Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Africa News»FIFA World Cup plan fallout: AFC reacts as Infantino scraps investment push | World Cup News
    Africa News

    FIFA World Cup plan fallout: AFC reacts as Infantino scraps investment push | World Cup News

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 1, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    FIFA World Cup plan fallout: AFC reacts as Infantino scraps investment push | World Cup News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Asian Football Confederation says FIFA future must be ‘shaped through proper consultation’ after World Cup plan fallout.

    Published On 1 Aug 20261 Aug 2026

    Asian Football ‌Confederation (AFC) President Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa has ⁠welcomed FIFA’s ⁠decision to walk back plans to sell a stake in the World Cup and stressed the need ⁠to discuss all such moves with transparency in the future.

    FIFA’s plan was to raise up to $4.2bn by ⁠selling about a 20 percent stake to private investors in a new unit that would run FIFA events, including the World Cup.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 4 itemsend of list

    The proposal, first announced on Tuesday, had faced a storm of ‌opposition from regional confederations, including the AFC, which said they were blindsided by the announcement.

    Following the backlash, FIFA President Gianni Infantino said world football’s governing body had scrapped the plans after listening “carefully to all the views”.

    In a letter posted on the AFC’s website on Saturday, Sheikh Salman ⁠said he expects “any initiative that has the ⁠potential to impact global football will be presented and discussed with the Confederations, the FIFA Council, Member Associations and other stakeholders in a timely, ⁠transparent and meaningful manner”.

    “The future of global football must always be shaped through proper ⁠consultation, collective dialogue and respect for ⁠the established governance structures of our game,” he said.

    On Thursday, Sheikh Salman, in a letter to member associations, had said the way the FIFA proposal had been made was “totally unacceptable“.

    The Kuala Lumpur-based AFC is one of FIFA’s six confederations and is responsible for running ‌regional ‌club and national team competitions across continental Asia, the Middle East and Australia.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleSpain’s ‘down to earth’ World Cup hero Marc Cucurella praised for wholesome interaction with postman as he lets him wear his winner’s medal
    Next Article Livestream: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court rulings, Sedinam Tamakloe’s legal twist, and OSP powers
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    August 22, 2026

    Lionel Messi fined for striking opponent in Inter Miami MLS game | Football News

    August 22, 2026

    ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam | Floods News

    August 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 22, 2026

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Minister for Energy and Green Transition, Dr. John Abdulai Jinapor Minister for Energy and Green…

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Aston Villa open talks with ex-Bayern Munich star Leon Goretzka and Liverpool youngster books loan deal amid work permit woes: WINDOW WATCH

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists

    Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test | Cricket News

    ANDREW LOWNIE: The question is no longer how the monarchy deals with its bad apples, but whether it can survive so many of them

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.