Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Today’s front pages: Friday, August 21, 2026

    Israeli settlers set fire to Palestinian home while family asleep | Israel-Palestine conflict

    PIAC needs secure funding to protect oil revenue – Adongo

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Tragic update after seasoned diver, 36, never resurfaced from Florida waters
    International

    Tragic update after seasoned diver, 36, never resurfaced from Florida waters

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMarch 16, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Tragic update after seasoned diver, 36, never resurfaced from Florida waters
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By LAURA PARNABY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

    Published: 14:13 EDT, 16 March 2025 | Updated: 14:13 EDT, 16 March 2025

    Rescuers have stopped searching for a seasoned diver who went missing off the coast of Florida this weekend, the US Coast Guard has said. 

    Drake Sweet, 36, was out diving with a friend around 70 miles west from the coast of Naples on Thursday afternoon when he failed to resurface.

    The US Coastguard Southeast division said rescuers scoured approximately 4,275 square miles for Sweet but could not find him. 

    They announced on Saturday that the search had been called off, with the free diver presumed dead. 

    He had been on board a 21-foot boat with his friend on Thursday night when he dove into the ocean and never resurfaced. 

    His friend deployed an emergency beacon, triggering a mass search from the Fort Myers Beach and Clearwater Coast Guard stations. 

    They searched the area by air and sea, delving into the ocean at depths of around 130 feet.  

    Tragic update after seasoned diver, 36, never resurfaced from Florida waters

    Rescuers have stopped searching for seasoned free diver Drake Sweet (pictured) who went missing off the coast of Florida this weekend, the US Coast Guard has said

    Avid outdoorsman Sweet, 36, pictured above, was out diving with a friend when he failed to resurface on Thursday afternoon, around 70 miles west from the coast of Naples

    Avid outdoorsman Sweet, 36, pictured above, was out diving with a friend when he failed to resurface on Thursday afternoon, around 70 miles west from the coast of Naples

    The US Coastguard Southeast division said rescuers scoured approximately 4,275 square miles for Sweet off the west coast of Naples, Florida, but could not find him

    The US Coastguard Southeast division said rescuers scoured approximately 4,275 square miles for Sweet off the west coast of Naples, Florida, but could not find him

    Relatives also launched a fundraiser for a private sector search for Sweet. 

    ‘Drake went missing while freediving on March 13th. Some of his gear was retrieved at the scene however he has not been located,’ they wrote on the GoFundMe page. 

    ‘The outpouring of support, resources and search and rescue teams has been incredible to see.

    ‘Thank you for your love for Drake. Let’s bring him home.’

    The page has so far raised almost $100,000 to fund efforts to find the missing diver. 

    Photographs shared on missing persons posters of Sweet exhibit his love for the outdoors. 

    He is pictured holding huge fish which are at least five feet long, and enjoying boating in the sea. 

    Photographs shared on missing persons posters of Sweet exhibit his love for the outdoors. He is pictured holding huge fish which are at least five feet long, and enjoying boating in the sea

    Photographs shared on missing persons posters of Sweet exhibit his love for the outdoors. He is pictured holding huge fish which are at least five feet long, and enjoying boating in the sea

    Share or comment on this article:
    Tragic update after seasoned diver, 36, never resurfaced from Florida waters



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleWatch Thomas Partey’s trending ‘red card’ tackle in Arsenal’s win over Chelsea
    Next Article Bibiani Golds Stars misses out on top spot after defeat against Aduana Stars
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    World’s oldest person celebrates her 117th birthday: Ethel from Surrey shares the secret to a long life (having lived through six monarchs and 28 Prime Ministers)

    August 21, 2026

    Tourist, 60, plunged 120 feet after attempting to get better look at the view before being rescued by hero bystander

    August 21, 2026

    Gruesome history of site where Mark Zuckerberg and his wife have bought 200-year-old GOTHIC castle

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 21, 2026

    Today’s front pages: Friday, August 21, 2026

    Myjoyonline.com brings you the front pages of the various newspapers across the country. DISCLAIMER: The Views,…

    Israeli settlers set fire to Palestinian home while family asleep | Israel-Palestine conflict

    PIAC needs secure funding to protect oil revenue – Adongo

    Arsenal complete Ezri Konsa signing: Premier League champions land Aston Villa star in £55m move hours before beginning title defence

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Today’s front pages: Friday, August 21, 2026

    Israeli settlers set fire to Palestinian home while family asleep | Israel-Palestine conflict

    PIAC needs secure funding to protect oil revenue – Adongo

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.