Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher name their Premier League teams of the season – with just two differences between them

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Bondi Beach hero Ahmed al-Ahmed back in hospital days after he was discharged
    International

    Bondi Beach hero Ahmed al-Ahmed back in hospital days after he was discharged

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 30, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Bondi Beach hero Ahmed al-Ahmed back in hospital days after he was discharged
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ANTOINETTE MILIENOS, NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA

    Published: 22:09 EST, 29 December 2025 | Updated: 22:13 EST, 29 December 2025

    Ahmed Al-Ahmed, the hero who disarmed a gunman during the Bondi Beach terror attacks which saw 15 innocent people killed and dozens injured, is back in hospital. 

    Mr Al Ahmed rushed in to wrestle a shotgun from Sajid Akram, 50, when he opened fire on the crowd at a Jewish Hanukkah festival at the iconic beach just before 7pm on December 14.

    Akram’s son, Naveed, who is accused of killing 15 and injuring dozens more, allegedly shot Mr Al Ahmed several times in the moment of breathtaking heroism.

    Mr Al Ahmed was released from hospital over the weekend after he had a final round of surgery to remove a bullet from his shoulder and to repair nerve damage he sustained while wrestling the shot-gun from Akram’s grip. 

    However, The 44-year-old father-of-two has since returned to St George Hospital for further treatment for the gunshot wound.  

    Footage of the incident saw Mr Al Ahmed hailed a hero across the globe, and sparked an online appeal which raised $2.5million, presented to him in hospital last week.

    Now Mr Al Ahmed has finally spoken about his heroics in an interview with a US TV network, set to air overnight.

    ‘I did not worry about anything,’ he told Australian CBS News journalist Anna Coren.

    Bondi Beach hero Ahmed al-Ahmed back in hospital days after he was discharged

    Ahmed Al-Ahmed, the hero who disarmed a gunman during the Bondi Beach terror attacks, has returned to hospital just days after being discharged

    ‘My target was just to take the gun from him, and to stop him from killing a human being – and not killing innocent people.’

    On Monday, the father of two was spotted by the Daily Mail living the high life on the 33rd-floor balcony of a lavish suite at the Barangaroo casino’s hotel in Sydney CBD.

    Mr Al Ahmed, still wearing a sling on his left arm, has been joined by his family at the suite as he comes to terms with his new wealth and fame after saving the lives of countless others.

    Despite being hailed as a hero, Mr Al Ahmed said his thoughts remain with those who did not survive.

    ‘I know I saved lots of people’s lives, innocent kids and women and men,’ he said. ‘I know I saved lots – but I still feel sorry for the lost.’

    Dramatic footage showed him leap from behind a parked car to wrestle Sajid Akram to the ground, successfully disarming him before he was wounded in the crossfire of the firefight between police and the second gunman.

    ‘I jumped on his back, hit him,’ he said.

    ‘I hold him with my right hand and start saying a word, you know, like to warn him, drop your gun, stop doing what you’re doing, and it’s come all in fast.

    ‘And emotionally, I’m doing something, which is I feel something, a power in my body, my brain.

    ‘I don’t want to see people killed in front of me, I don’t want to hear his gun, I don’t want to see people screaming and begging, asking for help, and that’s my soul asking me to do that.’

    Doctors removed a bullet from his shoulder and repaired nerve damage during his most recent surgery.

    However it is believed he may still suffer permanent damage and could require further surgery.

    More to come…. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    Bondi Beach hero Ahmed al-Ahmed back in hospital days after he was discharged



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleSampson Boxing Signs Red Hot Middleweight Vito Mielnicki Jr To Exclusive Promotional Contract
    Next Article Sammy Gyamfi speaks on alleged $214 million BoG losses
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    May 19, 2026

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    May 19, 2026

    Chilling police audio of harrowing moments when cops descended on the scene of San Diego mosque shooting

    May 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 19, 2026

    Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher name their Premier League teams of the season – with just two differences between them

    Challenge yourself with Craig Hope’s exclusive World Cup quiz for free by signing up to…

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher name their Premier League teams of the season – with just two differences between them

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.