Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Tupac Shakur’s dying words revealed in court by cop who rode with him in ambulance: Live updates

    Photos: Eleventh batch of Ghanaian evacuees arrive from South Africa

    Iran prepares to keep economy alive as US threatens further sanctions | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Company boss accused of dumping 27 tonnes of untreated waste on a country lane pleads not guilty to nine offences
    International

    Company boss accused of dumping 27 tonnes of untreated waste on a country lane pleads not guilty to nine offences

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 6, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Company boss accused of dumping 27 tonnes of untreated waste on a country lane pleads not guilty to nine offences
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ANDY DOLAN, GENERAL REPORTER

    Published: 07:00 EDT, 6 August 2025 | Updated: 08:41 EDT, 6 August 2025

    A company boss accused of dumping 27 tonnes of untreated waste on a country lane has today pleaded not guilty to nine offences.

    A row of houses in the village of Curborough near Lichfield found itself cut off after the dump blocked access during the night of 19 January.

    Lichfield District Council, who cleared up the mess at a cost of £10,000, brought a prosecution against Darren Sheen, a director of Fusion Engineering, after investigating the origins of the two metre (8ft) high pile.

    Today, 40-year-old Sheen from Uttoxeter, wearing a dark blue shirt, dark blue tie and navy trousers denied nine offences from the dock of Stafford Crown Court.

    These included depositing controlled waste in a manner likely to cause pollution or harm to human health, failure to transfer waste to an authorized person and willful obstruction of a highway.

    Each offence was laid against the company and against Sheen in his capacity as a director.

    He also faced one solo charge of dangerous driving.

    His trial will not take place until 8 March 2027.

    Company boss accused of dumping 27 tonnes of untreated waste on a country lane pleads not guilty to nine offences

    The fly-tip cut residents in the hamlet off  because the other end of the lane had been been closed for roadworks 

    Darren Sheen, pictured at a previous hearing, pleaded not guilty to nine offences this morning at Stafford Crown Court

    Darren Sheen, pictured at a previous hearing, pleaded not guilty to nine offences this morning at Stafford Crown Court

    The waste was dumped overnight on a country lane serving around a dozen homes

    The waste was dumped overnight on a country lane serving around a dozen homes 

    Judge Avik Mukherjee apologized to Sheen and the court for the lengthy delay in proceedings.

    ‘I can only apologise. This is a relatively small court centre dealing with a large amount of work,’ he said.

    Judge Mukherjee ordered a pre-trial review take place on June 29 2026. Both sides will be calling in expert evidence to support their claims.

    Prosecutor Mark Jackson said that a reconstruction had recently been carried out seeking to show that the amount of waste could have been deposited within the time frame. 

    Following January’s fly-tip, Lichfield District Council was left with the task of clearing up the huge dump which measured two metres (8ft) high and more than 20 metres (65ft) long.

    The dump effectively cut off the hamlet of Curborough, as it was already inaccessible from the other direction due to roadworks connected to the constrution of a new housing estate.

    It meant residents could only leave the hamlet by foot. 

    Sheen was told his trial could not take place until March 2027

    Sheen was told his trial could not take place until March 2027

    The eight-foot-high mound of rotting waste took 38 hours to clear up

    The eight-foot-high mound of rotting waste took 38 hours to clear up 

    The clear up took Lichfield District Council 38 hours to complete at a cost of over £10,000.

    Their Environmental Health officers immediately began an investigation which ended up seizing a lorry believed to have been used in the incident on March 21. 

    The compacted rubbish included building rubble, fencing, vast amounts of plastic as well as shoes, a hairdryer and at least two England flags.

    It spanned virtually the entire width of Watery Lane, leaving room only to edge past the mess on foot.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Company boss accused of dumping 27 tonnes of untreated waste on a country lane pleads not guilty to nine offences



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleAbena Osei-Asare to sponsor vacation classes in Atiwa East to support basic school pupils
    Next Article Lady shares the funny photos she took of her friend during her birthday photoshoot (VIDEO)
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Tupac Shakur’s dying words revealed in court by cop who rode with him in ambulance: Live updates

    August 18, 2026

    Huge emergency response after reports of ‘four people in difficulty in water’ at West Sussex seaside town

    August 18, 2026

    NHS halts Palantir training amid pressure from Labour MPs and pro-Palestine lobby to scrap £330m contract

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Tupac Shakur’s dying words revealed in court by cop who rode with him in ambulance: Live updates

    By KATRINA SCHOLLENBERGER, US HEAD OF LIVE NEWS Updated: 13:32 EDT, 18 August 2026 A…

    Photos: Eleventh batch of Ghanaian evacuees arrive from South Africa

    Iran prepares to keep economy alive as US threatens further sanctions | US-Israel war on Iran News

    AirPods ban: Police debunk fake flyer

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Tupac Shakur’s dying words revealed in court by cop who rode with him in ambulance: Live updates

    Photos: Eleventh batch of Ghanaian evacuees arrive from South Africa

    Iran prepares to keep economy alive as US threatens further sanctions | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.