Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Four men are charged with 13 counts of rape against three schoolgirls over two years

    Digital engines of growth: The role and impact of ICT on SMEs in Ghana

    How Myanmar’s war drives the Rohingya crisis | Investigation

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Mystery of man wandering around ritzy Palm Beach in luxury $600 evening gown finally solved
    International

    Mystery of man wandering around ritzy Palm Beach in luxury $600 evening gown finally solved

    Papa LincBy Papa LincApril 9, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Mystery of man wandering around ritzy Palm Beach in luxury 0 evening gown finally solved
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ANNA WRIGHT, US REPORTER

    Published: 20:06 EDT, 8 April 2026 | Updated: 21:16 EDT, 8 April 2026

    A peculiar sight of a man wearing a dazzling evening gown on the side of a Palm Beach road led to his arrest. 

    Palm Beach County police spotted a 31-year-old man walking along the ritzy Worth Avenue in a tan, beaded gown just before 5am on March 29, the Palm Beach Daily News reported. 

    Officers had seen the man several times over the previous 24 hours, noting he had been dressed in a blue denim shirt and black shorts. 

    When officers confronted him, they noted his evening gown still had price tags attached, according to the arrest report obtained by the outlet. 

    The 31-year-old was also carrying a long black garment bag. 

    Police arrested the man and charged him with larceny. He was released from the Palm Beach County Jail on a $1,000 bond, according to jail records. 

    The man later admitted he stole the designer gown, which was an Aidan Mattox piece with a staggering $575 price tag from Saks Fifth Avenue, per the report. 

    Mystery of man wandering around ritzy Palm Beach in luxury 0 evening gown finally solved

    Aristokids in Palm Beach, the 31-year-old stole the gown from a bin outside this store

    The donation bin left outside the store overnight, Prome Towne is a charitable organization that donates prom dresses to students in need

    The donation bin left outside the store overnight, Prome Towne is a charitable organization that donates prom dresses to students in need

    The dress was actually intended to be donated. 

    The dress thief had snatched it from a donation bin outside a store called Aristokids in the posh locale, the report continued. 

    A sign hung from the bin, reading: ‘Please place your gently used dresses. All dresses will be donated to Prome Towne.’ 

    Prome Towne is a charitable organization that donates prom dresses to students in need. 

    The store owners, Jodi and Rick Wently, told the Daily News they were shocked the container was still outside when they arrived for work the next morning.

    The staff usually brought it inside for the night, but they seemingly forgot and left it out front. 

    Jodi told the outlet that she immediately noticed the sparkling gown was missing, as she had been the one who donated it. 

    Jodi and Rick Wently, the store owners of Aristokids at 309 S County Road

    Jodi and Rick Wently, the store owners of Aristokids at 309 S County Road

    The 31-year-old man was walking in the dazzling gown along the south side of Worth Ave, near The Esplanade

    The 31-year-old man was walking in the dazzling gown along the south side of Worth Ave, near The Esplanade

    When Palm Beach County officers asked Jodi if she wanted the dress returned, she turned it down. 

    ‘The guy had it on,’ she told the outlet. Police later ‘disposed of’ the designer dress.

    The store owners chose not to press charges against the dress thief, and records show that the case against him remains active, the outlet reported. 

    Daily Mail reached out to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office for comment. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    Mystery of man wandering around ritzy Palm Beach in luxury $600 evening gown finally solved



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleRound 12: Mexico Vs Japan- A Historic Rivalry
    Next Article A Confession of Unexpected Delight
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Four men are charged with 13 counts of rape against three schoolgirls over two years

    August 20, 2026

    ‘I don’t imagine they’ll go to the local state school’: Harry and Meghan’s choice of school sparks intense speculation

    August 20, 2026

    Child dies and woman is injured after fire erupts at Lake Macquarie home

    August 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 20, 2026

    Four men are charged with 13 counts of rape against three schoolgirls over two years

    By TOM LAWRENCE, NEWS REPORTER Published: 07:10 EDT, 20 August 2026 | Updated: 07:10 EDT,…

    Digital engines of growth: The role and impact of ICT on SMEs in Ghana

    How Myanmar’s war drives the Rohingya crisis | Investigation

    Absa supports Buzstop Boys with clean-up equipment

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Four men are charged with 13 counts of rape against three schoolgirls over two years

    Digital engines of growth: The role and impact of ICT on SMEs in Ghana

    How Myanmar’s war drives the Rohingya crisis | Investigation

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.