Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»Kristo Asafo Mission rejects burial rites of late leader, accuses security agencies of failing to enforce court order
    Politics

    Kristo Asafo Mission rejects burial rites of late leader, accuses security agencies of failing to enforce court order

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJuly 31, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Kristo Asafo Mission rejects burial rites of late leader, accuses security agencies of failing to enforce court order
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The leadership of Kristo Asafo Mission of Ghana has distanced itself from the ongoing burial and funeral rites for its founder, Prof. Emeritus Apostle Kwadwo Safo, saying it does not support the activities taking place at the Apostle Safo Suaye Centre at Gomoa Mpota.

    In a press release issued on Thursday, the church said all its organs, fellowships, boards and councils remained aligned with the decision of its leader, Nana Kwadwo Safo Akofena.

    The leadership said it was not involved in the burial rites and noted that the Aduana Kotoko Royal Family of Essumeja had secured an injunction restraining all burial and funeral activities. 

    According to the church, the family had also informed the police and other security agencies to stop the ongoing ceremonies.

    The church further stated that the Apostle Safo Suaye Centre and the museum where the funeral activities are being held were the lawful properties of Kristo Asafo Mission.

    It alleged that former Member of Parliament, Adwoa Safo, attempted to gain access to the museum on Thursday by requesting its keys from members of the facility’s management committee but was refused. 

    It claimed it received information about an alleged attempt to break into the facility.

    According to the leadership, efforts to protect the properties had been unsuccessful because the police had failed to provide adequate security or enforce the court injunction, despite being served with the order.

    The church said the Ministry of the Interior had suspended the activities of its internal security unit, leaving it unable to protect its properties with its own personnel.

    It expressed disappointment with what it described as the actions of the police and the National Security apparatus, saying the church had not been treated fairly.

    The leadership said Kristo Asafo Mission had always been a peaceful organisation and would not take the law into its own hands. 

    However, it expressed concern that some members were becoming increasingly impatient over the situation.

    It called on the police and other security agencies to enforce the Accra High Court injunction issued on July 29, 2026.

    The church alleged that Adwoa Safo intended to secretly bury what it described as a “decoy” body instead of the remains of the late founder. 

    It said that even if such an alleged burial took place, members would continue to demand the release of what it described as the founder’s actual body for what it called a befitting burial.

    The leadership urged members to remain calm, law-abiding and vigilant while awaiting the outcome of the matter. 

    By: Jacob Aggrey



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleIt’s The Most Fun You Can Have In The OC!
    Next Article Why is Israel arming illegal settlers? | Occupied West Bank News
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    GAF denies alleged probe of former CDS Gen. Thomas Oppong-Peprah

    August 21, 2026

    Police arrest suspect over GH¢430,000 robbery at Buipe cattle market

    August 21, 2026

    Rename Ghana Prisons Service to ‘Ghana Correctional Service’ to enhance support base – Prof. Agyare.

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 22, 2026

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Minister for Energy and Green Transition, Dr. John Abdulai Jinapor Minister for Energy and Green…

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Aston Villa open talks with ex-Bayern Munich star Leon Goretzka and Liverpool youngster books loan deal amid work permit woes: WINDOW WATCH

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.