Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Ghana-Anhui Chamber of Commerce donates towards upcoming Constituency Games

    Arsenal closing on agreement for Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa

    Schoolgirl was ‘fed stream of videos normalising suicide by social media algorithms’ before taking her own life weeks after her 13th birthday

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Entertainment»Cardi B found not liable of assault allegations in civil case
    Entertainment

    Cardi B found not liable of assault allegations in civil case

    Papa LincBy Papa LincSeptember 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Cardi B found not liable of assault allegations in civil case
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Cardi B denied the allegations of alleged assault Cardi B denied the allegations of alleged assault

    A California jury has found Cardi B not liable for assault allegations in a civil lawsuit filed by a former security guard.

    The case stems from a 2018 incident involving plaintiff Emani Ellis, a former building security guard who sued Cardi B for alleged assault during an interaction between the women in the hallway of a medical office where Ellis was employed.

    The artiste, who was pregnant at the time and on her way to see her obstetrician, denied the allegations. Ellis was seeking punitive and other damages that included medical expenses for a scratch on her face.

    The Grammy-winning artist, who testified over two days in the trial last week, reacted with a sigh of relief to the verdict.

    Outside of court, Cardi B expressed thanks to her lawyers, the jurors, and her supporters. She lamented that she missed her children’s first day of school because of the trial, which she criticized as being the result of a “frivolous” lawsuit.

    “I’m not even playing around, even if I’m on my deathbed, I swear to God I will say it on my deathbed, I did not touch that woman. I did not touch that girl. I didn’t lay my hands on that girl,” she said.

    The “Up” rapper told reporters gathered that she’s in the middle of an album rollout. She said she had late nights and early mornings, waking up at 5:30 am in order to be camera-ready for court, and joked that her forehead is “raw” from changing her wigs.

    Her hair, fashion, candor, and occasional humor during her courtroom testimony, which was live-streamed by Court TV and recirculated across social media, brought new attention to the 7-year-old case last week.

    “I hope that this is something I leave behind,” Cardi B said Tuesday.

    Ron Rosen Janfaza, an attorney for Ellis, said his client plans to file an appeal.

    Ellis, meanwhile, criticized Cardi B’s conduct on the stand as “totally unprofessional” and told reporters that the musician’s “body language, body gestures, facial expressions, and disrespect for the court speak to who she is.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleUniversity of Ghana leads international collaboration on sustainable ocean futures
    Next Article Grimsby fined for fielding ineligible player in win over Manchester United
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Greater Accra Regional Minister Pays Courtesy Call On Ghana’s Ambassador To The United States As She Mobilises Diaspora Support For Ghana At 70

    August 18, 2026

    Louisa Adinkra Reveals Why She Would Forgive A Cheating Partner

    August 18, 2026

    DJ KA Returns to Kessben FM Weeks After Private Video Scandal

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    Politics August 19, 2026

    Ghana-Anhui Chamber of Commerce donates towards upcoming Constituency Games

    The Ghana-Anhui Chamber of Commerce has donated 2,120 sports essentials to the National Sports Authority…

    Arsenal closing on agreement for Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa

    Schoolgirl was ‘fed stream of videos normalising suicide by social media algorithms’ before taking her own life weeks after her 13th birthday

    Alleged sexual assault by local official and businessman sparks outrage in China

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Ghana-Anhui Chamber of Commerce donates towards upcoming Constituency Games

    Arsenal closing on agreement for Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa

    Schoolgirl was ‘fed stream of videos normalising suicide by social media algorithms’ before taking her own life weeks after her 13th birthday

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.