Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    British newlyweds killed in Greek honeymoon helicopter crash: Banker and his new wife perished with pilot 

    GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment

    Tupac Shakur murder trial begins thirty years after his death | Crime

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Cleveland Guardians risk Donald Trump fury with response to his call to return to ‘Indians’ name
    Sports

    Cleveland Guardians risk Donald Trump fury with response to his call to return to ‘Indians’ name

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJuly 21, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Cleveland Guardians risk Donald Trump fury with response to his call to return to ‘Indians’ name
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By JACK BEZANTS

    Published: 19:42 EDT, 20 July 2025 | Updated: 20:00 EDT, 20 July 2025

    The Cleveland Guardians have no intention of reverting to their former ‘Indians’ name, despite passionate calls from Donald Trump on Sunday to do just that.

    Trump fired out messages on truth social aimed at the Guardians and Washington Commanders, threatening to block to NFL team’s stadium move if they didn’t return to their old ‘Redskins’ name.

    But despite the President’s demands, the baseball side will apparently be staying with their new name.

    ‘I understand there are very different perspectives on the decision we made a few years ago,’ Guardians president Chris Antonetti said in a statement.

    ‘But it’s a decision we’ve made and we’ve gotten the opportunity to build the brand as the Guardians over the last four years and we’re excited about the future that’s in front of us.’

    Cleveland announced in December 2020 that the team would drop its ‘Indians’ nickname, announcing the switch to ‘Guardians’ the following year. 

    Cleveland Guardians risk Donald Trump fury with response to his call to return to ‘Indians’ name

    Donald Trump won’t be pleased by Cleveland Guardians’ response to his name-change calls

    The comments from Antonetti risk upsetting the President, given the passion with which he outlined his case.

    ‘The Owner of the Cleveland Baseball Team, Matt Dolan, who is very political, has lost three Elections in a row because of that ridiculous name change,’ Trump wrote on Truth Social.

    ‘What he doesn’t understand is that if he changed the name back to the Cleveland Indians, he might actually win an Election. Indians are being treated very unfairly. MAKE INDIANS GREAT AGAIN (MIGA)!’

    Matt Dolan is actually no longer involved in the running of the Guardians franchise but was was twice a candidate in the Ohio Senate elections in 2022 and 2024, losing on both occasions. 

    After venting about the NFL team in DC, Trump had earlier said of the baseball team: ‘Likewise, the Cleveland Indians, one of the six original baseball teams, with a storied past. Our great Indian people, in massive numbers, want this to happen. 

    ‘Their heritage and prestige is systematically being taken away from them. Times are different now than they were three or four years ago. We are a Country of passion and common sense. OWNERS, GET IT DONE!’

    But while the Guardians are resisting the calls from Trump, he might have more leverage over the Washington Commanders.

    In a later post Sunday, Trump said he may veto their stadium move back towards DC if the organization wants to continue with their present name.

    ‘My statement on the Washington Redskins has totally blown up, but only in a very positive way,’ Trump wrote.

    ‘I may put a restriction on them that if they don’t change the name back to the original ‘Washington Redskins,’ and get rid of the ridiculous moniker, ‘Washington Commanders,’ I won’t make a deal for them to build a Stadium in Washington.’

    Share or comment on this article:
    Cleveland Guardians risk Donald Trump fury with response to his call to return to ‘Indians’ name



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleSays Saudi League Is Evolving But Not Yet Top Five
    Next Article School holiday horror as Year 12 boy is killed in a car crash near his family home
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY: The inside story of how  Connacht’s homegrown star and a  potential Ireland lynchpin ended up at bitter rivals Ulster…

    August 18, 2026

    Revealed: Jose Mourinho’s four Real Madrid ‘untouchables’ – as Trent Alexander-Arnold faces battle to nail down right back spot

    August 18, 2026

    Dressing room camera footage of Jack Wilshere’s sweary half-time team talk goes viral, with fans wowed by his inspirational leadership that took Luton from 3-1 down to win 4-3

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    British newlyweds killed in Greek honeymoon helicopter crash: Banker and his new wife perished with pilot 

    This is the British newlywed couple who were killed after a helicopter crash during their…

    GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment

    Tupac Shakur murder trial begins thirty years after his death | Crime

    Declare state of emergency in galamsey areas …Eco-conscious Citizens demand

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    British newlyweds killed in Greek honeymoon helicopter crash: Banker and his new wife perished with pilot 

    GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment

    Tupac Shakur murder trial begins thirty years after his death | Crime

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.