Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    At least two injured in Black Friday shooting at Valley Fair Mall in Silicon Valley as shoppers run for cover

    We are focused on ending scoring problems

    GAF to conduct nationwide aptitude test for 2025/2026 recruits on November 29

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»Mion MP launches GH¢400,000 Zaabuni Educational Endowment Fund
    Politics

    Mion MP launches GH¢400,000 Zaabuni Educational Endowment Fund

    Papa LincBy Papa LincSeptember 16, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Mion MP launches GH¢400,000 Zaabuni Educational Endowment Fund
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


     The Member of Parliament for Mion Constituency in the Northern Region, Alhaji Misbawu Adam Mahama, on Sunday launched GH¢400,000 Zaabuni Educational Endowment Fund to support needy but bril­liant students in the area.

    The fund would be spread for four years to provide financial support for tertiary students studying different programmes at various universities across the country.

    At a short ceremony to launch the Zaabuni Educational En­dowment Fund here at Sang, the district capital of Mion, the MP said it designed to reduce the alarming rate of school dropouts in the constituency.

    0ne hundred students re­ceived GH¢1,000 each to settle their school fees and the initiative was first of its kind since the cre­ation of the district in 2012.

    Alhaji Mahama was optimis­tic that the fund would ease the financial burden of some of the parents who could not afford to pay the school fees of the children to further their education at the tertiary level

    He stated that the establishment of the fund would go a long way to provide more scholarship sup­port to students within Mion and its surrounding communities.

    Additionally, Alhaji Maha­ma noted that when he shown interest to contest the Mion seat, a research findings had shown him that a number of young girls and boys of school-going age were at homes due to the inability of their parents to pay their schools.

    “I made a pledge to myself that I would introduce an education fund when given the nod as MP and named it Zaabuni, which means everyone’s property.”

    “Today, I am MP for Mion Constituency and am fulfilling my promise by the establishing the Zaabuni Educational Endow­

     ment Fund to support vulnerable children to go back to school to studying hard to excel to come back to serve their noble constitu­ency,” he added.

    Moreover, he stated that when he assumed office as MP for the area about 9 months ago, he had been able to support the Dis­trict Education office to ensure smooth operations.

    Emphasising on the importance of education, Alhaji Mahama said education was as one of his top­most priority in the constituency, adding that without education he would not have had the oppor­tunity to become the MP for the area.

    He said education remained the pillar of every society today to uplift the image of individuals and communities to break away from the cycle of poverty and pave way for a brighter future.

    The Chief of Sakpe, Sakpe-Naa Alabira Ibrahim, mentioned that the establishment of the fund came at the right time to secure the future of every child, re­gardless of their socio-economic status in the constituency.

    He said the fund would bring hope to struggling families and reduces the pressure on them, and advised parents to pray for the good health of the MP to champi­on more development of the area.

    A beneficiary of the fund, Miss Musah Abidatu, thanked the MP for the support and said they would not disappoint him, but they would rather work hard to achieve their academic success.

     FROM YAHAYA NUHU NADAA, SANG

    🔗 Follow Ghanaian Times WhatsApp Channel today. https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q
    🌍 Trusted News. Real Stories. Anytime, Anywhere.
    ✅ Join our WhatsApp Channel now! https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleFULL REPORT Matsumoto Awarded WBA 105lb Belt On Technical Decision » September 16, 2025
    Next Article Drone is ‘neutralised’ over Poland’s presidential palace in latest ‘provocation’ following Russian air space intrusion and Tusk’s tough stance with Putin
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Portugal overcome Austria to win first Under-17 World Cup title

    November 28, 2025

    Italy defeats Brazil to claim U-17 World Cup bronze

    November 28, 2025

    Sobhi handed four-year doping ban

    November 28, 2025
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202452 Views

    A Plus questions the hypocrisy of NPP members who remained silent about corruption for 8 years, only to speak out after losing power.

    December 26, 202449 Views

    Miracle of ‘the 33’ that gripped the world: How dozens somehow survived 69 days of hell trapped 2,300ft down in Chilean gold mine… and the bizarre love-triangle that raged on the surface

    October 11, 202545 Views

    Urgent search continues for Paul Barning after he was attacked by shark during fishing competition

    February 23, 202542 Views
    Don't Miss
    International November 29, 2025

    At least two injured in Black Friday shooting at Valley Fair Mall in Silicon Valley as shoppers run for cover

    By SONYA GUGLIARA, US REPORTER Published: 21:16 EST, 28 November 2025 | Updated: 21:54 EST,…

    We are focused on ending scoring problems

    GAF to conduct nationwide aptitude test for 2025/2026 recruits on November 29

    Trump willing to hand Putin occupied Ukrainian provinces to seal peace deal… as former British Army commander accuses US President of ‘conveniently forgetting’ who started war

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    At least two injured in Black Friday shooting at Valley Fair Mall in Silicon Valley as shoppers run for cover

    We are focused on ending scoring problems

    GAF to conduct nationwide aptitude test for 2025/2026 recruits on November 29

    Most Popular

    Whereas Black Stars had been shedding to Sudan, Kurt Okraku was promoting gamers in Germany

    October 17, 20240 Views

    Afrobeat-Pop Fusion Artist TEENO Drops New Single “Nolow”

    October 17, 20240 Views

    The $500 billion magnificence trade’s ‘inexperienced’ ambitions are a patchwork at finest. They usually’re falling quick

    October 17, 20240 Views
    © 2025 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.