Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Army soldier, 21, is charged with raping girl aged TWELVE

    Titus-Glover campaign team members injured in accident near Dambai

    Carlos Alcaraz confirms US Open return after four-month injury layoff | Tennis News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Border agents snare almost half the entire staff at Hyundai plant in one of Trump’s biggest migration raids
    International

    Border agents snare almost half the entire staff at Hyundai plant in one of Trump’s biggest migration raids

    Papa LincBy Papa LincSeptember 5, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Border agents snare almost half the entire staff at Hyundai plant in one of Trump’s biggest migration raids
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By WILL POTTER, US SENIOR NEWS REPORTER

    Published: 19:36 EDT, 5 September 2025 | Updated: 19:41 EDT, 5 September 2025

    Almost 500 people were arrested in the largest Homeland Security raid in US history as agents descended on a Hyundai factory in Georgia. 

    Footage from the raid on Thursday showed rows of workers at the factory being lined up and sat on grass outside the facility as masked federal agents watched over them. 

    Officials said a total of 475 immigrants suspected of working in the US illegally were detained – the vast majority of them from Korea – which represented almost half of the factory’s 1200 workers. 

    Steven Schrank, the special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Georgia, told reporters Friday that he was unsure how many exactly were Korean and said no criminal charges had yet been filed. 

    Many of those who were detained had entered the US illegally while others previously had visas but overstayed their legal work permits, officials said.  

    Schrank added that the raid was the result of a months-long investigation into the facility, and described the sweep as the largest enforcement operation at a single site in the history of Homeland Security Investigations. 

    ‘This operation underscores our commitment to protecting jobs for Georgians and Americans, ensuring a level playing field for businesses that comply with the law, safeguarding the integrity of our economy and protecting workers from exploitation,’ he said. 

    The massive raid comes days after the Trump administration announced it was stepping up its deportation efforts and would clear the way to detain as many as 256,000 Venezuelans by ending their temporary protection status. 

    Border agents snare almost half the entire staff at Hyundai plant in one of Trump’s biggest migration raids

    Pictured: A total of 475 immigrants suspected of working in the US illegally were detained at a Hyundai factory in Georgia, according to Homeland Security officials

    The raid was the result of a months-long investigation into the facility, said Steven Schrank, the special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Georgia

    The raid was the result of a months-long investigation into the facility, said Steven Schrank, the special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Georgia

    The mass arrests of Korean nationals also prompted a diplomatic dispute as South Korea’s Foreign Ministry dispatched officials to the factory. 

    The ministry also urged the U.S. Embassy in Seoul ‘to exercise extreme caution to ensure that the legitimate rights and interests of Korean citizens are not infringed upon.’

    ‘The economic activities of Korean investment companies and the rights and interests of Korean citizens must not be unfairly infringed upon during U.S. law enforcement operations,’ the statement read. 

    Following the raid on the Hyundai factory on Thursday, officials said the detainees would be moved to an ICE facility in Folkston, Georgia, near the Florida-Georgia state line. 

    ‘They will be moved based on their individual circumstances beyond that,’ Schrank said. 

    Following the raid on the Hyundai factory on Thursday, officials said the detainees would be moved to an ICE facility in Folkston, Georgia, near the Florida-Georgia state line

    Following the raid on the Hyundai factory on Thursday, officials said the detainees would be moved to an ICE facility in Folkston, Georgia, near the Florida-Georgia state line

    Pictured: Detainees from the factory that employs  around 1,200 people are being moved by ATF officers

    Pictured: Detainees from the factory that employs  around 1,200 people are being moved by ATF officers

    The move was quickly condemned by Yvonne Brooks, the president of Georgia’s chapter of American Federation of Labor–Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), who blasted it as ‘politically motivated.’ 

    ‘This raid is the latest in an ongoing campaign of harassment that has targeted immigrant Georgians as they try to earn an honest living,’ she said in a statement, per CBS News. 

    ‘Arresting and detaining workers, who are exploited every day and risk their lives every day on the job, creates an atmosphere of fear that terrorizes workers and their families and increases the workload burden on their coworkers.’ 

    The Hyundai plant where the raid occurred cost upwards of $7.6 billion and employed around 1,200 people, and had been touted by Georgia officials as one of the most significant economic projects in the state’s history. 

    Hyundai began manufacturing electric vehicles at the plant a year ago, but construction was shut down by the raid.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Border agents snare almost half the entire staff at Hyundai plant in one of Trump’s biggest migration raids



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleEarly Results From Washington, D.C. » September 5, 2025
    Next Article TCDA CEO rallies chiefs to protect shea industry, backs Mahama’s reset agenda
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Army soldier, 21, is charged with raping girl aged TWELVE

    August 20, 2026

    Alarm bells for JD Vance as devastating new poll has Democrat who swears he’s NOT running crushing him

    August 20, 2026

    Suge Knight gang associate erupts on stand in Tupac murder trial as he sensationally claims he wouldn’t ‘send’ alleged killer ‘to prison’: Live updates

    August 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 20, 2026

    Army soldier, 21, is charged with raping girl aged TWELVE

    A US Army soldier has been charged with rape of a 12-year-old girl in Ohio.Jayden…

    Titus-Glover campaign team members injured in accident near Dambai

    Carlos Alcaraz confirms US Open return after four-month injury layoff | Tennis News

    Egypt to host inaugural Alamein Africa Forum in new Coastal Smart City

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Army soldier, 21, is charged with raping girl aged TWELVE

    Titus-Glover campaign team members injured in accident near Dambai

    Carlos Alcaraz confirms US Open return after four-month injury layoff | Tennis News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.