Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Tupac’s stepbrother makes heartbreaking plea as rapper’s murder trial begins with opening statements today: Live updates

    Berekuso chief appeals to Mahama over deplorable Katesi-Berekuso-Dome-Kwabenya road

    Democrats rebuke Trump over scaling back military drills with South Korea | Donald Trump News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Frightening moment beachgoers scream as ‘mini-tsunami’ hits south of Spain leaving eight injured
    International

    Frightening moment beachgoers scream as ‘mini-tsunami’ hits south of Spain leaving eight injured

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJuly 4, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read10 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Frightening moment beachgoers scream as ‘mini-tsunami’ hits south of Spain leaving eight injured
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By NATALIA PENZA and ALEX MASON

    Published: 05:17 EDT, 4 July 2025 | Updated: 06:31 EDT, 4 July 2025

    This is the dramatic moment beachgoers can be heard screaming as a ‘mini-tsunami’ crashes into the coastline in southern Spain.

    At least eight people, including children, were left injured after the powerful wave slammed into the beach in Mazagon, Huelva on Wednesday.

    Footage of the incident, which occurred around 4pm on Wednesday, shows a dark-coloured mass of water speeding towards the beach before hitting a large rock in the water and rebounding back onto the sand.

    A woman sunbathing on the beach can be heard yelling: ‘The rock, the rock’ as the wave comes towards her.

    One woman, identified only as 28-year-old Rocio, had to be hospitalised. 

    Speaking to Spanish media from her hospital bed, she told reporters she had a broken foot and was waiting to be operated on, as she showed off her foot.  

    ‘I was coming out of the water with a paddle board when the wave hit me from the left and knocked me to the ground’, she told of her ordeal.

    ‘I couldn’t see anything and got trapped under the board. I only found out what had happened and that a ship was to blame when I got to hospital.’

    Frightening moment beachgoers scream as ‘mini-tsunami’ hits south of Spain leaving eight injured

    At least eight people, including children, were left injured after a powerful wave slammed into a Spanish beach on Wednesday

    Footage of the incident shows a dark-coloured mass of water speeding towards the beach before hitting a large rock. A beachgoer is seen in this video grab running away from the massive wave

    Footage of the incident shows a dark-coloured mass of water speeding towards the beach before hitting a large rock. A beachgoer is seen in this video grab running away from the massive wave

    It is believed the wave was caused by the manoeuvres of a 60,000 ton cargo ship

    It is believed the wave was caused by the manoeuvres of a 60,000 ton cargo ship

    ‘I’ve got to have an operation on my foot and I’ve got a long period of rehabilitation ahead of me.

    ‘It’s the last thing I wanted at the start of the summer.’

    The people injured are thought to have been smashed against rocks to the left of where she had been sitting.

    One witness said afterwards on social media: ‘It passed very close to the shore and caused a strong wave that swept several people away.

    ‘People were literally thrown to the ground.’

    The drama has been blamed on manoeuvres by a 60,000 ton cargo ship. 

    An investigation into the incident was ongoing today, with local authorities trying to ascertain whether the cargo ship had breached rules on how far out to sea it had to be and what speed it must stick to.

    The local harbour master’s office said overnight a new speed limit in the area for this type of vessel had been set at 11.5 knots to avoid a repeat of the situation.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Frightening moment beachgoers scream as ‘mini-tsunami’ hits south of Spain leaving eight injured



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleNico Williams snubs Barcelona to sign stunning 10-year Bilbao deal
    Next Article HUMANS VS. THE VOLCANO BIRDS by Tehilla Ogochukwu-Nweke
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Tupac’s stepbrother makes heartbreaking plea as rapper’s murder trial begins with opening statements today: Live updates

    August 17, 2026

    Eugenie’s tribute to late Queen: Princess reveals new baby daughter is named Adelaide Elizabeth Annina Brooksbank, two weeks after she gave birth in Portugal

    August 17, 2026

    Website offers advice on securing PIP handouts for just £50 as number of people claiming the disability benefit passes four million

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    Tupac’s stepbrother makes heartbreaking plea as rapper’s murder trial begins with opening statements today: Live updates

    By KATRINA SCHOLLENBERGER, US HEAD OF LIVE NEWS Updated: 13:07 EDT, 17 August 2026 Tupac’s…

    Berekuso chief appeals to Mahama over deplorable Katesi-Berekuso-Dome-Kwabenya road

    Democrats rebuke Trump over scaling back military drills with South Korea | Donald Trump News

    Duncan Williams recounts how Ghana lost huge volumes of gold through black market

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Tupac’s stepbrother makes heartbreaking plea as rapper’s murder trial begins with opening statements today: Live updates

    Berekuso chief appeals to Mahama over deplorable Katesi-Berekuso-Dome-Kwabenya road

    Democrats rebuke Trump over scaling back military drills with South Korea | Donald Trump News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.