Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are set to make their first royal appearance in the coming weeks – ‘without Andrew and Fergie’

    Wife of former Carlton AFL president Luke Sayers cries in court as judge is told estranged couple will be grilled over fallout from his ‘d**k pic’ scandal

    International rugby star is left heartbroken as marriage to his childhood sweetheart collapses – and wife moves in with his close friend

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»China condemns US non-support for Taiwan independence
    Politics

    China condemns US non-support for Taiwan independence

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 18, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read13 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    China condemns US non-support for Taiwan independence
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The US State Depart­ment has dropped a statement from its website which stated that Washington does not sup­port Taiwan’s independence – a move which has sparked anger in China.

    China said the revision “sends a wrong signal to separatist forces advocating Taiwan independence”, and asked the US to “correct its mistakes”.

    The department’s fact sheet on Taiwan-US relations earlier included the phrase “we do not support Taiwan independence” – this was removed last week as part of what it said was a “routine” update.

    A US spokesperson was quoted as saying that it remains committed to the “One China” policy, it said, where US recognises and has formal ties with China rather than Taiwan.

    China sees self-governed Taiwan as a breakaway province that will eventually be part of the country, and has not ruled out the use of force to achieve this.

    But many Taiwanese consider themselves to be part of a separate nation, although most are in favour of maintaining the status quo where Taiwan neither declares independence from China nor unites with it.

    As well as dropping the phrase, the factsheet, which was updated last Thursday, also says the US will support Taiwan’s membership in international organisations “where applicable”.

    Commenting on the changes, a spokesperson at the American Institute in Taiwan – the US’ de facto embassy on the island – told local media that the fact sheet had been “updated to inform the general public about [the US’] unofficial relationship with Taiwan”.

    “We have long stated that we oppose any unilateral changes to the status quo from either side.”

    On Sunday, Taiwan’s For­eign Minister Lin Chia-lung thanked the US for what he called “positive, Tai­wan-friendly wordings”.

    —BBC



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleIñaki Williams condemns Espanyol fans over racist taunts
    Next Article Horror as three kids are found abandoned in freezing, squalid home in Michigan
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Hearts, Aduana FC share points in Accra

    May 11, 2026

    Medeama edge closer to GPL title

    May 11, 2026

    SCORES AT A GLANCE 

    May 11, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025138 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026118 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025101 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202670 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 18, 2026

    Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are set to make their first royal appearance in the coming weeks – ‘without Andrew and Fergie’

    Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are poised to step back into the royal spotlight this summer…

    Wife of former Carlton AFL president Luke Sayers cries in court as judge is told estranged couple will be grilled over fallout from his ‘d**k pic’ scandal

    International rugby star is left heartbroken as marriage to his childhood sweetheart collapses – and wife moves in with his close friend

    FC AshantiGold 04 crown promotion season with victory over King Faisal in coronation match

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are set to make their first royal appearance in the coming weeks – ‘without Andrew and Fergie’

    Wife of former Carlton AFL president Luke Sayers cries in court as judge is told estranged couple will be grilled over fallout from his ‘d**k pic’ scandal

    International rugby star is left heartbroken as marriage to his childhood sweetheart collapses – and wife moves in with his close friend

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.