Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership

    Thieves steal Renaissance artworks in museum heist during Italian holiday | Arts and Culture News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Major update after teen shot dead at Aussie beach
    International

    Major update after teen shot dead at Aussie beach

    Papa LincBy Papa LincApril 25, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Major update after teen shot dead at Aussie beach
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By BRETT LACKEY FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

    Published: 01:31 EDT, 25 April 2025 | Updated: 01:46 EDT, 25 April 2025

    A man has handed himself in to authorities following the shooting death of a teenager at a beach in NSW this week. 

    Ekampreet Singh Sahni, 18, was shot in the torso at a carpark next to Bar Beach in Newcastle on Wednesday night, where he had been attending a car enthusiasts meetup. 

    Police said there was an altercation at the event about 11.40pm and a man got out of a white SUV and fired a gun towards Mr Sahni before they then fled. 

    The incident sparked a manhunt, and a white SUV was later found burnt out in the Newcastle suburb of Tingira Heights 15 minutes away. 

    Police cordoned off the area and spent most of Thursday scouring the beach and carpark for clues, with officers seen using metal detectors to scan the foreshore grass. 

    On Friday, a 22-year-old man walked into Newcastle police station accompanied by his lawyer and was arrested, The Newcastle Herald reported. 

    NSW police earlier described the shooting as ‘senseless’ and released a further statement on Friday.  

    ‘A man has been arrested as an investigation continues (into) the fatal shooting of a man in Newcastle earlier this week,’ a spokesperson said.

    ‘About 11.20am, a 22-year-old was arrested at Newcastle Police station, where inquiries continue.’

    Newcastle City Police District Commander, Acting Superintendent Steve Benson earlier said police would interview those involved in the brawl but were not assuming it was connected.

    ‘We don’t believe the fight was organised, and we don’t believe that this incident is related to that earlier fight at the car park,’ he said.

    ‘I will say the investigation is in its infancy, so we’re looking at all lines of inquiry,’

    More to follow. 

    Major update after teen shot dead at Aussie beach

    Ekampreet Singh Sahni, 18, was shot in the torso at a carpark next to Bar Beach in Newcastle on Wednesday night

    Share or comment on this article:
    Major update after teen shot dead at Aussie beach



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleNFL Draft viewers all say the same thing as prospect’s baby goes viral after unfortunate moment
    Next Article Ghana U15 boys to face Tanzania in CAF African Schools Championship semi-final
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    August 17, 2026

    Bethenny Frankel causes stir in quiet Hamptons town as her new cafe is ALREADY reprimanded by local marshals

    August 17, 2026

    Alleged Hollywood killer Nick Reiner makes most entitled trust fund request yet as he scrambles for cash to pay his lawyer

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    One look in Fadi Haddara’s eyes and you knew there was trouble.On Sunday night, Haddara…

    Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership

    Thieves steal Renaissance artworks in museum heist during Italian holiday | Arts and Culture News

    WNBA risks angering fans with Sophie Cunningham message as Fever star celebrates 30th birthday amid league’s trans controversy

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership

    Thieves steal Renaissance artworks in museum heist during Italian holiday | Arts and Culture News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.