Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Sammy Gyamfi Releases Loss Figures, Defends Gold for Reserves Programme Amid Minority Criticism
    News

    Sammy Gyamfi Releases Loss Figures, Defends Gold for Reserves Programme Amid Minority Criticism

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 30, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Sammy Gyamfi Releases Loss Figures, Defends Gold for Reserves Programme Amid Minority Criticism
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    This blog is managed by the content creator and not GhanaWeb, its affiliates, or employees. Advertising on this blog requires a minimum of GH₵50 a week. Contact the blog owner with any queries.

    Attractive News Blog of Tuesday, 30 December 2025

    Source: Andre Mustapha NII okai Inusah

    Chief Executive Officer of GoldBod, Mr. Sammy Gyamfi, has released audited and unaudited figures detailing losses incurred by the Bank of Ghana under the Gold for Reserves (G4R) and Gold for Oil (G4O) programmes since their inception.

    In a detailed statement dated December 29, 2025, Mr. Gyamfi said the figures were intended to provide context following a press conference by the Minority Caucus, which alleged that losses under the G4R programme could reach $300 million in 2025.

    According to the figures released, audited losses for 2023 stood at GH¢2.15 billion, comprising GH¢1.18 billion under the G4O programme and GH¢973 million under G4R. In 2024, total audited losses rose to GH¢4.84 billion, with GH¢667.79 million attributed to G4O and GH¢4.18 billion to G4R.

    For 2025, Mr. Gyamfi stated that the G4O programme had been discontinued, while unaudited losses under G4R amounted to approximately GH¢2.3 billion, equivalent to $214 million, from January to September, based on IMF estimates. He noted that the Minority Caucus had placed the figure higher, at $300 million, or about GH¢3.3 billion.

    Mr. Gyamfi questioned the Minority’s call for a probe, arguing that cumulative losses under the programmes between 2023 and 2024 amounted to about GH¢7 billion, a period during which inflation and currency depreciation were significantly higher.

    He contrasted this with developments in 2025, noting that inflation had declined for 11 consecutive months to 6.3 percent, while the Ghana cedi had appreciated by over 35 percent against the U.S. dollar.

    Despite criticizing the Minority’s claims, Mr. Gyamfi said he welcomed calls for an investigation into the programme and assured the public of further details in January.

    “Stay tuned for more from 5th January, 2026,” he concluded.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleThe mob used Marilyn Monroe as bait to blackmail the Kennedys. I know. I was there. And when it didn’t work she was murdered… in the most obscene way
    Next Article Kuami Eugene speaks against the clash of song release dates in Ghana
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    May 19, 2026

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    May 19, 2026

    Chilling police audio of harrowing moments when cops descended on the scene of San Diego mosque shooting

    May 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 19, 2026

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    By TARYN KAUR PEDLER, FOREIGN NEWS REPORTER Published: 03:41 EDT, 19 May 2026 | Updated:…

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Departing Man City boss Pep Guardiola tells the club and fans he does NOT expect any lasting tributes on final game of the season against Aston Villa: ‘When you’re old, you can look at the memories’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.