Donald Trump says he has called off anticipated strikes on Iran this weekend ‘subject to being able to rapidly make a DEAL’

    On Friday, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said the president has grown frustrated with negotiations with Iranian officials. 

    Leavitt said the White House believed it made a breakthrough when it signed a memorandum of understanding last month, but Tehran promptly ‘broke it, shot at commercial ships, and killed American soldiers.’ 

    ‘President Trump is not going to stand by and allow this terrorist behavior to occur,’ Leavitt said in a statement on Friday evening. 

    ‘Iran will continue to pay until they come to the table in, what President Trump deems, a meaningful way.’ 

    Amid Trump’s threats to devastate Iran’s infrastructure, Iran responded on Friday night by naming potential targets of its own. 

    Iranian state-affiliated news agencies said Iran would go after energy infrastructure tied to the US and Israeli militaries, and a senior security official told Tasnim News that the IRGC had prepared ‘extensive response plans.’ 

    Trump has repeatedly claimed that his administration has control over the Strait of Hormuz, the key waterway bordering Iran that typically sees over a fifth of global crude oil pass through it. 

    Trump has repeatedly claimed that his administration has control over the Strait of Hormuz, the key waterway bordering Iran that typically sees over a fifth of global crude oil pass through it

    Trump has repeatedly claimed that his administration has control over the Strait of Hormuz, the key waterway bordering Iran that typically sees over a fifth of global crude oil pass through it

    Share or comment on this article:
    Trump calls off planned weekend strikes on new Iran targets as he hints at shock deal to REOPEN Strait of Hormuz



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleNew Dagbon regent vows to preserve peace and uphold rotational succession
    Next Article Mets World Series hero drops F-bomb on live broadcast as team celebrates 40th anniversary of its last title
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    August 22, 2026

    Unhappy in nappy valley: The two City millionaires at war over a window one wants to build… and the other says will look directly into HIS mansion

    August 22, 2026

    Female teachers from Scots College make explosive claims about students’ ‘sexualised gestures’, deepfakes and wolf-whistles in wake of gang rape charges

    August 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 22, 2026

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Minister for Energy and Green Transition, Dr. John Abdulai Jinapor Minister for Energy and Green…

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Aston Villa open talks with ex-Bayern Munich star Leon Goretzka and Liverpool youngster books loan deal amid work permit woes: WINDOW WATCH

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.