Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama

    Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA

    Civilians paying price as Israeli military raises stakes in Lebanon: UNIFIL | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama
    International

    Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 18, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    A group of Sydney Swans players could face club sanctions for staying out drinking into the early hours of Monday morning, separate to a police investigation into an alleged sexual assault. 

    The Swans and the AFL also face questions over whether any of the players caught up in the investigation should be stood down while police inquiries continue.

    New details have emerged about the hours leading up to the alleged incident, with players reportedly returning to the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne in several groups between about 2.15am and 3.40am, the Herald Sun reported.

    Some players were reportedly seen yelling on the street.  

    The late-night drinking could itself become an internal disciplinary matter for the club, regardless of the outcome of the police investigation over the alleged sexual assault.

    The team were in Melbourne following its 36-point victory over Essendon at the MCG on Sunday, with the Pullman locate 200m from the stadium.

    James Jordon was reportedly among players who arrived back at about 2.15am, while Isaac Heeney returned with another group about 15 minutes later.

    The women at the centre of the allegations are reported to have arrived after 4am.

    Several hours later, at about 7am, two women were seen in a shared area of the hotel approaching staff and demanding access to guest rooms, according to witnesses.

    Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama

    Coach Dean Cox was also reportedly out drinking with staff and returned to the hotel sometime after midnight

    Swans captain Callum Mills arrived at the club's headquarters on Tuesday morning and remained tight-lipped

    Swans captain Callum Mills arrived at the club’s headquarters on Tuesday morning and remained tight-lipped

    One woman told hotel staff she had been ‘touched’ and felt overwhelmed while surrounded by several men in the room, according to what was overheard.

    A witness said one of the women appeared ‘hysterical’ and ‘upset’ and later ran into the hotel toilets crying before police were called.

    ‘We have everything recorded of what those AFL players did to our friend in that room,’ one of the women was reported telling hotel staff.

    Victoria Police subsequently attended the hotel and confirmed officers were investigating a report of sexual assault.

    Heeney, Chad Warner, Jordon and Riley Bice have been reported as having been questioned by police over the allegations. The manager of a fifth player has denied that his client was spoken to by authorities.

    The five players were reportedly driving back from Melbourne to Sydney on Monday night to avoid media at the airport. 

    Daily Mail does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or involved in any wrongdoing, just that they spoke to police about the alleged incident.

    Swans coach Dean Cox was also reportedly out drinking with staff and returned to the hotel sometime after midnight.

    Warner is dating Alice Hughes, who has no involvement whatsoever in the alleged incident (Picture: Instagram)

    Warner is dating Alice Hughes, who has no involvement whatsoever in the alleged incident (Picture: Instagram) 

    Isaac Heeney, pictured with fiancée Steffanie Waters, who is not connected to the alleged incident in Melbourne

    Isaac Heeney, pictured with fiancée Steffanie Waters, who is not connected to the alleged incident in Melbourne

    He was grilled by television reporters as he arrived at Swans headquarters in Moore Park for club crisis talks shortly after 7am on Tuesday.

    ‘Obviously extremely disappointed with what’s happened,’ Cox said.

    ‘(I) understand the questions and we’ll update as we gather more information.’

    Swans captain Mills was tight-lipped when he arrived at the club’s headquarters. 

    ‘I can’t comment on it. We don’t know the facts. It’s as simple as that,’ Mills told reporters.

    ‘Sorry guys, thank you very much.’

    As of Tuesday morning, no players had been charged in regards to the investigation, which is ongoing.

    Heeney is engaged to long-time partner Steffanie Waters, while Chad Warner is in a relationship with Alice Hughes. Neither have spoken out about the alleged incident.  

    ‘Police spoke to a number of people at the hotel, however no one has been arrested or formally interviewed at this time,’ police said. 

    Unlike the NRL, the AFL does not have a strict no-fault stand-down policy on players charged with serious offences such as sexual assault.If Sydney do choose to stand down players, it will likely become clear well before team selection later this week.

    The Swans play North Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday.

    Sydney are required to name their extended squad on Thursday evening, then cut that back to 23 players plus three emergencies on Friday.

    Victorian Premier Ben Carroll has also spoken on the incident, sharing his support for the alleged victims.

    ‘It is so important that every girl, woman, not only feels safe but is safe and knows that they are protected and that they can be safe going about their everyday lives,’ he said on Tuesday.

    ‘This is horrible what has been reported. It is under police investigation.

    ‘But every young woman, young girl, every female deserves to be treated with respect and to be given the safety that they deserve.

    ‘At the state government, we have a lot of victim support services, and they will be available for any victim, including this person.’



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleCall off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    August 18, 2026

    ‘Fox head’ that was bought for £50 at a market sells for £60,000… because it’s actually an extinct tiger

    August 17, 2026

    Royal artist’s anger over exhibition of ‘sexually explicit artwork’ in gallery used by children

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama

    A group of Sydney Swans players could face club sanctions for staying out drinking into…

    Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA

    Civilians paying price as Israeli military raises stakes in Lebanon: UNIFIL | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    Mom and daughter threatened with ejection at Indiana Fever game for wearing ‘offensive’ pro-women T-shirts in support of Sophie Cunningham

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Fresh details of Sydney Swans stars’ alleged night out in Melbourne emerge amid hotel sexual assault investigation – as club faces second suspension drama

    Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA

    Civilians paying price as Israeli military raises stakes in Lebanon: UNIFIL | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.