Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are set to make their first royal appearance in the coming weeks – ‘without Andrew and Fergie’

    Wife of former Carlton AFL president Luke Sayers cries in court as judge is told estranged couple will be grilled over fallout from his ‘d**k pic’ scandal

    International rugby star is left heartbroken as marriage to his childhood sweetheart collapses – and wife moves in with his close friend

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Lake Cargelligo: Shooting survivor’s family break their silence as manhunt for alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram intensifies
    International

    Lake Cargelligo: Shooting survivor’s family break their silence as manhunt for alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram intensifies

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 24, 2026No Comments6 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Lake Cargelligo: Shooting survivor’s family break their silence as manhunt for alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram intensifies
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The grandmother of one of the victims caught up in the crossfire of a horrific shooting in an outback town has revealed the heartbreaking moment she found out her grandson had been shot, just metres from her house.

    Julian Ingram, 37, allegedly gunned down his ex Sophie Quinn, 25, in a black Suzuki hatchback, alongside her new boyfriend John Harris, 32 on Bokhara Street in Lake Cargelligo, 600km west of Sydney on Thursday.

    Sophie, who separated from Ingram last year and was in a relationship with Mr Harris at the time of her death, was due to give birth in March to a baby boy named Troy. 

    Ingram then allegedly drove in a local council car to the Walker Street home of Sophie’s aunt Nerida Quinn, 50, where he allegedly shot her dead and seriously injured her 19‑year‑old neighbour, Kaleb Macqueen.

    Kaleb remains in a Canberra hospital and is expected to survive.

    He lives on and off with his grandmother Sandra Little, who lives across the street from Nerida. 

    During a Daily Mail exclusive interview at her home on Saturday, Ms Little revealed that Kaleb was innocently caught in the crossfire, and had been across the road working on a vehicle with Ms Quinn’s son.

    She said Kaleb ran for his life, and was hit in the wrist by a bullet. He then rang Ms Little and said, ‘Grandma, I’ve been shot!’

    Ms Little alleged that Ingram was armed with a shotgun, and that Kaleb had described seeing blue shell casings.

    Lake Cargelligo: Shooting survivor’s family break their silence as manhunt for alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram intensifies

    Sandra Little and Riley Macqueen, relatives of shooting victim Kaleb Macqueen broke their silence to Daily Mail on Saturday

    Nerida Quinn's devastated husband was seen outside his home on Saturday

    Nerida Quinn’s devastated husband was seen outside his home on Saturday

    Ms Little was inside her home across the street at the time, with Kaleb’s 16-year-old brother Riley, who was playing video games.

    When asked if she had a message for Ingram, she grimly responded, ‘Nothing you’d be allowed to print’.

    Fears continue around the town that Ingram, allegedly armed and very dangerous, may return.

    ‘I’ve been sleeping with all my windows closed,’ Ms Little admitted. 

    Kaleb’s younger brother Riley revealed he did work experience with his brother’s alleged shooter on the local council. 

    ‘He was alright, but I think he was trying to put on an act,’ he said.

    ‘I’m just happy (my brother) is alive. He is lucky to be alive.’ 

    On Saturday, Nerida’s devastated husband also broke cover, but walked away when approached by a reporter. Neighbours confirmed he was the deceased woman’s husband. 

    Nerida Quinn, pictured left with her daughter, was killed in the shooting

    Nerida Quinn, pictured left with her daughter, was killed in the shooting

    Kaleb Macqueen, 19, remains in a Canberra hospital

    Kaleb Macqueen, 19, remains in a Canberra hospital

    Nerida's husband walked away when a reporter approached a group he was standing with

    Nerida’s husband walked away when a reporter approached a group he was standing with

    Ingram has been on the run since the alleged murders, with about 100 police officers searching for him across the region.

    On Saturday, a tactical police BearCat vehicle and AirPol helicopter were spotted scouring the region for Ingram, who police said was able to survive in the bush.

    A close friend of Ingram’s, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that along with being a pig hunter and gardener, he was also a tree-feller who ‘knows his way around the bush’.

    As temperatures in the state’s central-west soared beyond 40C on Saturday, the friend said that Ingram would be ‘fine’ if he was hiding in the bush.  

    On Saturday morning, police revealed they were widening their search for Ingram, and refused to rule out that he may be receiving help.

    ‘We attended two premises in Euabalong last night and unfortunately, were unable to locate the offender,’ NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Holland told reporters.

    ‘At this point, our area is widening, and we are looking at other locations in the broader districts from information supplied to police.’

    Police haven’t ruled out the theory that Ingram could be receiving assistance to remain on the run.

    ‘That’s one of the avenues of our investigation,’ Holland said.

    ‘As we said before, Mr Ingram has worked in the area for a long time.

    ‘He was known to a lot of people in the area, and he’s well known among the community.

    ‘It is possible he is seeking help from people he knows, and we’re making contact with known associates, trying to cut down those possibilities.

    ‘But I can’t confirm whether he has access to anyone else, but there is the possibility that people are assisting him to obviously avoid police apprehension.’

    He added that the locals have been ‘fantastic’ in their assistance with ongoing police investigations.

    ‘We’ve got multiple lines of inquiry coming through,’ Holland said.

    Police haven't ruled out that Julian Ingram could be receiving help to remain in hiding

    Police haven’t ruled out that Julian Ingram could be receiving help to remain in hiding

    Mum-to-be Sophie Quinn, 25, was allegedly murdered by Julian Ingram on Thursday

    Mum-to-be Sophie Quinn, 25, was allegedly murdered by Julian Ingram on Thursday

    Locals have laid flowers on Bokhara Street, where Sophie Quinn and her new boyfriend John Harris were shot

    Locals have laid flowers on Bokhara Street, where Sophie Quinn and her new boyfriend John Harris were shot

    He reiterated that Lake Cargelligo is not in lockdown and that locals are free to move about the town.

    ‘They just need to use extreme caution with the knowledge in the back of their minds that this offender is still on the loose,’ Holland said.

    ‘He is still armed we believe, and that there is a possibility they could come across him.’

    Ingram is described as between 165cm and 170cm tall, with a medium build, short dark hair and brown eyes.

    It comes as police released photos of the vehicle Ingram was last seen driving – a Ford Ranger ute with NSW registration DM-07-GZ, which has council signage, a metal tray back, high-visibility side markings and an emergency light bar on the roof.

    Police haven’t ruled out the possibility that Ingram may have since switched vehicles.

    Anyone who sees Ingram is urged not to approach him and to contact Triple Zero immediately.

    It comes after it was revealed that Ingram appeared at Lake Cargelligo Local Court on December 3 over allegations he stalked, intimidated and assaulted Ms Quinn and damaged her property.

    Court records, obtained by the Daily Mail, show he pleaded not guilty and was granted bail on the condition that he report to Lake Cargelligo Police Station every day and not go within 100m of her home or workplace.

    Records also show Ingram was a known domestic violence offender at the time, having pleaded guilty in 2021 to assaulting another woman in Griffith.

    Police have shared images of the Ford Ranger ute that Ingram was last seen driving

    Police have shared images of the Ford Ranger ute that Ingram was last seen driving

    Police admitted that Ingram may have since switched vehicles

    Police admitted that Ingram may have since switched vehicles

    When a reporter asked Holland during a press conference on Friday why Ingram was granted bail, he replied: ‘A risk assessment would have been done at the time.

    ‘At that time, he had not committed a violent offence in the last five years and, therefore, deemed fit.

    ‘Where we can, we obviously grant people bail. We don’t want to keep them in custody. With strict bail conditions and AVO in place, it’s deemed suitable.’



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleWeights From Las Vegas
    Next Article Concerns raised over alleged exploitation of Ghanaian peacekeepers in Lebanon
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are set to make their first royal appearance in the coming weeks – ‘without Andrew and Fergie’

    May 18, 2026

    International rugby star is left heartbroken as marriage to his childhood sweetheart collapses – and wife moves in with his close friend

    May 18, 2026

    Labor’s negative gearing overhaul leaves an opening for existing homeowners

    May 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025138 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026118 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025101 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202670 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 18, 2026

    Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are set to make their first royal appearance in the coming weeks – ‘without Andrew and Fergie’

    Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are poised to step back into the royal spotlight this summer…

    Wife of former Carlton AFL president Luke Sayers cries in court as judge is told estranged couple will be grilled over fallout from his ‘d**k pic’ scandal

    International rugby star is left heartbroken as marriage to his childhood sweetheart collapses – and wife moves in with his close friend

    FC AshantiGold 04 crown promotion season with victory over King Faisal in coronation match

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are set to make their first royal appearance in the coming weeks – ‘without Andrew and Fergie’

    Wife of former Carlton AFL president Luke Sayers cries in court as judge is told estranged couple will be grilled over fallout from his ‘d**k pic’ scandal

    International rugby star is left heartbroken as marriage to his childhood sweetheart collapses – and wife moves in with his close friend

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.