Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Moment teens involved in fatal Irish motorway crash brag about driving wrong way down road and post videos of themselves being chased by police

    GES denies cancellation of Free SHS, warns against GH¢1,500 ‘chop box’ payment

    Palestinian-American confronts Israeli settler at his besieged home | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»Kidnapped Chinese sailors rescued, brought to Ghana
    Politics

    Kidnapped Chinese sailors rescued, brought to Ghana

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMay 8, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Kidnapped Chinese sailors rescued, brought to Ghana
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


     The Chinese sailors, who were kid­napped during a pirate attack on a registered Ghana­ian vessel named MENGXIN 1 on sea, have been rescued in Nigeria and conveyed to Ghana.

    Again, four suspects, who have been arrested by the police in connection with the case, appeared before the Tema District Court.

    Deputy Commissioner of Po­lice (DCOP) Lydia Yaako Donkor, the Director General of the Crimi­nal Investigative Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service (GPS), disclosed this at a press conference in Accra on Tuesday.

    According to DCOP Donkor, the police received a complaint from a fishing company in Tema that its fishing vessel, MENGXIN 1, was attacked by five sea pirates with three of them armed with AK47 riffle, amid firing of gun­shots in Ghana’s territorial waters.

    She explained that the sea pirates, who used outboard motors, destroyed the communication systems of the vessel, held the three crew hostage, and abducted them.

    DCOP Donkor said that the vessel had returned to the Tema fishing harbour with 21 crew.

    She stated that the Marine Po­lice Unit in collaboration with the Ghana Maritime Authority, Ghana Ports and Habour Authority, Na­tional Investigation Bureau, Ghana Navy, investigated the matter.

    According to DCOP Donkor, the police, received information that the three sailors had been found in the Delta State, Nigeria, rescued and taken to the Chinese Embassy in Lagos.

     The victims, DCOP Donkor emphasised, were received by the police together with other officials from the Ghana Immigration Ser­vice (GIS), at the Kotoka Interna­tional Airport.

    He said although there was no sign of physical harm found on the three victims, they appeared traumatised and needed medical attention.

    Moreover, DCOP Donkor disclosed that the victims recount­ed that the pirates kidnapped and blindfolded them with tarpaulin, and travelled with them by sea for about 24 hours to the Delta region of Nigeria.

    Additionally, the victims said that the kidnappers conveyed them to a river bank, and they crossed the river by foot, kept at a shift camp and guarded at gun point, and later abandoned.

    The Chinese, DCOP Donkor revealed, went to a nearby village and were assisted to make phone calls, which led to the eventual rescue by the Chinese Embassy in Lagos.

     BY CYNTHIA ASAMPANA



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleArsenal fans kick against Arteta’s sacking despite failing to win major trophy in five years
    Next Article Jaw-dropping six-words 17-year-old girl told cops after allegedly leading them on a wild high-speed chase chase
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    AI automation startup Relay shuts down, staff joins Google’s Chrome team

    August 18, 2026

    Black Princesses to camp in Poland ahead of U-20 WWC

    August 18, 2026

    Declare state of emergency in galamsey areas …Eco-conscious Citizens demand

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Moment teens involved in fatal Irish motorway crash brag about driving wrong way down road and post videos of themselves being chased by police

    Five teenagers who died after their car ploughed into a family on an Irish motorway…

    GES denies cancellation of Free SHS, warns against GH¢1,500 ‘chop box’ payment

    Palestinian-American confronts Israeli settler at his besieged home | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    AI automation startup Relay shuts down, staff joins Google’s Chrome team

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Moment teens involved in fatal Irish motorway crash brag about driving wrong way down road and post videos of themselves being chased by police

    GES denies cancellation of Free SHS, warns against GH¢1,500 ‘chop box’ payment

    Palestinian-American confronts Israeli settler at his besieged home | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.