Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»Russians feared dead after plane shot down in Sudan
    Politics

    Russians feared dead after plane shot down in Sudan

    Papa LincBy Papa LincOctober 23, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Russians feared dead after plane shot down in Sudan
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


     Russia’s embassy in Sudan has said it is investigating reports that a cargo plane with Russian crew was shot down in Darfur, a key battle ground in the civil war between the army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF).

    The aircraft, identified as a Russian-made lyushin Il-76, was on a mission to deliver equipment and medicine to the army-held city of el-Fasher, military sources told Suda­nese media.

    On Monday, the RSF said it had downed a Russian-made plane flown by the Egyptian military that it ac­cused of bombing civilians – though it was identified as an Antonov.

    Egypt denies accusations that it has been providing military sup­port to Sudan’s army during the 18-month conflict.

    The vicious struggle for power between the army and RSF began in April 2023, leading to what the UN has called one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises.

    Some estimates suggest up to 150,000 people have been killed since the war began last year, ac­cording to comments made in May by US special envoy for Sudan Tom Perriello.

    The UN estimates it has also forced more than 10 million people – about a fifth of the population – from their homes.

    The Russian embassy in the capital, Khartoum, said it was co-ordinating with the Sudanese military-led government to gather more information about the crash and those who were onboard.

    According to the Sudan Tribune news website, all members of the crew – including three Sudan nation­als and two Russians – were killed in the crash.

    It quotes military sources as say­ing it came down in the Malha area, near the border with Chad, en route to the besieged city of el-Fasher. This has not been independently verified.

    El-Fasher is the only city still under army control in the western Darfur region – and has been under attack from the RSF since April.

    The RSF says it has the plane’s black box and seized documents related to the plane and its mission.

    Viral footage from the alleged scene of the crash shows RSF soldiers with what appears to be identification documents next to the plane wreckage. —BBC



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous Article‘Kumasi Asante Kotoko is bigger than Black Stars’
    Next Article Property tycoon Brad Simpson’s chilling texts to friend two days after his wife vanished screaming from their $1.5m San Antonio mansion
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Hearts, Aduana FC share points in Accra

    May 11, 2026

    Medeama edge closer to GPL title

    May 11, 2026

    SCORES AT A GLANCE 

    May 11, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 19, 2026

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    By TARYN KAUR PEDLER, FOREIGN NEWS REPORTER Published: 03:41 EDT, 19 May 2026 | Updated:…

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Departing Man City boss Pep Guardiola tells the club and fans he does NOT expect any lasting tributes on final game of the season against Aston Villa: ‘When you’re old, you can look at the memories’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.