Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    MAGA revolts over Trump’s beef move to save midterm slaughter: ‘Frustrating and disappointing’

    GAF denies alleged probe of former CDS Gen. Thomas Oppong-Peprah

    NYPD given green light to take down unauthorized drones at US Open in historic security crackdown

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Masked vandal issues a chilling warning while posing with severed head stolen from a Paul Keating statue
    International

    Masked vandal issues a chilling warning while posing with severed head stolen from a Paul Keating statue

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 4, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Masked vandal issues a chilling warning while posing with severed head stolen from a Paul Keating statue
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    A masked vandal has issued a chilling message while holding the stolen, severed head from a statue of a former Australian prime minister – while kneeling on the bust of another. 

    As well as holding the decapitated statue head of Paul Keating and kneeling on Kevin Rudd, the thief, who was dressed entirely in black – held a sledgehammer in their right hand and had a foot on the Australian flag.

    A caption with the shocking photo read: ‘Victoria Police say return the heads? We say return the land to its rightful owners! The colony is falling.’

    The two former Labor prime ministers’ statues were among the 20 bronze busts that were damaged in the Ballarat Botanical Gardens in the early hours of January 23. 

    Of the other 18 statues – which are also of former prime ministers – name plates were covered in paint, with the damage bill estimated to be $140,000, the Courier reported.

    The stolen heads of Mr Keating and Mr Rudd are valued at around $50,000 each. 

    The incident was part of what has become an annual show of criminality in the lead up to Australia Day on January 26, often targeting statues of Captain Cook. 

    Police say an angle grinder was used to remove the busts of the two former leaders, and they want to talk to four people seen in a silver ute that was caught on CCTV.

    Masked vandal issues a chilling warning while posing with severed head stolen from a Paul Keating statue

    As well as holding Paul Keating’s head and kneeling on Kevin Rudd, the hoodlum (pictured) held a sledgehammer in their right hand and had a foot on the Australian flag

    Ballarat Police Acting Inspector Brad Hall said it was ‘disappointing to see that someone has got such little regard for the wellbeing of the Ballarat community’.

    ‘Knowing full well the emotions that their actions have created, to have a complete disregard for that is quite disappointing,’ he said.

    Peter Nicholson, the sculptor of several of the busts, including those of Mr Keating and Mr Rudd, was distraught by the vandalism.

    ‘It is very upsetting … especially for the people of Ballarat,’ he told ABC Radio when the crime was reported.

    ‘(Prime Ministers Avenue is) very popular. It’s got every prime minister since federation, and it’s the only one of its kind in Australia. 

    ‘It’s just a disgraceful thing that it’s been vandalised in this way.’

    He said the Paul Keating statue had been damaged before and was reinforced with steel through its neck.

    ‘I don’t know how (the criminals) did it. There have been various bits of vandalism on them, so they’re very strongly made, and very strongly secured,’ he said.

    Former Australian prime minister Malcolm Turnbull is pictured at the unveiling of his bust at the Ballarat Botanical Gardens on Friday, November 4, 2022

    Former Australian prime minister Malcolm Turnbull is pictured at the unveiling of his bust at the Ballarat Botanical Gardens on Friday, November 4, 2022

    Statues of former prime ministers in Ballarat Botanical Gardens are covered after they were damaged by vandals

    Statues of former prime ministers in Ballarat Botanical Gardens are covered after they were damaged by vandals

    ‘It’s hard to be able to get into the mindset of somebody who’s going to do something so mindless.’

    Ballarat mayor Tracey Hargreaves said the attack was ‘completely unacceptable’.

    ‘It is not only extremely costly to our ratepayers and will divert money away from critical council services, but it detracts from Ballarat as a city,’ she said.

    The police are treating the damage to the statues as a ‘political statement’ and believed the photo was legitimate.

    The exhibit has long been the site of vandalism attempts, with the busts of former Liberal prime ministers John Howard and Tony Abbott having been sprayed with red paint in 2020, the Age reported.

    ‘The gardens are a much-loved community location for everybody,’ Inspector Hall said.

    ‘It’s only a matter of time before you’re arrested and put before the courts. I’d suggest you expedite that and return the heads to where they need to be.’

    He said while it is possible there will be further attacks on the statues, at the moment  ‘there’s nothing to suggest this is going to be an ongoing thing’.

    He added police were still reviewing CCTV into the vandalism. 



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleThat was something outstanding – Coventry City boss Frank Lampard on Thomas-Asante’s goal
    Next Article Afenyo-Markin called Jerry Ahmed ‘silly’ and told him he wasn’t sticking to his vetting role
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    MAGA revolts over Trump’s beef move to save midterm slaughter: ‘Frustrating and disappointing’

    August 21, 2026

    Revealed: The full scale of illegal ‘family voting’ at the Birmingham polls – as election watchdog is urged to investigate

    August 21, 2026

    West Wing chaos as Susie Wiles ‘little pet’ protege’s dirty secret is exposed… leaving Trump insiders aghast

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 21, 2026

    MAGA revolts over Trump’s beef move to save midterm slaughter: ‘Frustrating and disappointing’

     For all the biggest political scoops and hottest gossip delivered to your inbox every Thursday,…

    GAF denies alleged probe of former CDS Gen. Thomas Oppong-Peprah

    NYPD given green light to take down unauthorized drones at US Open in historic security crackdown

    NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    MAGA revolts over Trump’s beef move to save midterm slaughter: ‘Frustrating and disappointing’

    GAF denies alleged probe of former CDS Gen. Thomas Oppong-Peprah

    NYPD given green light to take down unauthorized drones at US Open in historic security crackdown

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.