Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Sydney council rejects controversial bid to broadcast Muslim call to prayer from Australia’s largest mosque after huge backlash

    BDCs lobby NPA for regional fuel depots amid concerns over BOST’s role

    Hichilema wins second term as president of copper-rich Zambia | African Union

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»New York Yankees pitcher shut down in practice in another huge injury scare ahead of the new season
    Sports

    New York Yankees pitcher shut down in practice in another huge injury scare ahead of the new season

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMarch 1, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read9 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    New York Yankees pitcher shut down in practice in another huge injury scare ahead of the new season
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ERIC BLUM

    Published: 23:55 EST, 28 February 2025 | Updated: 23:55 EST, 28 February 2025

    The New York Yankees shut down starting pitcher Luis Gil during a bullpen session on Friday, with him expected to get an MRI on his right shoulder on Saturday. 

    Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Gil was experiencing tightness near his pitching shoulder during a pitching session, leading to the injury scare. 

    It could be a precaution for the Yankees about a month before Major League Baseball’s season starts. Boone and others around the organization are hoping the time off will get their young star back to full health. 

    Last season, Gil won the American League’s Rookie of the Year after amassing 171 strikeouts in 29 starts last season. 

    Gil is expected to be part of one of the best starting pitching rotations in baseball in 2025. 

    Boone has assembled Gil, Gerrit Cole, Max Fried, Carlos Rodon, and Clarke Schmidt. 

    New York Yankees pitcher shut down in practice in another huge injury scare ahead of the new season

    The New York Yankees shut down starting pitcher Luis Gil during a bullpen session on Friday

    Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Gil was experiencing tightness near his pitching shoulder

    Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Gil was experiencing tightness near his pitching shoulder

    Last year was Gil’s first full season in the big leagues after making his MLB debut in 2021 and also making appearances for the Yankees in 2022. 

    The Yankees are entering a defining year for the franchise after winning the American League pennant last season. 

    Nearly being swept by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the World Series and losing Juan Soto to the crosstown-rival Mets has tested the faith of the Bronx Bombers. 

    Should the Yankees fall below their high expectations despite the roster turnover, they would be in line with the last dozen years of the franchise looking to always be in the championship conversation. 

    Gil’s return, alongside contributions from elsewhere, leading to a return trip to the World Series would signal the team made the right decision sticking by Boone.  

    Share or comment on this article:
    New York Yankees pitcher shut down in practice in another huge injury scare ahead of the new season



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleLet’s place GH¢1 million penalty payment on insurance undercutting – Former GIA President
    Next Article Gene Hackman sheriff demolishes key death theory and reveals horrifying length of time star lay dead
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    ‘If we fail, it won’t be Sergej’s fault… I’ll stand by him’: Hull City owner ACUN ILICALI’s promise to boss Jakirovic, a recruitment ‘disaster’ he’s desperate to avoid and his masterplan for transfer window ‘that will decide Hull’s next five years’

    August 18, 2026

    New claims emerge after Sydney Swans’ players questioned over an alleged sexual assault in Melbourne: Woman claims ‘personal boundaries’ breached

    August 18, 2026

    Super Bowl champion O. J. Brigance dies at 56 after devastating health battle… as emotional tributes pour in

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Sydney council rejects controversial bid to broadcast Muslim call to prayer from Australia’s largest mosque after huge backlash

    Mosque wanted to broadcast the Muslim call to prayerCouncil shut it down over noise concerns See…

    BDCs lobby NPA for regional fuel depots amid concerns over BOST’s role

    Hichilema wins second term as president of copper-rich Zambia | African Union

    ‘If we fail, it won’t be Sergej’s fault… I’ll stand by him’: Hull City owner ACUN ILICALI’s promise to boss Jakirovic, a recruitment ‘disaster’ he’s desperate to avoid and his masterplan for transfer window ‘that will decide Hull’s next five years’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Sydney council rejects controversial bid to broadcast Muslim call to prayer from Australia’s largest mosque after huge backlash

    BDCs lobby NPA for regional fuel depots amid concerns over BOST’s role

    Hichilema wins second term as president of copper-rich Zambia | African Union

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.