Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers

    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her

    What the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her
    News

    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina, who is facing deportation from South Africa, has reiterated that she was born in the country and believes she has been “treated unfairly and targeted”.

    South African officials want her detained as they pursue her deportation after she was declared a prohibited person in 2024.

    Adetshina, 25, whose mother has Mozambican roots and her father is Nigerian, was stripped of her identity documents after questions around her citizenship were raised when she took part in the 2024 Miss South Africa contest. She then left the country.

    She was arrested in June this year – and later released on warning – after being accused of re-entering South Africa unlawfully.

    On Wednesday, the government’s legal case seeking her detention was postponed until next year.

    Speaking after a hearing in Cape Town, Adetshina said “there has been an attempt” by the South African authorities to make an example of her with this case.

    “I remind everyone that I was born in South Africa. I have applied through the proper legal channels to have my status and citizenship determined,” she said.

    The pageant contestant added that “we should not allow xenophobia and misinformation to determine how people are going to be treated”, seemingly a shot to protesters who had gathered outside the court calling for her deportation.

    The protest was led by the anti-migrant group March and March, which has been at the forefront of calls for undocumented migrants to leave South Africa, and many chased after her car as she left the courthouse.

    Adetshina, a law student at the time, left South Africa in 2024 and went on to win Miss Universe Nigeria after she was invited to participate by the organisers.

    In court, South Africa’s Home Affairs Department argued that she had applied for a South African visa while in Nigeria and held Nigerian passports for herself and her son, implying that she was not a South African citizen, according to reports on the News24 site.

    Officials then said she returned to South Africa illegally via a Mozambican border post.

    Adetshina has previously argued that her home was in South Africa.

    Her case was postponed to February 2027 to allow for the finalisation of her review challenging home affairs’ decision to deport her. She remains a free woman until this has been completed.

    Adetshina was stripped of her South African identity and travel documents in 2024 following allegations that her mother, Anabela Rungo, had committed identity fraud to gain South African nationality.

    Being born in South Africa does not automatically grant citizenship to that person. One of the parents has to either be a citizen themselves or a permanent resident in order for that to happen.

    Rungo had her South African citizenship revoked in 2025.

    The investigation into Adetshina’s status came after she became a finalist in the Miss South Africa pageant. She faced criticism as people questioned her eligibility to compete given her mother’s ties to Mozambique and her father being a Nigerian citizen. She later withdrew from the pageant when these issues came to light.

    In interviews Adetshina said she was born in Soweto – the South African township next to Johannesburg – and grew up in Cape Town.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.



    Source link
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleWhat the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News
    Next Article Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers

    August 19, 2026

    What the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News

    August 19, 2026

    Nashville hospital leaves patient PARALYZED after drug mix-up saw doctors swap anesthetic for ‘deadly substance’

    August 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 19, 2026

    Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers

    Isaac Heeney has been revealed as the focus of the police probe into an alleged…

    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her

    What the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News

    FIFA lifts registration restrictions on Hearts of Oak after hiddink settlement

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney focus of alleged sexual assault probe – as drug claims emerge about team’s night at hotel with dancers

    ‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her

    What the social media addiction lawsuit could cost Meta | Social Media News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.