Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Fury as Trump gets $1.8 billion taxpayer-funded payout from his own government: ‘Stunning act of corruption’

    GFA joins National Chief Imam for special prayer session for Black Stars ahead of 2026 World Cup

    TECNO SPARK 50 Arrives With the Power to Keep Up With Everyday Life

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Counter terror police probe another Golders Green arson attack as memorial wall to protesters killed in Iran is targeted overnight
    International

    Counter terror police probe another Golders Green arson attack as memorial wall to protesters killed in Iran is targeted overnight

    Papa LincBy Papa LincApril 28, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Counter terror police probe another Golders Green arson attack as memorial wall to protesters killed in Iran is targeted overnight
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Counter terror police are today investigating yet another arson attack in a predominantly Jewish area of London. 

    Detectives are probing an attempt to set fire to a memorial wall dedicated to the fallen victims of the Iranian regime, in Golders Green.

    In the past month there has been firebombings of Jewish community ambulances and two synagogues in north-west London.

    The memorial wall is a tribute to thousands of protesters killed in a crackdown in Iran in January and is near a Jewish centre.

    A section of the wall is dedicated to those killed in the Hamas attack on the Nova music festival in Israel in 2023, while a more recent statement of solidarity for the Jewish community in the wake of recent attacks has been attached to a nearby tree.

    Police were called to reports of a fire there at 7.28pm on Monday and the investigation is now being led by Counter Terror Policing, Scotland Yard has said.

    The memorial wall itself was not damaged – although there are scorch marks at a desk – but it has been sealed off.

    The investigation into the incident is being led by Counter Terrorism Policing London, supported by officers from the North West Command Area. 

    It is not being treated as a terrorist incident and officers are keeping an open mind about the motive behind the attack, the Met said.

    No arrests have been made at this time.

    Counter terror police probe another Golders Green arson attack as memorial wall to protesters killed in Iran is targeted overnight

    Detectives are probing an attempt to set fire to a memorial wall dedicated to the fallen victims of the Iranian regime, in Golders Green, last night. It has been sealed off 

    The wall is a shrine to the thousands of protesters were killed by the regime in Iran earlier this year. A desk has been scorched by flames

    The wall is a shrine to the thousands of protesters were killed by the regime in Iran earlier this year. A desk has been scorched by flames

    Detective Chief Superintendent Luke Williams, who leads policing in north west London, said: ‘We recognise that this incident will heighten concerns in the Golders Green area, where residents have already faced a series of attacks.

    ‘We are working closely with community organisations and leaders, and want to reassure them that our protective security operation continues. Our local officers are working closely with Counter Terror Policing to support their investigation.

    ‘Since last month’s attack in Golders Green, we have stepped up our work to reassure communities. This includes armed police patrols as well as deployments of officers from Project Servator, who are specially trained to spot anyone who may be planning or preparing to commit criminal acts.’

    Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting CAD 7308/27Apr, or independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

    Ali Vahedi, a volunteer from the Miga Rally community group that set up the memorial and organise security to watch the wall, told the Press Association: ‘Last week a drone was here, people come and throw things like tomatoes and now last night, after this fire happened, it is getting more dangerous.

    ‘We started security here three months ago because we did not feel safe.’

    At first police thought the fire had been started by a candle, but CCTV footage showed a person using a liquid to try to start a blaze.

    Mr Vahedi, 50, from Barnet, added: ‘The individual used a liquid to start the fire, the police told me. The fire started from the end of the table and it spread everywhere.

    ‘We are lucky someone saw the fire and stopped it. Now we have the same feeling as the Jewish community. We are not safe.’

    ‘Any attempt to damage or desecrate such a site is deeply troubling and an attack on the values of remembrance, dignity and community cohesion.

    ‘We hope those responsible will be identified and held accountable.’

    Fellow volunteer Vahlid Baghi, 49, called the attempted arson ‘shocking’.

    Miga Rally said in a statement: ‘The memorial wall is a peaceful place of remembrance, documenting lives lost and ensuring victims are not forgotten.

    ‘Any attempt to damage or desecrate such a site is deeply troubling and an attack on the values of remembrance, dignity and community cohesion.

    ‘We hope those responsible will be identified and held accountable.’

    The latest arrest came after an arson attack on volunteer-led Jewish community ambulances were set alight in Golders Green

    The latest arrest came after an arson attack on volunteer-led Jewish community ambulances were set alight in Golders Green

    Yesterday counter-terror police revealed they had arrested a suspect close to an isolated Devon market town over a series of attacks on the Jewish community in London. 

    A 37-year-old man was held by the Met Police on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts at an address close to Barnstaple on Sunday night.

    He has been taken 210 miles to London for questioning. He has been bailed.

    The suspect, who has not been named, is the 26th person to be arrested since the firebombing of Jewish community ambulances in Golders Green, two synagogues in north-west London and the former premises of a Jewish charity.

    There were also jars containing a powdered substance left in Kensington Gardens close to the Israeli Embassy – as well as a drone incursion – and an attack on a Persian-language media organisation opposed to the Iranian regime in the capital in recent weeks.

    Pro-Iranian group Harakat Ashab al-Yamin al-Islamia – the Islamic Movement of the Companions of the Right – has claimed responsibility for the attacks.

    There have been arson attacks on Jewish community ambulances in Golders Green, north-west London, a synagogue and a former Jewish charity, as well as an incident where a drone was flown near the Israeli embassy.

    The Golders Green firebombing caused gas canisters stored in the ambulances to explode, with the force from the blast causing windows to break in a block of flats close by.

    The synagogue, one of Europe’s oldest, had its roof damaged and stained glass windows smashed in the fire. There were no injuries. 

    Counter-terror police have been looking into the possible involvement of Iranian proxies.

    Premises linked to people opposing the Iranian regime have also been targeted, the Met said last week.

    An attempted arson attack was also carried out on April 15 at Finchley Reform Synagogue, and at about 8.30pm outside the offices of a Persian media company, both in north-west London.

    On Tuesday, a 17-year-old boy pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates’ Court to arson not endangering life following the attack on Kenton United Synagogue.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleGHS raises alarm over rising obesity among adolescents
    Next Article 49ers star Brandon Aiyuk goes missing as team desperately attempts to find him amid offseason standoff
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Fury as Trump gets $1.8 billion taxpayer-funded payout from his own government: ‘Stunning act of corruption’

    May 18, 2026

    Putin’s drone schools for Ukrainian kids: How Russia ‘is training brainwashed children to build UAV army that can take on the West’

    May 18, 2026

    Andy Burnham tries to quell by-election backlash over call to rejoin EU as he lurches Left … while deluded Starmer STILL wants to be PM into the 2030s

    May 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 18, 2026

    Fury as Trump gets $1.8 billion taxpayer-funded payout from his own government: ‘Stunning act of corruption’

    Donald Trump has struck a $1.8 billion deal with his own IRS to funnel taxpayer…

    GFA joins National Chief Imam for special prayer session for Black Stars ahead of 2026 World Cup

    TECNO SPARK 50 Arrives With the Power to Keep Up With Everyday Life

    Putin’s drone schools for Ukrainian kids: How Russia ‘is training brainwashed children to build UAV army that can take on the West’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Fury as Trump gets $1.8 billion taxpayer-funded payout from his own government: ‘Stunning act of corruption’

    GFA joins National Chief Imam for special prayer session for Black Stars ahead of 2026 World Cup

    TECNO SPARK 50 Arrives With the Power to Keep Up With Everyday Life

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.