Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Mission International School donates to Ghana Weightlifting team

    Woman passes out after couple are lashed 100 times for having sex outside marriage under Indonesian province’s Sharia law

    NAC Breda part ways with Matthew Amoah following relegation

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Hegseth unleashes at ‘nasty’ female reporter questioning the effectiveness of ceasefire as Iran STILL firing missiles
    International

    Hegseth unleashes at ‘nasty’ female reporter questioning the effectiveness of ceasefire as Iran STILL firing missiles

    Papa LincBy Papa LincApril 8, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Hegseth unleashes at ‘nasty’ female reporter questioning the effectiveness of ceasefire as Iran STILL firing missiles
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By JON MICHAEL RAASCH, US POLITICAL REPORTER

    Published: 09:58 EDT, 8 April 2026 | Updated: 10:04 EDT, 8 April 2026

    Secretary of War Pete Hegseth snapped at a reporter during a Wednesday morning press conference after being pressed on Donald Trump‘s ceasefire deal with Iran.

    Just over 12 hours after Trump announced a two-week ceasefire conditional on Iran reopening the Strait of Hormuz, Hegseth took the podium in the Pentagon‘s briefing room.

    He touted the President’s deal, declared the US had won the war ‘with a capital V’ and boasted of the number of Iranian leaders killed by American and Israeli forces.

    ‘They’re still firing ballistic missiles,’ a reporter blurted out as Hegseth fielded a question from another journalist – furious at being passed over. Which outlet she represents is unclear.

    Her outburst came after Iran launched waves of missiles and drones at countries across the region following the ceasefire announcement, targeting Israel, Kuwait and the UAE.

    The Secretary of War wheeled round and delivered a Trumpian rebuttal: ‘Excuse me. Why are you so rude? Just wait, I am calling on people.’

    Taking the next question, he craned his neck, glanced back at the reporter and muttered ‘nasty’ – just loud enough for his microphone to catch it.

    Moments earlier, Hegseth had said it takes time for ceasefire orders to filter down through the Iranian military’s ranks, and that the Pentagon had been monitoring the Islamic Republic’s missile fire.

    Hegseth unleashes at ‘nasty’ female reporter questioning the effectiveness of ceasefire as Iran STILL firing missiles

    Secretary of War Pete Hegseth snapped at a reporter, calling her ‘nasty,’ after she interrupted the Pentagon boss as he fielded a question from another member of the press 

    U.S. Navy fighter jets take off from USS Abraham Lincoln during Operation Epic Fury. US forces have halted strikes as negotiations are ongoing

    U.S. Navy fighter jets take off from USS Abraham Lincoln during Operation Epic Fury. US forces have halted strikes as negotiations are ongoing

    A smoldering building in Lebanon after Israeli strikes on Wednesday

    A smoldering building in Lebanon after Israeli strikes on Wednesday

    ‘As far as shooting, we were monitoring it last night in real time,’ Hegseth said. ‘Iran would be wise to find a way to get the carrier pigeon to their troops in remote locations – to know not to shoot, not to fire one-way attacks or missiles. Ceasefires take time to take hold sometimes.’

    ‘We’re watching it. We’re prepared if necessary, but we hope and believe that it will hold,’ he continued.

    Trump had announced the deal just hours before his 8pm ET deadline for Iran to strike terms or face ‘annihilation.’ Posting on Truth Social – after threatening to wipe out Iran’s ‘entire civilization’ if it did not reopen the Strait – he declared: ‘I agree to suspend the bombing and attack of Iran for a period of two weeks.’

    Iran’s 10-point peace plan calls for an end to hostilities, Iranian control of the Strait of Hormuz, the right to continue enriching uranium, US withdrawal from the region and the lifting of sanctions, among other demands.

    The ceasefire was approved by Iran’s new Supreme Leader, Mojtaba Khamenei, according to the New York Times.

    ‘If Iran refused our terms, the next targets would have been their power plants, their bridges and oil and energy infrastructure – we were locked and loaded,’ Hegseth said. ‘They couldn’t defend against it. President Trump chose mercy because Iran accepted the ceasefire under overwhelming pressure.’

    Share or comment on this article:
    Hegseth unleashes at ‘nasty’ female reporter questioning the effectiveness of ceasefire as Iran STILL firing missiles





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleSIC Insurance PLC rewards agents for dedicated service
    Next Article Elevating Your Selfie Game with a Clever Magnetic Display
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Woman passes out after couple are lashed 100 times for having sex outside marriage under Indonesian province’s Sharia law

    May 21, 2026

    Lib Dem councillor calls for volunteers to fill potholes and admits ‘we don’t have enough money to do the job’

    May 21, 2026

    Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews ‘boasted he was an arms dealer who worked with dangerous people’ in the weeks before his disappearance as insiders suggest ‘it’s as if he’s been writing a storyline’

    May 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 21, 2026

    Mission International School donates to Ghana Weightlifting team

    Mission International School has donated professional sports tapes worth an estimated US$5,000 to the Ghana…

    Woman passes out after couple are lashed 100 times for having sex outside marriage under Indonesian province’s Sharia law

    NAC Breda part ways with Matthew Amoah following relegation

    Lib Dem councillor calls for volunteers to fill potholes and admits ‘we don’t have enough money to do the job’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Mission International School donates to Ghana Weightlifting team

    Woman passes out after couple are lashed 100 times for having sex outside marriage under Indonesian province’s Sharia law

    NAC Breda part ways with Matthew Amoah following relegation

    Most Popular

    Breakthrough in search for missing San Francisco man who vanished in 2017

    November 19, 20240 Views

    Tsikata praised Mahama’s govt because he enjoyed contracts under that regime

    November 20, 20240 Views

    Despite, Cheddar and other personalities who were spotted at funeral of the late Akyempimhene

    November 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.