Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Swedish sword attack victim was 17-year-old girl, police say

    Thousands flee Sudan’s Kordofan fighting for relative safety of El Obeid | Conflict News

    Melbourne is crowned immigration capital of Australia as shock data reveals 86 per cent of new residents are from overseas

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»British father facing extradition to the US over spy charge feared to have fled to China with his ‘handler’ after escaping house arrest
    International

    British father facing extradition to the US over spy charge feared to have fled to China with his ‘handler’ after escaping house arrest

    Papa LincBy Papa LincSeptember 13, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    British father facing extradition to the US over spy charge feared to have fled to China with his ‘handler’ after escaping house arrest
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By IAN GALLAGHER and ABUL TAHER

    Published: 18:31 EDT, 13 September 2025 | Updated: 19:52 EDT, 13 September 2025

    A British businessman facing extradition to the US for alleged espionage is feared to have fled to China after escaping house arrest in Serbia, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

    John Miller and his Chinese ‘handler’ Cui Guanghai were arrested in Belgrade after an FBI sting operation in April, just hours before they were due to fly to Beijing.

    The pair, accused of trying to buy weapons and sensitive military technology in the US for the Chinese military, had been under house arrest ever since as they awaited extradition to America.

    But last month, while living in separate rented flats in the Serbian capital, the pair apparently removed their electronic surveillance tags and escaped house arrest at the same time.

    Last night Mr Miller’s brother Alan told the MoS: ‘You would have thought they must have had some help and he will probably be in China. His son still lives there as far as I know.’

    A family friend added: ‘His wife told me she didn’t think she would ever see him again.

    ‘The thing is that Johnny is very English. He won’t find it easy being over there.’ It is not clear when the two men fled but a Belgrade court issued an arrest warrant for them on August 15.

    After their arrest in April there were fears that Chinese spies would try to mount an escape bid. Mr Cui is a suspected senior Chinese intelligence official.

    British father facing extradition to the US over spy charge feared to have fled to China with his ‘handler’ after escaping house arrest

    British businessman John Miller is facing extradition to the US for alleged espionage is feared to have fled to China after escaping house arrest in Serbia

    Miller and his Chinese 'handler' Cui Guanghai were arrested in Belgrade after an FBI sting operation in April

    Miller and his Chinese ‘handler’ Cui Guanghai were arrested in Belgrade after an FBI sting operation in April

    Court documents show that Mr Miller, a 63-year-old recruitment specialist from Tunbridge Wells, Kent, referred to Chinese leader Xi Jinping as ‘The Boss’ in intercepted phone calls.

    The FBI said this demonstrated his ‘awareness that he was acting at the direction and control of the [Chinese] government’. 

    US-based Chinese national Mr Cui, 43, is an Edinburgh University graduate suspected of working for China’s military intelligence and described as ‘important’ to President Xi.

    Mr Cui and Mr Miller have been pictured together in London’s Chinatown. Other images on social media show Mr Cui and his wife in Edinburgh, Dublin and London. Britain’s security services were understood to be liaising with the FBI.

    Documents filed at the Eastern District Court of Wisconsin in Milwaukee allege Mr Miller tried to buy military hardware in the US for the People’s Liberation Army. 

    This included missile launchers, air-defence radars and Black Hornet ‘microdrones’ that can fly within feet of enemy soldiers and enter buildings to spy on troop positions.

    Other equipment Mr Miller is alleged to have tried to procure included a hand-held device approved by America’s National Security Agency for the secure communication of ‘classified and sensitive national security information’.

    Mr Miller and Mr Cui were arrested at Belgrade’s Hyatt Regency Hotel on April 24 having flown in from Hungary after meeting business associates – and falling into an FBI trap.

    Sources say US agents waited for Mr Cui to travel to Europe before issuing the arrest order.

    Mr Miller has been charged in the US with smuggling, stalking and violations of the Arms Export Control Act. If convicted, they face up to 40 years in prison.

    Share or comment on this article:
    British father facing extradition to the US over spy charge feared to have fled to China with his ‘handler’ after escaping house arrest



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleMichael Irvin & Mark Wahlberg Meet » September 13, 2025
    Next Article ‘Rise as sentinels of sobriety’ – President Mahama appeals to traditional leaders
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Melbourne is crowned immigration capital of Australia as shock data reveals 86 per cent of new residents are from overseas

    August 23, 2026

    Sydney Swans ‘hand over audio of women after they left hotel’ to the AFL integrity unit – as coach Dean Cox could be forced to give evidence against his players

    August 23, 2026

    Andy Burnham faces pressure to sack ‘climate tsar’ who has racked up enough air miles to get to the Moon

    August 23, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 23, 2026

    Swedish sword attack victim was 17-year-old girl, police say

    Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson and Social Democratic Party leader Magdalena Andersson visit the makeshift…

    Thousands flee Sudan’s Kordofan fighting for relative safety of El Obeid | Conflict News

    Melbourne is crowned immigration capital of Australia as shock data reveals 86 per cent of new residents are from overseas

    Boxing News: Utrias Edges Mercado In Squeaker » August 22, 2026

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Swedish sword attack victim was 17-year-old girl, police say

    Thousands flee Sudan’s Kordofan fighting for relative safety of El Obeid | Conflict News

    Melbourne is crowned immigration capital of Australia as shock data reveals 86 per cent of new residents are from overseas

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.