Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Nancy Mace snaps back at swirling fury over her new tattooed arms as MAGA brands her ink ‘a cry for help’

    Anthropic revenue run rate tops $65 billion, source says

    Two killed as gunman opens fire at Philippines high school, official says | Gun Violence News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Mother vanishes after being charged over the death of two children in Melbourne house fire
    International

    Mother vanishes after being charged over the death of two children in Melbourne house fire

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 15, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Mother vanishes after being charged over the death of two children in Melbourne house fire
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By AAP

    Published: 21:42 EST, 14 January 2026 | Updated: 21:44 EST, 14 January 2026

    Authorities are looking for a mother charged over the death of two children in a fire, after she failed to attend court and has not reported to police in weeks.

    A magistrate issued a warrant for the arrest of Shania Lee on Thursday morning, about four months after she was released on bail.

    The 27-year-old woman has been charged with two counts of negligent manslaughter and one of negligently causing serious injury, after the September 2024 house fire.

    A fire alarm sounded minutes after Lee left her three children aged under five home alone, prosecutors told a court previously.

    Two young girls, a one-year-old and a five-year-old, were killed after fire engulfed the Sydenham property, in Melbourne‘s northwest.

    Lee’s three-year-old son survived but suffered injuries.

    She was freed on bail in September, despite prosecutors objecting as she posed a risk to the safety of the community, had contravened bail and avoided police in the past.

    On Thursday morning, Lee’s defence lawyer Nisha Patel told Melbourne Magistrates Court she had not been able to reach her client but spoke to her last week about today’s court date.

    Mother vanishes after being charged over the death of two children in Melbourne house fire

    A magistrate issued a warrant for the arrest of Shania Lee on Thursday morning, about four months after she was released on bail

    Two young girls died in the fire and a three-year-old boy survived with injuries

    Two young girls died in the fire and a three-year-old boy survived with injuries

    Prosecutors applied for a warrant for Lee’s arrest as she had not been complying with several bail conditions, including that she had not reported to police since December 22, the court was told.

    The prosecutor said there were several new charges to be filed against Lee relating to breaches of bail conditions.

    Lee had been bailed to an address in Moama, NSW, was required to report to police in Echuca three days a week and notify police if she changed address.

    Ms Patel said Lee had offered to surrender herself into police custody this week but did not receive a response back and then prosecutors filed an application to revoke her bail.

    Magistrate Kieran Gilligan said ‘given the serious nature of the charges’ he would need to issue a warrant.

    ‘If she was wanting to hand herself in, she could have handed herself into any police station,’ the magistrate said.

    After the warrant was issued, her bail was forfeited and the matter was adjourned to a date to be fixed.

    Lee’s co-accused, her former partner Matthew McAuliffe, was charged with negligent manslaughter in September last year.

    However, the case against him was discontinued in November as he died while on bail.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Mother vanishes after being charged over the death of two children in Melbourne house fire



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleCan Nigeria silence Morocco in Rabat?
    Next Article Morocco vs Nigeria (2025 AFCON)
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Nancy Mace snaps back at swirling fury over her new tattooed arms as MAGA brands her ink ‘a cry for help’

    August 18, 2026

    Jared Kushner admits Iran peace deal talks are in dire straits and warns Trump will have to be ‘very patient’

    August 18, 2026

    Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Nancy Mace snaps back at swirling fury over her new tattooed arms as MAGA brands her ink ‘a cry for help’

    Outgoing Republican Congresswoman Nancy Mace hit back at the media firestorm caused by her newly…

    Anthropic revenue run rate tops $65 billion, source says

    Two killed as gunman opens fire at Philippines high school, official says | Gun Violence News

    Super Bowl champion O. J. Brigance dies at 56 after devastating health battle… as emotional tributes pour in

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Nancy Mace snaps back at swirling fury over her new tattooed arms as MAGA brands her ink ‘a cry for help’

    Anthropic revenue run rate tops $65 billion, source says

    Two killed as gunman opens fire at Philippines high school, official says | Gun Violence News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.