Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Predictor review: Find out how our experts fared in gameweek 32 with £1,000 up for grabs each week

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    “Everyone should watch out” – Augustine Sosu delighted after AshantiGold’s GPL promotion

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Ofori-Atta’s visa will expire on Feb 14; he applied for extension on medical grounds – Lawyer speaks
    News

    Ofori-Atta’s visa will expire on Feb 14; he applied for extension on medical grounds – Lawyer speaks

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 9, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Ofori-Atta’s visa will expire on Feb 14; he applied for extension on medical grounds – Lawyer speaks
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Frank Davies (R) is a lawyer of Ken Ofori-Atta Frank Davies (R) is a lawyer of Ken Ofori-Atta

    Legal counsel for embattled former Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta, Frank Davies, has given details on the detention of his client by the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

    According to a report by myjoyonline.com, Ofori-Atta’s lawyer affirmed that his client ended up in the custody of ICE because of issues relating to his visa.

    He indicated that the former finance minister’s visa was set to expire on February 14, 2025, and he has started the process to get it extended.

    He said that Ofori-Atta needs his visa extended so that he can continue seeking medical attention that took him to the US in the first place, adding that the American authorities would soon determine whether his application is justified.

    “Ken Ofori-Atta left here, and then he gave notice that he was going for a medical procedure that had been done. And if we all know what he’s suffering from, it is not easy. After that, he has to go through a period of recuperation.

    “And that is exactly what he is doing. He is in constant consultation with his medical team, and if they advise that at the stage at which they are, it is imperative for him to continue to remain in the States so that they can attend to him, what exactly is wrong with that?” the lawyer is quoted to have said.

    He added, “If you visit a country and, for some reason, are unable to leave when you are supposed to, you apply to extend your stay. What is so strange about that? Yes, he has applied for an extension, and the petition is with ICE. They will determine it, and in the fullness of time, we will all know whether the petition has merit or not.”

    Ken Ofori-Atta arrested and detained in the US

    Frank Davies refuted assertions that there was something wrong with the move to get his client’s visa extended, saying the application is a routine immigration process.

    “This is a normal practice in every jurisdiction. If someone is unable to leave a country when their visa expires due to unforeseen circumstances, they apply for an extension,” he said.

    Ofori-Atta’s American lawyers issued a public notice on his detention by ICE on January 8, 2025.

    Ofori-Atta is a suspect in multiple criminal investigations by Ghana’s Office of the Special Prosecutor, which declared him wanted and placed him on an Interpol Red Notice.

    See details of the US ICE facility where Ken Ofori-Atta is being held

    Below are the cases the OSP has declared Ofori-Atta wanted for:

    1. Contractual arrangements between Strategic Mobilisation Ghana Limited and the Ghana Revenue Authority, aimed at enhancing revenue assurance in the downstream petroleum sector, upstream petroleum production, and the minerals and metals resources value chain.

    2. Termination of a contract between the Electricity Company of Ghana Limited and Beijing Xiao Cheng Technology (BXC) for the Distribution, Loss Reduction, and Associated Network Improvement Project.

    3. Procurement of contractors, materials, and payments related to the National Cathedral project.

    4. Activities and payments associated with a contract awarded by the Ministry of Health (initially commenced by the Ministry for Special Development Initiatives) to Service Ghana Auto Group Limited for the purchase and after-sales service and maintenance of 307 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 305 CDI ambulances for the National Ambulance Service.

    5. Payments and utilisation of funds from the Tax Refund Account of the Ghana Revenue Authority.

    BAI

    You can also watch more videos from Naser Toure’s funeral below:



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleBorder Patrol shoot two people in Portland one day after ICE agent killed mom-of-three in Minneapolis
    Next Article ‘I’m ready to make some noise’ – Billy Quinncroft Returns For Cruiserweight Title Clash March 13 In Perth – Thunderdome 53
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    May 18, 2026

    Trump backs down from ‘full scale’ Iran attack scheduled for TOMORROW after plea from Gulf allies

    May 18, 2026

    Wrongly convicted Jill Dando murder suspect Barry George denies raping 14-year-old girl in west London almost 40 years ago

    May 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 18, 2026

    Predictor review: Find out how our experts fared in gameweek 32 with £1,000 up for grabs each week

    By DAILY MAIL SPORT REPORTER Published: 18:00 EDT, 18 May 2026 | Updated: 18:00 EDT,…

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    “Everyone should watch out” – Augustine Sosu delighted after AshantiGold’s GPL promotion

    Trump backs down from ‘full scale’ Iran attack scheduled for TOMORROW after plea from Gulf allies

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Predictor review: Find out how our experts fared in gameweek 32 with £1,000 up for grabs each week

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    “Everyone should watch out” – Augustine Sosu delighted after AshantiGold’s GPL promotion

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.