Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Africa News»India’s Modi says he forgives students who abused him in Cockroach protests | Narendra Modi News
    Africa News

    India’s Modi says he forgives students who abused him in Cockroach protests | Narendra Modi News

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 1, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    India’s Modi says he forgives students who abused him in Cockroach protests | Narendra Modi News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    PM says ‘misled children’ need to be shown ‘the right path’ as his supporters dox and abuse protesters on social media.

    Published On 1 Aug 20261 Aug 2026

    New Delhi, India – Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said he forgives students who hurled expletives at him during protests last month, describing them as “misled children” who must be shown “the right path” rather than be prosecuted and punished.

    The biggest political crisis of Modi’s third term was caused by growing support for the youth-led Cockroach protest movement, which emerged in May after a crucial exam was voided after the questions were leaked, forcing more than two million students to resit the exam the following month.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 4 itemsend of list

    The Cockroach Janta Party – as the protesters called themselves after the chief justice of the Supreme Court described unemployed youths and activists as “cockroaches” – was initially a social media campaign calling for educational reform via viral memes. But it morphed into a mass movement mobilising tens of thousands of supporters in capital New Delhi and inspired similar protests in cities across India.

    The protests eventually ended after the Modi government agreed to all the protesters’ demands, including the resignation of the education minister, and pledged not to pursue criminal cases against any demonstrators.

    But despite Modi’s assurances, the authorities in states ruled by Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party filed cases against hundreds of protesters after some clashed with security forces and shouted abusive slogans about the prime minister.

    Supporters of Modi’s far-right Hindu nationalist politics have doxed female protesters, including teenagers, on social media, hurling rape and death threats at them, and demanding the local authorities take criminal action against them.

    “These are misled children. Showing them the right path is our duty. Punishing them, making them run around courts, or tormenting them in society will not change the situation,” Modi said in a video posted on social media late on Friday, adding that “disgusting expletives” were targeted at him and his late mother at the protest.

    “It is a cultural shock to us that how can our daughters use this language,” he said, before adding: “I want to forgive them.”

    A supporter of the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) poses next to a message on a street after clashing with police during a protest demanding the resignation of India’s Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan over NEET exam irregularities in New Delhi, on July 20, 2026
    A supporter of the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) poses next to a message on a street after clashing with police during a protest demanding the resignation of India’s Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan over NEET exam irregularities in New Delhi, on July 20, 2026 [Sajjad Hussain/AFP]

    Tensions erupted between protesters and government forces in several parts of the country during the demonstrations last month, including in New Delhi, where people attempting to march on parliament were met with tear gas, pellet shotguns and baton charges.

    “Modi is mute on the brutality unleashed on students in the capital and comes on Instagram to victimise himself,” Radhika Kumar, a 21-year-old student at Delhi University, told Al Jazeera. “This government’s supporters have abused women online for all these years, intimidated them into silence. Now, our prime minister is moral policing us.”

    The movement said on Monday that “hundreds” of students had been arrested in various states, in violation of the government’s commitment to dropping police cases filed against protesters.

    The opposition has been pressing the government to sack Home Minister Amit Shah, Modi’s close confidante who controls law and order in Delhi, for the crackdown on students.

    The protests ⁠also prompted the Modi government to introduce a bill in parliament to amend the legislation governing public examinations, proposing longer prison terms and higher fines for those involved in exam paper leaks.

    In the southern Indian city of Hyderabad, police also registered a case against the head of Meta India, Arun Srinivas, over multiple videos posted on the company’s Facebook platform that depicted Modi in an “abusive manner,” a senior police officer said on Friday.

    “We are in touch with the concerned agencies and are cooperating with them to resolve the matter,” a spokesperson for Meta said.

    Since February, platforms must remove unlawful content flagged by courts or the government within three hours, down from 36.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleTottenham star suffers pre-season nightmare as he is sent off just THREE minutes after being subbed on in calamitous outing against Chelsea
    Next Article Courts must go beyond acquittals and demand accountability – Transparency International
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    August 22, 2026

    Lionel Messi fined for striking opponent in Inter Miami MLS game | Football News

    August 22, 2026

    ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam | Floods News

    August 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 22, 2026

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Minister for Energy and Green Transition, Dr. John Abdulai Jinapor Minister for Energy and Green…

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Aston Villa open talks with ex-Bayern Munich star Leon Goretzka and Liverpool youngster books loan deal amid work permit woes: WINDOW WATCH

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.