Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Spencer Pratt ramps up security ‘to keep his family safe’ after receiving ‘credible’ death threats amid heated LA Mayor’s race

    Pep Guardiola LEAVES Man City: Legendary manager to call time on 10-year stint with the club at end of the season after FA Cup triumph at Wembley

    Five dead including mosque security guard after two teenage gunmen open fire at San Diego Islamic Center… before shooting themselves as police closed in

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Judgment is ready but I can’t deliver it – Judge to Kan-Dapaah
    News

    Judgment is ready but I can’t deliver it – Judge to Kan-Dapaah

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 8, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Judgment is ready but I can’t deliver it – Judge to Kan-Dapaah
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Albert Kan-Dapaah (R) sued Oliver Barker-Vormawor (L) for allegedly defaming him Albert Kan-Dapaah (R) sued Oliver Barker-Vormawor (L) for allegedly defaming him

    The hope of former National Security Minister, Albert Kan-Dapaah, to witness the conclusion of his GH¢10 million defamation action against Oliver Mawuse Barker-Vormawor has not materialised, as the judgment has been pushed forward.

    Late last year, the High Court, presided over by Justice Rev. Emmanuel Adu-Owusu Agyeman, fixed today, January 6, 2026, to deliver its judgment.

    The former National Security Minister is seeking GH¢10 million in damages from Barker-Vormawor for an alleged 1 million dollar bribery allegation made against him.

    The action by Kan-Dapaah comes on the back of allegations said to have been made by the Fix-The-Country convener that the then National Security Minister and some government officials had met him and offered him money to stop his activism against the government.

    In court, when Kan-Dapaah and his lawyer appeared for the judgment, the court said that although the decision is ready, it cannot be delivered because the date falls within the New Year vacation of the Judiciary, pointing to Order 79 rule four (c) of CI 47.

    Counsel for the plaintiff, Lawyer Otchere Adjekum, informed the court that the case, at the last adjournment (last year), was fixed for judgment.

    But the court, while acknowledging that this was the business of the day, said, “all of us were wrong at the (last) time.”

    The judge went on to say that “my attention has been drawn that the (New Year) vacation ends today” (Tuesday, January 6, 2026) and referenced “Order 79 rule (4) sub-rule (c) of CI 47” to buttress his point.

    To this end, therefore, the court said, “we cannot work today.”

    “The judgment of the court is ready, which is supposed to be read today (January 6), but my attention has been drawn to Order 79 rule (4) (c) of CI 47, which means that as of today (January 6), we (the Judiciary) are still on vacation.”

    The case has since been adjourned to March 2, 2026, for judgment.

    Background

    The National Security Minister (now former) had accused the former FixTheCountry Movement convener of defamation and initiated legal action against him.

    Albert Kan-Dapaah’s defamation suit was initiated over comments said to have been made by Barker-Vormawor, which the minister alleged defamed him.

    The action by Kan-Dapaah comes on the back of allegations made by the Fix-The-Country convener that the National Security Minister and some government officials had met him and offered him money to stop his activism against the government.

    The allegation was refuted by the then National Security Minister, who subsequently filed a defamation suit in court against Barker-Vormawor.

    The minister is seeking “recovery of the sum of Ten Million Ghana Cedis (GH¢10,000,000.00) as general damages, including aggravated and/or exemplary damages for defamation for the words uttered by the Defendant.”

    He is also seeking “an apology for and retraction of the words complained of supra” and “a perpetual injunction restraining the Defendant from repeating similar or other defamatory words against the Plaintiff.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleIs this Australia’s worst workplace? Employee forced to pay for the boss’s holiday – and that was only the beginning
    Next Article Undefeated Kansas Middleweight Prospect Marco “El Tiburon” Romero Finished 2025 With 7th Triumphs, All By knockout, & 11-0 Record
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Spencer Pratt ramps up security ‘to keep his family safe’ after receiving ‘credible’ death threats amid heated LA Mayor’s race

    May 18, 2026

    Five dead including mosque security guard after two teenage gunmen open fire at San Diego Islamic Center… before shooting themselves as police closed in

    May 18, 2026

    Terrified children seen fleeing San Diego Islamic Center after active shooter opened fire: Live updates

    May 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 18, 2026

    Spencer Pratt ramps up security ‘to keep his family safe’ after receiving ‘credible’ death threats amid heated LA Mayor’s race

    Spencer Pratt has increased his security team after receiving death threats related to his L.A. mayoral…

    Pep Guardiola LEAVES Man City: Legendary manager to call time on 10-year stint with the club at end of the season after FA Cup triumph at Wembley

    Five dead including mosque security guard after two teenage gunmen open fire at San Diego Islamic Center… before shooting themselves as police closed in

    Predictor review: Find out how our experts fared in gameweek 32 with £1,000 up for grabs each week

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Spencer Pratt ramps up security ‘to keep his family safe’ after receiving ‘credible’ death threats amid heated LA Mayor’s race

    Pep Guardiola LEAVES Man City: Legendary manager to call time on 10-year stint with the club at end of the season after FA Cup triumph at Wembley

    Five dead including mosque security guard after two teenage gunmen open fire at San Diego Islamic Center… before shooting themselves as police closed in

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.