Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Couple suing wealthy businessman after he crashed his McLaren supercar into their home for ‘cheap thrills’
    International

    Couple suing wealthy businessman after he crashed his McLaren supercar into their home for ‘cheap thrills’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 28, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Couple suing wealthy businessman after he crashed his McLaren supercar into their home for ‘cheap thrills’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    A couple are suing a wealthy businessman after he crashed his McLaren supercar into their home for ‘cheap thrills’ causing £250,000 of damage.

    Zachary Hocking, 28, was drunk and driving at 91mph – three times the speed limit – when he lost control of the £90,000 sports car, in the early hours of December 23, 2023.

    The company director smashed into a lamppost before crashing into the home of Mandy and David Withers, who were fast asleep.

    The terrified couple, who were woken by an ‘enormous bang,’ looked outside to see the blue McLaren 570GT, which had exploded, on fire close to their front door.

    Hocking, who had been thrown from the vehicle – still strapped into his seat – by the force of the impact was badly injured.

    His passenger was also seriously hurt and had to be cut free by firefighters.

    Mr and Mrs Withers quickly evacuated their home, in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, but the fire blew out a downstairs window and caused extensive damage inside.

    They lost all their belongings in the blaze which also destroyed their own car which was parked outside.

    Couple suing wealthy businessman after he crashed his McLaren supercar into their home for ‘cheap thrills’

    More than £250k of damage was caused to the Withers’ home in Lytham St Annes

    The McLaren 570GT supercar was virtually destroyed in the crash and blaze

    The McLaren 570GT supercar was virtually destroyed in the crash and blaze

    Hocking was flung from the car and his passenger had to be pulled free from the wreckage

    Hocking was flung from the car and his passenger had to be pulled free from the wreckage

    Zachary Hocking, 28, admitted dangerous driving and was jailed for 28 months at Preston Crown Court last month

    Zachary Hocking, 28, admitted dangerous driving and was jailed for 28 months at Preston Crown Court last month

    The couple were forced to move out for 14 months while the property was renovated and made habitable again.

    Hocking, the director of several holiday parks in Lancashire, admitted dangerous driving and was jailed for 28 months at Preston Crown Court last month.

    Judge Paul Hodgkinson told ‘selfish’ Hocking he had ‘wrecked’ Mr and Mrs Withers’ lives, adding: ‘You have cost them financially, emotionally, physically and mentally – both now suffer post-traumatic stress disorder because of your selfish thrill-seeking behaviour.’

    The couple are furious that Hocking was not charged in connection with the damage to their home and are suing him for compensation.

    They were forced to claim on their own insurance because Hocking was uninsured.

    Mr Withers, 64, an accountant, said the past two years had been a ‘living hell.’

    ‘The events of December 23 resulted in a living nightmare that continues to engulf our every day,’ he said.

    ‘We were kicked out of our home, through no fault of our own, and had to live in a one-bedroom apartment for 14 months. We lost virtually every possession to smoke and carbon damage. The house had to be completely refurbished.’

    Mr Withers added that his wife, who runs an antiques shop, was a ‘changed woman’ and finds day to day life ‘very hard.’

    She was unable to open her store for much of last year because of the stress of the case, was hospitalised and spent two days in intensive care after taking an overdose.

    ‘Every day since it happened we have had to deal with the aftermath of the damage caused by Mr Hocking, who has shown no remorse,’ Mrs Withers, 59, told the court.

    ‘We’ve lost all our belongings and precious keepsakes from our children, missed time with our family and it has cost us financially.’

    The couple said both of them had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and forced to go on anti-depressants.

    ‘The implications of what happened go on forever for us,’ Mr Withers added. ‘We continually feel nervous and unsafe when we hear cars speeding outside our house. We will probably never be the same people again.’

    Photographs of the McLaren taken by police revealed it was virtually destroyed in the crash and ensuing fireball.

    Inspector Greg Laidlow, of Lancashire Police, said: ‘You only need to look at the wreckage of the car to conclude it’s a miracle that no-one was killed.’

    The officer described Hocking’s driving as ‘extremely reckless and selfish,’ adding: ‘He will not be allowed behind the wheel for a long period of time.’

    Hocking, of Lytham St Annes, was also banned from driving for 74 months.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleTechnical Challenge with MMS – Compliant Meters
    Next Article TAGG raises alarm over Parliament’s approval of GRA-TRUEDARE deal
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    August 18, 2026

    ‘Fox head’ that was bought for £50 at a market sells for £60,000… because it’s actually an extinct tiger

    August 17, 2026

    Royal artist’s anger over exhibition of ‘sexually explicit artwork’ in gallery used by children

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    By BURNEY WONG – NEWS REPORTER Published: 19:06 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 20:11…

    GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Dramatic truth about how NFL stars really feel over WAGs gatecrashing practice: Whispers of ‘distractions’ on the field after ‘alpha’ showoff’s ‘intimate’ PDA

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Rents to rise 30 per cent in Australia: Grim warning as major bank blames Anthony Albanese’s tax changes

    GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.