Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration

    TikTok settles with US Justice Department for $400m over child privacy laws | Social Media

    MAGA revolts over Trump’s beef move to save midterm slaughter: ‘Frustrating and disappointing’

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»Survey to assess PFJ 2.0 launched
    Politics

    Survey to assess PFJ 2.0 launched

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 4, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read10 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Survey to assess PFJ 2.0 launched
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


     The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) in partner­ship with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA) has launched a national survey to assess the impact of the Phase Two of the Planting for Food and Jobs (PFJ 2.0).

    The overall objective of the exercise is to produce reliable and up-to-date benchmark information on the agricultural sector, bridge data gaps, promote evidence-based decision-making and conduct an indepth impact assessment of PFJ 2.0.

    The launch was also used to of­ficially close the two-week training programme for the field officers of the programme.

    Speaking at the launch of the programme and the official closing of the training of the field offi­cers for the programme here on Saturday, the Acting Government Statistician in charge of Economy and Data Science, Mr Asuo Afram, in remarks made on behalf of the Government Statistician, Professor Samuel K.Annim, said the survey was to generate data to inform policy making.

    “The COREPME survey will generate detailed estimates of crop, vegetable and livestock production by type and region. It will also assess fish and aquaculture produc­tivity by type and location, along with data on the consumption and sale of bush, forestry products and utility poles,” the Government Statistician stated.

    Dubbed the Ghana Core Agri­culture and Production Methods and Environment (COREPME) survey for the baseline assessment of the PFJ 2.0, the COREPME forms part of the Ghana Core Agriculture Survey (GCAS++), it was to estimate the proportion of agricultural area under production and sustainable agriculture.

    He said the programme would be carried out in all the 261 admin­istrative regions of the country.

    Prof. Annim said about 220 trained field officers will collect data from agricultural households and institutions across selected Enumeration Areas nationwide from February 3, 2025 and end on March 20, 2025.

    He said the survey would pro­duce official statistics covering the whole agricultural sector (house­hold and non-household/corporate farms), assessment of the impact of agricultural activities on the en­vironmental, social and economic sustainability of farming.

    He added that the survey would help to generate data on food production statistics, the people en­gaged in agriculture and their ages, as well as the challenges they face.

    Prof. Annim urged the field officers to comport themselves as, electronic monitoring dashboard system had been deployed to moni­tor the field officers.

    The Project Coordinator of the COREPME, Dr Bernice Serwah Ofosu Baadu, said the field officers had been taken through two weeks intensive training on the concept of the questionnaire for the survey.

    The Assistant Chief Statistician in charge of Programme Moni­toring and Evaluation, Dr Kobina Abaka Ansah, who spoke on the benefits of the COREPME, said the selected households for the survey were done because they were engaged in agriculture.

    He said the programme was not a political exercise but meant to gather agriculture data to pro­mote policy planning and decision making.

     FROM KINGSLEY ASARE, WINNEBA



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleArsenal manager Arteta highlights Partey’s impact in big win over Man City
    Next Article Brian Murphy dies aged 92: Actor who starred in beloved 1970s sitcoms Man About the House and George and Mildred passes away
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    GAF denies alleged probe of former CDS Gen. Thomas Oppong-Peprah

    August 21, 2026

    Police arrest suspect over GH¢430,000 robbery at Buipe cattle market

    August 21, 2026

    Rename Ghana Prisons Service to ‘Ghana Correctional Service’ to enhance support base – Prof. Agyare.

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 21, 2026

    Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration

    The National Youth Authority (NYA) organized an Inter-Agency Football Gala at the Accra Sports Stadium…

    TikTok settles with US Justice Department for $400m over child privacy laws | Social Media

    MAGA revolts over Trump’s beef move to save midterm slaughter: ‘Frustrating and disappointing’

    GAF denies alleged probe of former CDS Gen. Thomas Oppong-Peprah

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration

    TikTok settles with US Justice Department for $400m over child privacy laws | Social Media

    MAGA revolts over Trump’s beef move to save midterm slaughter: ‘Frustrating and disappointing’

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.