Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Pictured: Three sisters left with catastrophic injuries after crash on Irish motorway that killed five teenage boys ‘who boasted about joyriding days before smash’

    Vieira named new Senegal head coach

    Minnesota official sues Texas governor to force ICE agent’s extradition | Migration News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»GH¢ 0.5 billion recovered in the ongoing UniBank case – Attorney General
    Politics

    GH¢ 0.5 billion recovered in the ongoing UniBank case – Attorney General

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJuly 28, 2025No Comments1 Min Read7 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    GH¢ 0.5 billion recovered in the ongoing UniBank case – Attorney General
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Dr. Dominic Akuritinga Ayine, has revealed that GH¢ 0.5 billion has so far been recovered in the UniBank criminal case.

    He said the money forms part of GH¢ 1.2 billion being pursued from individuals who directly benefited from funds unlawfully taken from the bank.

    Dr. Ayine disclosed that the accused persons have provided landed properties worth GH¢ 824 million to UniBank as part of efforts to recover the full amount.

    He explained that the accused persons will take responsibility for any shortfall if the sale of the properties does not raise enough money.

    “The recovery of the remaining GH¢ 0.7 billion and the sale of the properties are expected to be completed within 18 months,” he said.

    According to the Attorney General, although it would have been ideal for the accused to pay the full amount in cash, that was not a realistic option during the negotiations.

    The UniBank case is part of the government’s efforts to hold people accountable for the collapse of some banks during the banking sector clean-up.

    By Jacob Aggrey



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleSuper Falcons soar to secure historic 10th WAFCON title
    Next Article ‘She’s very respected, as respected as him’: Donald Trump heaps praise on awkward looking Lady Starmer as he greets PM in Scotland
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    GNFS rescues one in Suhum road crash

    August 18, 2026

    Ghana’s Ambassador to the Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses

    August 18, 2026

    AirPods ban: Police debunk fake flyer

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Pictured: Three sisters left with catastrophic injuries after crash on Irish motorway that killed five teenage boys ‘who boasted about joyriding days before smash’

    The three sisters left with catastrophic injuries after a crash on an Irish motorway that…

    Vieira named new Senegal head coach

    Minnesota official sues Texas governor to force ICE agent’s extradition | Migration News

    Sydney Swans players to learn fate today after club board held crisis meeting as alleged sexual assault investigation continues

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Pictured: Three sisters left with catastrophic injuries after crash on Irish motorway that killed five teenage boys ‘who boasted about joyriding days before smash’

    Vieira named new Senegal head coach

    Minnesota official sues Texas governor to force ICE agent’s extradition | Migration News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.