Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97

    USS Lincoln crisis: How it compares to past aircraft carrier deployments | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Corruption watchdog makes massive call about Brittany Higgins’ $2.4MILLION taxpayer-funded compensation payout – as she gets job after ‘medically unfit to work’ claims
    International

    Corruption watchdog makes massive call about Brittany Higgins’ $2.4MILLION taxpayer-funded compensation payout – as she gets job after ‘medically unfit to work’ claims

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJune 12, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Corruption watchdog makes massive call about Brittany Higgins’ .4MILLION taxpayer-funded compensation payout – as she gets job after ‘medically unfit to work’ claims
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email



    Corruption watchdog makes massive call about Brittany Higgins’ $2.4MILLION taxpayer-funded compensation payout – as she gets job after ‘medically unfit to work’ claims

    By MAX AITCHISON, POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

    Published: 21:34 EDT, 11 June 2025 | Updated: 21:45 EDT, 11 June 2025

    There was ‘no corruption issue’ found with the $2.4m taxpayer-funded compensation payout handed to Brittany Higgins after just one day of deliberation, the corruption watchdog has found.   

    The former Liberal staffer made a compensation claim for damages in March 2022 after alleging she was raped in parliament by her former colleague, Bruce Lehrmann.

    After one day of mediation talks, she was handed a $2.4m settlement. 

    On Thursday morning, the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) took the extraordinary step of addressing the ‘scrutiny and speculation’ surrounding the case.

    ‘There is no evidence that the settlement process, including the legal advice provided, who was present at the mediation, or the amount, was subject to any improper influence by any Commonwealth public official,’ a statment from the NACC said.

    ‘To the contrary, the evidence obtained reflected a process that was based on independent external legal advice, without any inappropriate intervention by any minister of either government. 

    ‘There is therefore no corruption issue.’ 

    The NACC said it had requested and analysed ‘thousands of documents’ and found that the commonwealth had received and acted upon independent legal advice. 

    ‘There was no inappropriate intervention in the process by or on behalf of any minister,’ it added. 

    Lehrmann has always denied the allegations but was found to have raped Ms Higgins on the balance of probabilities by Justice Michael Lee in April last year – a decision Lehrmann is currently appealing.

    In Ms Higgins’ draft statement of claim, first reported by The Australian newspaper,  she had been ‘diagnosed as medically unfit for any form of employment, and has been given a very poor prognosis for future employment’.

    The claim suggested she was therefore due over $2.5 million in economic loss for 40 years’ of missed earnings.

    These claims were untested in court given Ms Higgins was awarded the $2.4 million by payout after one day of mediation talks.

    More to come.  

    Share or comment on this article:
    Corruption watchdog makes massive call about Brittany Higgins’ $2.4MILLION taxpayer-funded compensation payout – as she gets job after ‘medically unfit to work’ claims



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleBoston Red Sox spark controversy after putting on pre-game drag show for Pride Day
    Next Article A 21-year-old lady was shot and killed by her lover.
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    August 17, 2026

    Housing minister casts doubt over Labour reaching its goal of building 1.5million new homes as he admits target ‘is looking really tough’

    August 17, 2026

    Britons on benefits ‘could be given therapy and healthy meals rather than cash’ under Labour reforms

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    By REBECCA CAMBER, CRIME AND SECURITY EDITOR Published: 07:00 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated:…

    OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97

    USS Lincoln crisis: How it compares to past aircraft carrier deployments | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Cutting waste key to economic recovery – Pres Mahama

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Double killer Simon Levy ‘stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat’

    OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97

    USS Lincoln crisis: How it compares to past aircraft carrier deployments | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.